Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:42 PM   #91
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
You're talking about grappling right?

LMAO
That all depends on how wide you can open your mouth...
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:30 PM   #92
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Damn I'm not going to be alone with Steve anymore. He's turned into a creepy old man. I thought you bought a caddy not a
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:27 PM   #93
Crimson600+HP

Where the candy is always free
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:47 PM   #94
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Damn I'm not going to be alone with Steve anymore. He's turned into a creepy old man. I thought you bought a caddy not a
Shouldn't you be somewhere putting a stripper through medical school she will never graduate from?
Old 03-27-2014, 10:56 PM   #95
Stangmaster281

Would have been cool if he got the wagon version of the cts-v, then it would be called the Rape Wagon.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:26 PM   #96
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Stangmaster281 View Post
Would have been cool if he got the wagon version of the cts-v, then it would be called the Rape Wagon.
Lol, nice!
Old 03-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #97
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post

You didn't think this through before hitting submit reply huh?
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #98
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
You didn't think this through before hitting submit reply huh?
I'm your huckleberry..
Old 03-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #99
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
Lol, fanboys. I guess people can't appreciate a fast car other than a ford or mustang product. Frankly, if the 1LE existed when I was looking at a GT, I would be in that because it would clean my NA Mustang (at that time's) clock on the track.
First time out, I was quicker than my buddies 1LE.

I've driven his car. Stock vs stock, his was more composed, but my car is waaaaaay better than stock. In fact, neither one of us is anywhere close to stock suspension. Both cars are daily drivers first and foremost. I haven't driven his since he's done coilovers, poly subframe bushings, and we both are upgrading brakes significantly. I know who's winning this friendly arms war, the parts suppliers. We both are completely comfortable with our choices. Pony cars are not God's gift to the track, but holy hell is it fun to the hp and torque fly. In any case, its all-American muscle and more brute force and V-8 exhaust note than high dollar refinement. I can respect that. I wish the Dodges would play too, but they are just too damn heavy.

Our next event is Apr 12-13 on the 3.1 @ Cresson. Game on!!!
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:40 PM   #100
saunupe1911

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
Lol, fanboys. I guess people can't appreciate a fast car other than a ford or mustang product. Frankly, if the 1LE existed when I was looking at a GT, I would be in that because it would clean my NA Mustang (at that time's) clock on the track.
Same here, but that's my biggest gripe against the 1LE . It took Chevy 3 yrs to play ball with Ford.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #101
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
First time out, I was quicker than my buddies 1LE.

I've driven his car. Stock vs stock, his was more composed, but my car is waaaaaay better than stock. In fact, neither one of us is anywhere close to stock suspension. Both cars are daily drivers first and foremost. I haven't driven his since he's done coilovers, poly subframe bushings, and we both are upgrading brakes significantly. I know who's winning this friendly arms war, the parts suppliers. We both are completely comfortable with our choices. Pony cars are not God's gift to the track, but holy hell is it fun to the hp and torque fly. In any case, its all-American muscle and more brute force and V-8 exhaust note than high dollar refinement. I can respect that. I wish the Dodges would play too, but they are just too damn heavy.

Our next event is Apr 12-13 on the 3.1 @ Cresson. Game on!!!
One of these days I'm going to make it to an ECR open track day. When I do, I'll drag my roommate and his SS along too. Would love to sync up with some people here to see what we got on the track.

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Same here, but that's my biggest gripe against the 1LE . It took Chevy 3 yrs to play ball with Ford.
Truth. Chevy was riding the looks and straight line performance for a while before the road course/auto-x guys wanted more. I am a fan of speed, not brand which is why I love most things that are fast. To people who can't get over brand loyalty, enjoy being second place.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 03-31-2014, 08:15 AM   #102
fordplay

No... The camaro still has the rear seat, as the article states, the rear seat is the brace in the car... I purchased my 2011 mustang and compared it to the 2011 camaro.. The Brembo pkg out performed the 2011 camaro brakes in every test. As for poor engineering in the camaro.. what's step one for replacing the heater core? 1. Remove windshield. .. yep, why? The screws are located under it? Start looking and doing research, there are class action law suits against GM for the convertible top failures, the pos after thought sun roof that deforms the roof and leaks flooding the back seat, ask any owner how many times they had to re index the windows, since 2010 only 1 of my friends that own camaros had had less than 4 visits for service work. The engineering at GM is so shoestring, the cry since early 2000's from leadership has been "build it for less" ask anyone that works or used to work there.

I'll leave this here for some light reading http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70

We also know as much as we don't like to admit it, somewhere north of 90% of all racing takes place in a straight line, that is where cars reputations are earned, and we all know if you wanted a track car you'd get a lotus like everyone else.

I do see some of you are trying to turn over a new leaf. So we can agree to disagree, that's fine, I'd much rather sit over a beer or steak and talk face to face, you can't tell inflection and people take too much the wrong way online

Last edited by fordplay; 03-31-2014 at 08:41 AM.
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:45 AM   #103
Dominic Toretto

Is there a factory Mustang that can legitimately compete with a GTR or 911 Turbo around a track?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:23 AM   #104
Stangmaster281

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Is there a factory Mustang that can legitimately compete with a GTR or 911 Turbo around a track?

-Alex
Back when the boss 302 leguna seca first came out it beat the 08 gtr's leguna seca lap time. Now we all know of course the gtr has gotten faster since then, but comparing the 08 gtr to the 12' Boss 302 LS is a better comparison; considering the gt-r had 480hp and the boss had 440. If you look just below boss's time you will also find the 06 GT3's time also. The 12' carrera s just barely pulls a faster time than the boss. So to answer question, year for year there probably isn't a mustang that can touch those two; but when they both have around the same hp the boss can put up a pretty good fight. Here's the link btw > http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna_seca.html
Old 03-31-2014, 12:25 PM   #105
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
We also know as much as we don't like to admit it, somewhere north of 90% of all racing takes place in a straight line, that is where cars reputations are earned, and we all know if you wanted a track car you'd get a lotus like everyone else.
No doubt most racing in the USA takes place in straight lines. I would say it isn't as large as you think. Auto-X is taking over the mainstream masses for accessible racing. Particualriy because you don't have to have a fast or modified car. I know there is bracket racing in the 1/4 mile, but it is embarassing to take a 4 cyl car that runs 16 second 1/4 miles to a competetive track. However, that 4 cyl car could run an auto-x course in a stock class. I'd say give it time and auto-x will be the next big thing. Demand is going up for cars that can handle versus go fast in a straight line. Like it or not, car manufactures will build those cars (hence why the FR-S/BRZ is doing so well right now without any force induction).

Also, go to a track HPDE event and you will see a ton of American Muscle. Of all the ones I run it Texas, Corvette's & Mustang's make up over 50% of the cars on the track. The reason is simple, parts are cheap. Replace a part on any exotic/european car and you will pay 2-3x's the prices as our American cars. Given the horsepower these cars push and the aftermarket, it is a great platform to build a track attack car out of. This was a natural progression for Chevy to build this car.

Drag racing will always be part of American culture, but times are changing.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7