Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:04 AM   #16
wbt

My car has never been on a dyno. With the 2011+ cars there is no need for a dyno tune. Once a tuner is satisfied with their Ti-VCT settings, the rest can be done remotely. Having widebands on these cars makes all the difference.

Also, you aren't going to set shift points for an auto on the dyno. There is no better tuning than on the street/track for these cars.

Yes an email tune can be more effective with good data logging and a tuner that knows what they are doing.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #17
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
My car has never been on a dyno. With the 2011+ cars there is no need for a dyno tune. Once a tuner is satisfied with their Ti-VCT settings, the rest can be done remotely. Having widebands on these cars makes all the difference.

Also, you aren't going to set shift points for an auto on the dyno. There is no better tuning than on the street/track for these cars.

Yes an email tune can be more effective with good data logging and a tuner that knows what they are doing.

Yeah but we're not all professionals around here
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #18
JDBishopArts

Originally Posted by wbt View Post

x2.

Mine was only on the dyno once just for fun to see what it made. Some shops,not all shops, that dyno tune only tune for WOT which sometimes causes severe driveability issues. We street tuned mine and I'm very happy with it. Drives like stock.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #19
Mrjeremyt

I've had my bama tune for over 6 months and no problems. I agree with WBT, the cars practically think for themselves, just changing the variables in the pcm is all that's needed unless you're doing forced induction or nitrous.

94 F150 302
New project, thinking built, procharger, powerglide, tubbed, super sleeper
Mrjeremyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #20
G-Mann

There seem to be only a couple few email tuners that really work with you to get you dialed in and Bama is not one of them was my experience. They are a cookie cutter tuner, but they do make a nice tune for the not so heavily modded. I do agree that if you work with one of these few that do work with you to get you dialed in, it is just as effective as a dyno tune.

When Travis dyno tuned my ride, he spent a good amount of time on the road making tweaks in between it being on the dyno. It did not see track time but it did get dyno and street time for its final calibration. The nice thing about the dyno is you can wind it out in 5th gear, try finding a spot to do that when your data logging on the street, I know, I've tried and always had to shut her down before I get there. That is a lose your license on the spot data log.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #21
Oxford14Stang

No need for a dyno tune really. Not for the cost. Talk to Kevin Dunn(04sleeper) on the forum. He had a twin turbo 5.0 that he tuned himself, ask anyone who has had him tune their cars. No issues and runs great!

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote