Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:21 AM   #16
garner

Originally Posted by five.slow View Post
where is there a register or create account link on their site?
Click my account in the top right corner, and click new user. Or when you click on the headers, there should be a thing under the price that says to order this you must be registered blah blah click here to register

Last edited by garner; 01-29-2014 at 03:25 AM.
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:11 AM   #17
five.slow

Default Opinions on MC racing longtubes and xpipe

I was on the mc racing site

Last edited by five.slow; 01-29-2014 at 05:02 AM.
five.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:51 AM   #18
toomnymods

if you buy these make sure you have them ceramic coated.. being as these are the worst type of stainless they will corrode very fast without any protection..

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:56 AM   #19
Crimson600+HP

Paying for the ceramic coating on a lesser quality stainless seems like I would just wait until I could afford a proven brand. However, they say they offer a lifetime warranty on the product so as long as the company stays in buisness it appears like it could be a good deal.

Pictures look promising though. Good find.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:42 AM   #20
Bacadiesel

Chris, I'm going to buy them . Can't beat 375 plus shipping. Even if I only get 25 hp I'll be happy
Bacadiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:12 PM   #21
Boss949

Great price, however if you are running custom tunes then it might be important to consult with your tuner about redoing the tune for the headers. TiVCT (changing the cam timing, etc.)

I'll quote Shaun from AED. (with permission)

I choose headers based on the following:
1. O2 placement
2. Power gains
3. TiVCT schedules I have in my data base. (Every time you change intake or exhaust runner length it becomes necessary to change the cam timing to extract every last bit of HP out of the combination).

He has schedules for Kooks. Not every tuner will have the schedules for all makes and or have the same as another tuner. But I think it's worth the effort to ask your tuner before you purchase.

I've decided recently to add LT and I'm going to wait longer and save up for a Kooks system.

ps. best price and customer service by far is Jason @ Hypermotive
2013 Boss 302 PW, Recaro, Torsen, AED tune, Airaid CAI, MGW, Hotchkis Springs/LCA, Whiteline Relo, CHE K Member w/Torque Limiters, Griggs Torque Arm Kit, T/A rear girdle, Kenny Brown Pan Hard Bar, Whiteline Tranny Bushing, JPC Linelock, JPC stainless clutch line, MT ET Street Radials (when needed), , 2013 GT500 Quad Axle Backs, Kooks LT 1 3/4, O/R X Pipe, Resonator Delete, JPC Line Lock,JPC Clutch Line.

Last edited by Boss949; 01-29-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Boss949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:33 PM   #22
Bacadiesel

I'll be getting custom tune by aed after headers
Old 01-29-2014, 11:34 PM   #23
five.slow

Originally Posted by Bacadiesel View Post
after my last car and with the above post. i will just get ahole of shaun for any part that requires a tune before i buy the part. the easier the car is the tune the more power i hopefully make.

once you get those and get tuned let us know what shaun thinks about them as far as tuning.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:29 AM   #24
Bacadiesel

Ok yea for sure. I'll most def get a dyno after tune and headers. I'll post results
Old 01-30-2014, 12:40 AM   #25
Boss949

Originally Posted by Bacadiesel View Post

You won't regret dealing with Shaun. He know's Mustangs. Awesome customer service.

Check out February issue of Fast Fords Muscle Mustangs; there is an article featuring him.
2013 Boss 302 PW, Recaro, Torsen, AED tune, Airaid CAI, MGW, Hotchkis Springs/LCA, Whiteline Relo, CHE K Member w/Torque Limiters, Griggs Torque Arm Kit, T/A rear girdle, Kenny Brown Pan Hard Bar, Whiteline Tranny Bushing, JPC Linelock, JPC stainless clutch line, MT ET Street Radials (when needed), , 2013 GT500 Quad Axle Backs, Kooks LT 1 3/4, O/R X Pipe, Resonator Delete, JPC Line Lock,JPC Clutch Line.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:46 AM   #26
five.slow

Originally Posted by Boss949 View Post
You won't regret dealing with Shaun. He know's Mustangs. Awesome customer service.

Check out February issue of Fast Fords Muscle Mustangs; there is an article featuring him.
which one was yours? i know allens auto was in there or was it mm&ff? they also got a article for ole boys 2v silver vert.

top notch customer service and they are all a trip to hang out with at the track. all the AED rip on shaun constantly its pretty funny.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:01 AM   #27
Boss949

Originally Posted by five.slow View Post
which one was yours? i know allens auto was in there or was it mm&ff? they also got a article for ole boys 2v silver vert.

top notch customer service and they are all a trip to hang out with at the track. all the AED rip on shaun constantly its pretty funny.
MM&FF's Feb '14 page 72 featured an article on tuning with Shaun. My car not in the article.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:51 AM   #28
toomnymods

Shaun definatly knows this mustang platform like the back of his hand.. when i first started datalogging, he emailed me you have a vacuum leak take off the faulty oil seperator. LOL i was like damn i didnt even mention i had a bob's autosports oil seperator and he could tell i had one. Kinda sucks not being able to use it though.. what is it about having one that makes it harder to tune anyways?

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:27 PM   #29
five.slow

Originally Posted by Boss949 View Post
MM&FF's Feb '14 page 72 featured an article on tuning with Shaun. My car not in the article.
oh im retard, night shift will do that to a guy.

Last edited by five.slow; 01-30-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:30 PM   #30
five.slow

Originally Posted by toomnymods View Post
Shaun definatly knows this mustang platform like the back of his hand.. when i first started datalogging, he emailed me you have a vacuum leak take off the faulty oil seperator. LOL i was like damn i didnt even mention i had a bob's autosports oil seperator and he could tell i had one. Kinda sucks not being able to use it though.. what is it about having one that makes it harder to tune anyways?
lol you already answered that, it was not sealed properly which causes a vacuum leak.