Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:34 PM   #106
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by Stangmaster281 View Post
Back when the boss 302 leguna seca first came out it beat the 08 gtr's leguna seca lap time. Now we all know of course the gtr has gotten faster since then, but comparing the 08 gtr to the 12' Boss 302 LS is a better comparison; considering the gt-r had 480hp and the boss had 440. If you look just below boss's time you will also find the 06 GT3's time also. The 12' carrera s just barely pulls a faster time than the boss.
There is a big difference in the GT3's of 2006 and the latest edition. Whole platform changes for that car, but the GTR is essentially just been retuned and reworked since 2008. Plus, a 911 Carrera S is not GT3, totally different cars on the track. (Not trying to sound like a dick, promise)

What most people need to get over is realizing that this $75K American track car is outrunning Japanese (costing excess of $115K) and European Exotics (costing excess of $125K) that were designed to be track monsters. There are flaws with the Z/28's design in some areas, but this will be the cheapest turn-key racecar/street car that can be beat up on, broken, and fixed. Virtually, a well off middle class American can now compete with rich owning exotics. I just hope Ford responds by trying to hit a home run.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:44 PM   #107
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
There is a big difference in the GT3's of 2006 and the latest edition. Whole platform changes for that car, but the GTR is essentially just been retuned and reworked since 2008. Plus, a 911 Carrera S is not GT3, totally different cars on the track. (Not trying to sound like a dick, promise)

What most people need to get over is realizing that this $75K American track car is outrunning Japanese (costing excess of $115K) and European Exotics (costing excess of $125K) that were designed to be track monsters. There are flaws with the Z/28's design in some areas, but this will be the cheapest turn-key racecar/street car that can be beat up on, broken, and fixed. Virtually, a well off middle class American can now compete with rich owning exotics. I just hope Ford responds by trying to hit a home run.
Bu bu but... the heater core!

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:34 PM   #108
fordplay

Well you can purchase direct from ford the boss 302R.. before that it was the fr500 .. The camaro does surprising well for it self in corners, and you can attempt to make for 500 I run of me for pointing out simple design flaws but if your design team screws up not knowing the windshield attach points... Imagine what you can't see. Look at the news how many GM cars are recalled now? How much did they hide? if you like GM (apparently) great. slap some expensive parts on a camaro and it can corner.. but it's built on poor design and engineering. You can only lie and cover that up for so long

I agree autocross is getting bigger. We as Americans are learning corners are fun. But I still think it's illegal straight line racing 9 to 1 over corners
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:43 PM   #109
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Bu bu but... the heater core!

-Alex
Truth, such a large issue. Not like those simple things that break on Mustangs...like my blown piston lol.

I am new-ish to domestic car forums (my mustang was my first American car) & they are horrible usually about fanboys. This has been the first one that in have found that has people who appreciate speed/fast cars no matter the brand. I just hope this thread doesn't grt deleted like the Z06 thread because fanboys can't get over their preferences.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 03-31-2014, 01:49 PM   #110
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
Well you can purchase direct from ford the boss 302R.. before that it was the fr500.

I agree autocross is getting bigger. We as America are learning corners are fun. But I still think it's illegal straight line racing 9 to 1 over corners
Valid points, but neither of those cars are street legal and are built without VINS so no one can attempt to register one.

Also, I don't recognize anything on the street as racing. All fun and games until an innocent bystander gets hurt and then you are up on manslaughter/murder. The local track here draws decent people for test and tune drag nights, but when an auto-c event goes on there is a ton of people too at a better ratio then 9:1.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 03-31-2014, 02:09 PM   #111
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
Truth, such a large issue. Not like those simple things that break on Mustangs...like my blown piston lol.
Right oh and cheap Chinese transmissions. I wonder what's more important to a performance car, a heater core or a transmission lol? Hmmmm.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 03-31-2014, 02:22 PM   #112
fordplay

I agree with the street racing comments. But it happens all the time. I say take it to the track and really try to but it happens, and that's true neither are street legal, but that's not what he specified!! Ha ha! I mean let's face it we are all here because we are fans of the car, but I appreciate all cars, of GM's fast cars. I like the vette. Proper platform, still respect the gnx!! And I'd love a cts-v Wagon it's a giant fu to everyone!! The camaro though was a function follows design vehicle, and I hate it when GM does that, because it take a lot of Money to build that correctly, and they just didnt

And dom you can think the grass is greener on the other side. Truth is it brown, with weeds, and oil stains

Last edited by fordplay; 03-31-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:36 PM   #113
Dominic Toretto

And dom you can think the grass is greener on the other side. Truth is it brown, with weeds, and oil stains
The most important comment in this thread is when you commented about being able to talk in person over a beer. Like you, I'd much rather do that and I take nothing personal from your posts . I don't like everything GM but, for the performance this car produces, it's a big achievement IMO. I'm sure the heater cole is a bitch and a half to replace but, that's no reason to deny the performance aspect of this car in my opinion.

