Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Interior/Exterior

Interior/Exterior Post new mods or questions about the inside or outside of your mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #16
re-rx7
Banned

I'm using 3k fogs and 4300k headlights. I've always used the 3k fogs in my cars. It stands out in the rain and shitty weather so peeps don't hit you.

Last edited by re-rx7; 07-25-2013 at 10:45 AM.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #17
DirtyD

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
I'm using 3k fogs and 4300k headlights. I've always used the 3k fogs in my cars. It stands out in the rain and shitty weather so peeps don't hit you.
Which is exactly what is supposed to happen.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #18
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Also, when you say retrofitting, you mean just "plug 'n play". Retrofitting is cutting up a pair of headlights and putting a projector housing in place of the reflector bowl.
Not necessarily. Retrofitting can be adding anything that wasn't original equipment, but yes, I am talking about the "plug 'n play" style kits.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #19
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
This is now making me want to buy the v6 fogs and throw 3000k's in them.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
Old 07-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #20
Dominic Toretto

Also, when you say retrofitting, you mean just "plug 'n play". Retrofitting is cutting up a pair of headlights and putting a projector housing in place of the reflector bowl.
Yes sorry, I mean plug-n-play .

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #21
Dominic Toretto

I don't know the temperature for each color. Is 3000k yellow?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 07-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #22
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I don't know the temperature for each color. Is 3000k yellow?

-Alex
Yep. 3000k is yellow, 4300k is pure white (hint of yellow), 6000k is pure white (hint of blue), 8000K is blue, anything above 8000k is crap IMO because the bluer the light, the more the light scatters especially on an asphalt road or when it rains which makes 8000k+ dimmer than halogen. Stock headlamp color is typically 4300k. As Derek said before, some companies have trouble matching bulb color even when it's supposed to be the same color temp. Most of the aftermarket companies bulb colors vary from company to company even if they are both the same color temp (kelvin or just K).

The Queen:
Old 07-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #23
DirtyD

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
This is now making me want to buy the v6 fogs and throw 3000k's in them.
That's my plan if I ever get off my lazy ass and hook up my fog lights. Maybe this weekend I will finally do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #24
JDMLOL

That's my plan if I ever get off my lazy ass and hook up my fog lights. Maybe this weekend I will finally do that.

Yeah, I remember on another post you were talking about the legality issues of having four auxiliary lamps on. If I do it I want to somehow run the two sets of fogs independently while maintaining a factory looking switch or running a hidden switch somewhere so I can run them on dark country roads.

The Queen:
Old 07-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #25
Dominic Toretto

Are you planning to delete the upper foglights?

-Alex

Old 07-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #26
DirtyD

Yeah, I remember on another post you were talking about the legality issues of having four auxiliary lamps on. If I do it I want to somehow run the two sets of fogs independently while maintaining a factory looking switch or running a hidden switch somewhere so I can run them on dark country roads.
After thinking about it more, I don't want to have all 6 on at once. The main point of me doing that would be for the purpose of pictures only. Haha. Having yellow fogs will throw it off having the other 2 lights as blue.

Are you planning to delete the upper foglights?

-Alex
Nope. Keeping those to run with my DRLs at all times.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #27
Dominic Toretto

What type of bulb is the stock foglight for the for the GTCS? I can't tell by looking.

I'm on this site and can't tell which application I would choose.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php?cPath=32

-Alex

Old 07-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #28
JDMLOL

After thinking about it more, I don't want to have all 6 on at once. The main point of me doing that would be for the purpose of pictures only. Haha. Having yellow fogs will throw it off having the other 2 lights as blue.

Nope. Keeping those to run with my DRLs at all times.

So you plan to run a relay to the led fogs and wire them to the led strip drl in the headlamps and then run the v6 fogs to the fog switch?

The Queen:
Old 07-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #29
JDMLOL

What type of bulb is the stock foglight for the for the GTCS? I can't tell by looking.

-Alex
Sylvania has a fitment guide just look up a 2012 GT/CS.

The Queen:
Old 07-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #30
DirtyD

-Alex
Bulbs are H1 if I recall correctly. Or H11.

So you plan to run a relay to the led fogs and wire them to the led strip drl in the headlamps and then run the v6 fogs to the fog switch?
Pretty much. But I will have everything related together so when I do turn on my lower fogs they grill fogs will shut off.