Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #16
BlueBolt

Nobody likes the superleggera? I'd have a hard time not picking the Lambo. But the 458 is bad ass too.
BlueBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #17
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Lambos are pretty common and honestly don't come anywhere near the build of a Ferrari like a 458. That's not to say a Lambo isn't cool, but we've had as many as 5 or 6 Lambos at the Friday night meet. You can go down to Tx2k and see a small fleet of them. It's rare you see a Ferrari 458.

Nothing sounds like a Ferrari either.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #18
STROKD
Old School

12 or older Mac, choose 458. Clarkson said the 13+ Mac is fucken superior in every way to the 458, so if the MP4 is BRAND new, I'd choose that no questions asked.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #19
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Clarkson's opinions are bought and paid for so you have to take them with a grain of salt.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #20
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Clarkson's opinions are bought and paid for so you have to take them with a grain of salt.
Yea but he fucken loves Ferraris, so if he says the Mac is better, it probably is. I mean they built it to rival Ferrari since that is THE sports can to aspire to own. I personally like them both, but the new MP4 is supposed to be blindingly quick and flat in turns.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #21
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I would do the 458, but that's just because I have always wanted to drive a Ferrari
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #22
JDBishopArts

Originally Posted by BlueBolt View Post
Nobody likes the superleggera? I'd have a hard time not picking the Lambo. But the 458 is bad ass too.
It's an awesome car for sure. I've driven the 570-4 Superleggera and the handling under power is almost unbelievable. There is still nothing like a Ferrari. I've heard so many over the top insane things about the MP4 it would be very hard to turn down the opportunity to figure it out myself. If the Aventador was an option, the others wouldn't even be an option to me.

The Audi wasn't that spectacular to me. I've driven the V8 and V10 versions. The V8 was a total waste of money IMO. It was still very cool but felt way underpowered for the price. The V10 makes up for that but it was still lackluster. The Porsche is a machine. I've got to drive a 911 Turbo and GT3. I'd pick the Turbo hands down. It is an absolute beast. It's just almost too easy to drive. It truly is the car you could drive everyday like it's nothing and then tear people up on track day.

The Ferrari is well...a Ferrari. I've driven a 360 and 430. Both were a total out of body experience for me. The noise, feel, ...well everything is overwhelming. There is something about the pedigree of Ferrari that is unexplainable till you drive one. It would be very hard to say no to the 458.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #23
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
It's an awesome car for sure. I've driven the 570-4 Superleggera and the handling under power is almost unbelievable. There is still nothing like a Ferrari. I've heard so many over the top insane things about the MP4 it would be very hard to turn down the opportunity to figure it out myself. If the Aventador was an option, the others wouldn't even be an option to me.

The Audi wasn't that spectacular to me. I've driven the V8 and V10 versions. The V8 was a total waste of money IMO. It was still very cool but felt way underpowered for the price. The V10 makes up for that but it was still lackluster. The Porsche is a machine. I've got to drive a 911 Turbo and GT3. I'd pick the Turbo hands down. It is an absolute beast. It's just almost too easy to drive. It truly is the car you could drive everyday like it's nothing and then tear people up on track day.

The Ferrari is well...a Ferrari. I've driven a 360 and 430. Both were a total out of body experience for me. The noise, feel, ...well everything is overwhelming. There is something about the pedigree of Ferrari that is unexplainable till you drive one. It would be very hard to say no to the 458.
Spot on. Couldn't agree more especially on your Porsche and Ferrari comments.

I think Porsche's are the most UNDER appreciated sports cars out there and I can somewhat understand why considering they have slowly evolved with the way they look compared to other cars they do complete overhauls all the time. But that is not Porsche's way. They continually keep improving on what they have been doing all along and it works. A 911 turbo or GT3 is a refined race car for the street with street car manners. Insanely well balanced and a absolute dream to drive. But for some people, they don't give enough of that visceral angry supercar feel with a Porsche.

Ferrari just has the formula down. It doesn't get any better than that.

But like Josh said, it's just something you cannot understand until you have a Porsche/Ferrari expierence firsthand.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #24
46Tbird

You're not going to get a "real" experience driving any of them, so the answer is obvious. You drive the one you tell your grandkids about: the Ferrari.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #25
Grandpa
I> /\/\

It's my understanding from the behind the scenes directors cut that John Hughes said that only the scenes on the interior shots were a real 250 GT. The other shots were by the three replicas they had made. In fact, the motor noise recorded wasn't even a Ferrari motor, but in fact a smallblock Ford V8.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #26
OG Fox
Supporting Member

the only person's opinion I trust on cars...

Chris Harris.

OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #27
Nay

Just saw they sold that 1960 Ferrari from Ferris Bueller for $235,000
Nay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #28
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Nay View Post
Just saw they sold that 1960 Ferrari from Ferris Bueller for $235,000
It was a replica and not a very good one but it was a movie car which usually aren't the nicest cars because they get abused so badly.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #29
Ear rak

mp4 or superleggera
2009 Mustang GT 5spd - JLT cai, pypes l/t, o/r x-pipe, SW Retro 3" a/b, FRPP shifter, FRPP k springs, FRPP sway bars, FRPP struts/dampners, FRPP strut tower brace, 4.10 gears, and fancy FRPP valve covers
Ear rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:17 AM   #30
Slow Five-O

That superleggara is pretty sweet. McLaren awesome too. But I would find myself in the 458 for sure