Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:49 AM   #1
Sieran

Default Video of me sucking at the drag strip last night

Sieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Hang in there man. Keep practicing and you will get the hang of it! It was good meeting you last night.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
Nay

To be honest most of the cars out last night were not getting the times they were hoping for, pro or street. I left around around 11 so maybe the track got better. I noticed that the tires were not hooking up to well on the start. Good video though and I didn't here you miss any gears.
Nay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
saunupe1911

I was nervous as hell too. I know I had a ton of fun though.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
Sieran

Haha yeah i had a blast even though the video does not show that... had a hard time sleeping because i was still pumped up.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
Doug1227

I think that's me flying past you at the 1:35 mark! Lol!
Old 08-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
Luke

Originally Posted by Nay View Post
To be honest most of the cars out last night were not getting the times they were hoping for, pro or street. I left around around 11 so maybe the track got better. I noticed that the tires were not hooking up to well on the start. Good video though and I didn't here you miss any gears.
The air got better along with not having to wait forever in the staging lanes. I was running 12.4x's all night until about 11:30 and I started getting quicker. 12.36, 12.30, and 12.29 hot lapping.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
Nay

so it did get better as the night went on. nice
Nay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Did you have your a/c on, it looks like it with the cross moving like that while you are still. If so turn that shit off, you are going to put yourself or someone behind you into a wall. You drip water all over the track doing that.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #10
Sieran

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Did you have your a/c on, it looks like it with the cross moving like that while you are still. If so turn that shit off, you are going to put yourself or someone behind you into a wall. You drip water all over the track doing that.
Way to make assumptions.

It was just the fan running to keep my hands dry. You really think i would be trying to run my AC while trying to run on a drag strip? My AC had been off since pulling into park.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #11
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Sieran View Post
Way to make assumptions.

It was just the fan running to keep my hands dry. You really think i would be trying to run my AC while trying to run on a drag strip? My AC had been off since pulling into park.
I used to run a dragster every weekend for a.most 10 years. You would be shocked tO what I have seen people do at the track. That would be the most common thing I would see people do.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #12
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I used to run a dragster every weekend for a.most 10 years. You would be shocked tO what I have seen people do at the track. That would be the most common thing I would see people do.
Most common rookie mistake I see - drive through the water box and then doing a burnout IN the water box on regular radials. Throw water all over the underside of the car and in the fenderwells, pull up to the light to wait on the bulbs meanwhile the water is dripping back down on the tires. They launch then proceeding to spin like crazy and tracking water from the front tires.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #13
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Most common rookie mistake I see - drive through the water box and then doing a burnout IN the water box on regular radials. Throw water all over the underside of the car and in the fenderwells, pull up to the light to wait on the bulbs meanwhile the water is dripping back down on the tires. They launch then proceeding to spin like crazy and tracking water from the front tires.
I watched a truck that went mudding the day before drop clumps of dirt down the entire track. Traction sucked all night long. They couldn't get that track clean enough after that.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #14
Sieran

It's all good... It was my first time out there any i was trying hard not to make mistakes. Took it a little defensively at first... you can even see me at the start of the 2nd or 3rd run turn on my vents and scramble for the AC button because auto mode turned it on.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #15
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Sieran View Post
It's all good... It was my first time out there any i was trying hard not to make mistakes. Took it a little defensively at first... you can even see me at the start of the 2nd or 3rd run turn on my vents and scramble for the AC button because auto mode turned it on.
I know your new to racing that's why I said " if you had it on turn that shit off ". I never run anything in the car while, I'm running. I role the window up right before the pass. I like to make sure I have all available power for the motor. Hell I even turn off the radio, that's just me being OCD on the radio part. It was nice meeting you, I was the guy in the fox convertible.