-Alex

Old 03-31-2014, 02:38 PM   #114
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I agree with the street racing comments. But it happens all the time. I say take it to the track and really try to but it happens, and that's true neither are street legal, but that's not what he specified!! Ha ha! I mean let's face it we are all here because we are fans of the car, but I appreciate all cars, of GM's fast cars. I like the vette. Proper platform, still respect the gnx!! And I'd love a cts-v Wagon it's a giant fu to everyone!! The camaro though was a function follows design vehicle, and I hate it when GM does that, because it take a lot of Money to build that correctly, and they just didnt

I like fast cars. I don't care what brand name the car wears. If it's fast and done tastefully, I'm a fan.

As for street racing, its been happening since the turn of the 20th century and will always happen. Personally, I don't go to meets to race. I keep my ass in the parking lot. I think it's the riskiest time to race.

But I'm not going to get on my soapbox about street racing. It's going to happen and always will. It can be done in a safer manner in a deserted area out in the middle of nowhere, very late with a clear line of site and no traffic at all.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:32 PM   #115
fordplay

I don't make it to too many meets, and when I do I have my 10 year old with me, but we are going to try to make it to more. At the heart of it we are car people, a car is more to us than basic transportation, because of that we get attached to our beliefs, opinions, and preferences. And when we express them we like to feel the other people heard them, on line you can't see that. I have never known 2 adult car guys to not get along, even if one rolls up in an srt8 and one a cts-v.. oh we will troll the shit out of each other but still laugh it off at the end.

Steve, ever the adult and voice of reason. .. Don't believe me? All Old Response People Drive Caddies!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 03:35 PM   #116
re-rx7
Banned

Everyone defending gm on here but drive mustangs lolololo
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:56 PM   #117
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
I have a mustang and a chevy truck so I can do both. I'm not buying a new mustang in a couple years, I'm getting a vette. After riding in Steve's V, I would rather have that, then the new mustang. You can sit on you soap box screaming about how great ford is but I have had many vehicles built by both. I can tell you all my chevy vehicles have been just as good as my fords. Only difference my chevy's always got better gas mileage.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:03 PM   #118
re-rx7
Banned

Ive rode in V's. Just not for me. I like the G8 better.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:43 PM   #119
Crimson600+HP

Same here, I have the Mustang and a Toyota Tundra tows it. Honestly, if Toyota threw that 5.7 V8 in a RWD sports car that was halfway decent, I would be driving that.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 03-31-2014, 04:48 PM   #120
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I don't make it to too many meets, and when I do I have my 10 year old with me, but we are going to try to make it to more. At the heart of it we are car people, a car is more to us than basic transportation, because of that we get attached to our beliefs, opinions, and preferences. And when we express them we like to feel the other people heard them, on line you can't see that. I have never known 2 adult car guys to not get along, even if one rolls up in an srt8 and one a cts-v.. oh we will troll the shit out of each other but still laugh it off at the end.

Steve, ever the adult and voice of reason. .. Don't believe me? All Old Response People Drive Caddies!!!
Amen, bro. I agree completely. The car hobby is at the core of what this country is about, freedom and self expression. When the guys came from WWII, they needed a way to still get their thrills and relieve their stress (now known as PTSD). Industry was booming, the mechanics went to work at factories and started tinkering with cars.

While we all have our favorites or preferences, (some blindly so) the hobby as a whole binds us together. We all love cars and everything about them. I'm all for it bringing people together, but to tear people apart soley based on brand is nonsense.

And I'm okay with getting old. The V was the perfect way to start my mid-life crisis! lol

I own both, therefor I'm qualified to comment on the situation.

I love my 5.0, but unfortunately it's not a good fit for me at my current stage of my life with kids. I enjoy cruising with my family and the 5.0 doesn't work for that.

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I have a mustang and a chevy truck so I can do both. I'm not buying a new mustang in a couple years, I'm getting a vette. After riding in Steve's V, I would rather have that, then the new mustang. You can sit on you soap box screaming about how great ford is but I have had many vehicles built by both. I can tell you all my chevy vehicles have been just as good as my fords. Only difference my chevy's always got better gas mileage.
Amen!

Ive rode in V's. Just not for me. I like the G8 better.
I'm don't get how, but it's each to their own.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote