Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Other Makes and Models

Other Makes and Models Section for people who don't have 5.0s but still have badass cars. DFW 5.0s Welcomes everyone

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:40 PM   #31
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Somebody called the troll patrol.
Yep. I dont do anything about it unless someone complains. Rx7 has been on a tear again the last couple of days. Needs to chill or its break time again. Haha.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #32
DirtyD

I just told him to go troll Steve. Lol
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #33
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Yep. I dont do anything about it unless someone complains. Rx7 has been on a tear again the last couple of days. Needs to chill or its break time again. Haha.
Big fucking babies. I swear you would think everyone on here is a badass but they get butthurt by any little thing. I also dont see how anything I typed was trollish in nature.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:25 PM   #34
DirtyD

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Big fucking babies. I swear you would think everyone on here is a badass but they get butthurt by any little thing. I also dont see how anything I typed was trollish in nature.

I didn't do anything about it. I was just going to say you spelled "you" wrong. Ha
Old 05-12-2014, 11:37 PM   #35
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I didn't do anything about it. I was just going to say you spelled "you" wrong. Ha
He has this fettish with me or sumthin.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:33 AM   #36
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
There are so many hidden variables with fuelly from what I can see. For starters, there is no distinguishment between the EB and the 3.7L N/A v6 on the filters. Next, there is no distinguishment between 4wd, 2wd, what kind of work the truck is being used for, driving style, or if the truck is lifted on 37's. Unless the user happens to have a crappy pic of their truck. All I can tell you is that I can hop in my dad's truck, get on the interstate and have absolutely no problem getting 20+ mpg all day long.
The pool of data doesn't distinguish all that true. But it is safe to say that ford didn't sell too many 3.7l v6 F150s in 2013, an overwhelming majority will be the EB judging on the profile photos. To have a loaded test where only 2wd or 4wd is what I don't want. I want to see the average from all over America because that is how getting averages work. Don't want data from trucks in a vacuum.

I think forums are the worst place to get the truth, particularly with domestic brand forums. Most people are brand loyal (which I am not) & won't admit when they have a vehicle that gets beat by someone else. All I know is I won't buy an EB based on what I believe are poor results in terms of fuel economy. Towing performance, yes I think it produces the best numbers. However, I still have my doubts on longevity of those engines vs a tradition NA V8.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:43 AM   #37
Crimson600+HP

http://www.fuelly.com/car/dodge/ram%...14/diesel%20v6

This truck has only been out since February. But it has some fuel logs in fuelly. Across the board, numbers are in the 20s. Just an unbiased reporting website.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7

Last edited by Crimson600+HP; 05-13-2014 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Posted link as image
Old 05-13-2014, 04:03 AM   #38
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
The pool of data doesn't distinguish all that true. But it is safe to say that ford didn't sell too many 3.7l v6 F150s in 2013, an overwhelming majority will be the EB judging on the profile photos. To have a loaded test where only 2wd or 4wd is what I don't want. I want to see the average from all over America because that is how getting averages work. Don't want data from trucks in a vacuum.

I think forums are the worst place to get the truth, particularly with domestic brand forums. Most people are brand loyal (which I am not) & won't admit when they have a vehicle that gets beat by someone else. All I know is I won't buy an EB based on what I believe are poor results in terms of fuel economy. Towing performance, yes I think it produces the best numbers. However, I still have my doubts on longevity of those engines vs a tradition NA V8.
Why do you question longevity?
Old 05-13-2014, 07:38 AM   #39
JDMLOL

Default Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

I am not brand loyal as I have owned several GM trucks. If the truck got horrible mileage I would be the first one to tell you it wasn't worth it. I understand the data analysis part. However, I think fuelly hides some variables worth knowing. I do agree on longevity. My dad has a friend with an 11' EB with ~50k on the clock and it idles like shit and occasionally loses power. I witnessed the rough idle on a cold start and once it was warm, it continued. He's taken it in to the dealer and to no surprise they didn't find anything wrong. What's funny is the problem worsened when he had a ranch hand so he took it off. Almost makes me think the problem is with the intercooler. So there are some bugs that still need to be worked out for sure. Then again, I would question the longevity on anything Dodge. My dad's EB runs great though.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS

Last edited by JDMLOL; 05-13-2014 at 07:54 AM.
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #40
DirtyD

Consumers just haven't had the trucks long enough to say they are reliable in higher mileage applications. Same with the 6.7 PSD, 5.0, etc. All of these motors are still new by todays standards, so only time will tell how they live up to high mileage.

Yeah, Ford did a torture test themselves, but nobody else has done so, so 1 data point can't be taken as the truth.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:43 AM   #41
rlhay2

You guys are talking Diesal prices now not in the future. The past has shown us that they do go up considerably.
A statement is made that diesel prices are likely to increase in the future but gas prices won't do the same? What logical basis is this assumption drawn from?

I also dont see how anything I typed was trollish in nature.
From what I have seen in this thread, others share factual data and you respond with hyperbole, conjecture and speculation.

I see trolling.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:46 AM   #42
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by rlhay2 View Post

From what I have seen in this thread, others share factual data and you respond with hyperbole, conjecture and speculation.

I see trolling.
He's constantly side tracking threads with his nonsense. This is a great conversation aside from his nonsense. Allow me a moment to resolve this issue then you gentleman can proceed with your adult conversation.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:35 AM   #43
DirtyD

I see that somebody got a vacation
Old 05-13-2014, 10:56 AM   #44
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I see that somebody got a vacation
Small one for a cool off period.

Now back to your conversation, fellas.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:14 AM   #45
Crimson600+HP

Why do you question longevity?
Longevity is only questioned because of fairly new tech. A twin turbo designed for heavier duty use instead of speed is new tech. The reliabilty of an engine constantly being fed boost seems like greater chances for things to fail vs. a traditional V8 which loafs along.

This is just my speculation though. I have no data to back it up, just me being skeptical. Diesels have proven that a turbo'd engine can last, but the characteristics between the two engines are quite different. I think the EB can be reliable as a heavier duty engine, but I wouldn't want to put my money there until these things have more data points (only in terms of longevity, I don't think the fuel economy will ever be there).
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7

Last edited by Crimson600+HP; 05-13-2014 at 11:26 AM.