Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:39 PM   #1
txfiremn

Bert- I totally understand patience! I was trying to teach a kid the machanics of throwing, I'm sure I had to say Look at me a dozen times! I've also have had the kids that just are little brats too. We had a kid last year that just flat didn't want to be there. His mom made him play to get him out of his room.

We made it pretty clear to the parents that we want the kids to have fun but we would not tolerate constant acting up. We told the parents that the kids will be made to run if they continue to act up. That's a pretty standard discipline in sports. The parents seemed to be fine with it.
txfiremn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #2
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by txfiremn View Post
Bert- I totally understand patience! I was trying to teach a kid the machanics of throwing, I'm sure I had to say Look at me a dozen times! I've also have had the kids that just are little brats too. We had a kid last year that just flat didn't want to be there. His mom made him play to get him out of his room.

We made it pretty clear to the parents that we want the kids to have fun but we would not tolerate constant acting up. We told the parents that the kids will be made to run if they continue to act up. That's a pretty standard discipline in sports. The parents seemed to be fine with it.
Having kids that don't want to be there is the worst. We had a couple in fall ball that could of given a shit less about baseball. At the beginning of the season we made sure they played equal amounts of time but by the end of the season we were like fuck it. Let the kids play that want to play, so they would sit out more than one inning in a row. The other part that kills me is when at the end of the season you tell a kid to go to right field and he doesn't know where it is and you have to take them out there. I get pissed because I have shown that kid in every practice and every game, but he doesn't care so I get to show him again. Parents if you kids don't want to play don't force them, it makes our jobs harder.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote