Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Ride of the Month

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #16
DirtyD

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I think the ride of the month thing is losing traction. Fun idea but I don't think it's going to last.
We still need to build a bigger base of active members that join the forum. That or we start hosting it via the Facebook group, which would mean that Steve would never win.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #17
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
We still need to build a bigger base of active members that join the forum. That or we start hosting it via the Facebook group, which would mean that Steve would never win.
I'm okay with not winning ROTM. The only reason I would want to is to get the photoshoot with Dale and I can't get him to finish the one I paid for let alone winning one! LMAO!

That FB group would really need to start behaving better in order to attract new members. It's really raunchy and I'm sure turns off some people from joining here.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #18
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I'm okay with not winning ROTM. The only reason I would want to is to get the photoshoot with Dale and I can't get him to finish the one I paid for let alone winning one! LMAO!

That FB group would really need to start behaving better in order to attract new members. It's really raunchy and I'm sure turns off some people from joining here.
The purpose of the FB is more or less to just BS and screw around like with what we don't want to show off on a public forum. But being that more people are Facebookers nowadays than into participating in online forums, you are right that it could be cleaned up a little.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #19
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Fuck that Facebook group.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #20
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Steve View Post

soon my friend. soon.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #21
DirtyD

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Fuck that Facebook group.
Jeff, you should just come back. It's all in good nature, but I will agree some of it does get out of hand. Most of it is started by some dude that drives a Faux Boss majority of the time, though. And that gets old.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #22
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Nah I'm good
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #23
rriddle3

Facespace...Mybook...What is this thing you speak of?
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #24
03MachMe

the facebook thing was fun for a while, but I cant be associated with half of the things yall talk about in there so no way I can join again

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #25
DirtyD

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
the facebook thing was fun for a while, but I cant be associated with half of the things yall talk about in there so no way I can join again
I didn't even think about some of that.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #26
merlinmol

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
I just ignore that BS on there, but I am with you on some of the crap that is discussed/said.
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #27
BlueBolt

Originally Posted by merlinmol View Post
I just ignore that BS on there, but I am with you on some of the crap that is discussed/said.
Same here
BlueBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #28
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Yeah I don't miss the Facebook group at all.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:59 AM   #29
downtime!

Ya'll have to remember that Ryan has to at least maintain the appearance of a bit more respectability than most of us, simply because of his line of work.

Me, I usually just shrug it off, and wonder about some of ya'll! LOL!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #30
03MachMe

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
Ya'll have to remember that Ryan has to at least maintain the appearance of a bit more respectability than most of us, simply because of his line of work.

Me, I usually just shrug it off, and wonder about some of ya'll! LOL!
Yep if something was to happen and someone gets hurt while you were street racing and it came out that I knew about it and didn't do anything about it I could get in trouble.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote