sob , lost 89k in the stocks
Which stock?
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #302
musclestang89

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim View Post
Which stock?
bittersweet.

I dump all my money into the stock so when I die all the time they take very little. so I usually put it into sonething that doesnt move really. maybe get lucky and make a few $ every now and then. but this stock tanked.

everytime I click on it ,it says market is down for maintaince. maybe it will come back. I hope so.
musclestang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #303
Grandpa
I> /\/\

They said it was going to be easier to make money online, or at least larger amounts of it. I must be doing something wrong cuz I'm broke as a joke and the only way ive made any money is robbing stores then I spend the next 20 minutes trying to lose the cops who are a complete pain in the ass in this game!!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #304
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
They said it was going to be easier to make money online, or at least larger amounts of it. I must be doing something wrong cuz I'm broke as a joke and the only way ive made any money is robbing stores then I spend the next 20 minutes trying to lose the cops who are a complete pain in the ass in this game!!
Online i'm assuming?
Old 10-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #305
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Online i'm assuming?
Yes.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #306
Courtesy Flush

Rock star servers are down for online but me and a few buddies were able to get into the same game ironically. If you haven't done online....keep trying its fun as shit. As Steve said Losing cops online is a PITA. Also if you enter a car as a passenger and others riding with have stars you obtain the same wanted level.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:48 AM   #307
DirtyD

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Haven't played in a couple of days, but I'm at a point in the game where both characters (Michael and Franklin) only shows that Lester and the Freaks and Weirdos are my only options for missions. No one else. Do I need to complete some of those missions to open up more? I've already killled the phone company CEO for Lester, but haven't done anything else as I read those need to be saved for last. Just been robbing stores and causing a ruckus.
Any help?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #308
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Any help?
No you dont have to do those missions. When I got to a point in the game where I didn't understand where the storyline continued, I noticed that in the cab it showed Michael's Lester mission labeled as being something other than "assassination". This took me to the part where you tailgate a janitor or something for the "big heist". Maybe this will help.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #309
DirtyD

No you dont have to do those missions. When I got to a point in the game where I didn't understand where the storyline continued, I noticed that in the cab it showed Michael's Lester mission labeled as being something other than "assassination". This took me to the part where you tailgate a janitor or something for the "big heist". Maybe this will help.
Thanks, Tim. I'll try it out eventually.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #310
brtnstrns

I finally beat the main storyline last night. Final mission takes a LONG time so don't do what I did and start it at 10:00 PM with the plan to go to bed by 10:30. What a freaking awesome game. Now I just gotta find some time to do some online play and customize every car possible!

03 DSG Mach 1

Stroked/Forged, Heads, Cams, Long Runner Intake, Built Cobra IRS, Cobra Fuel System
brtnstrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #311
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

What "lifestyle" choices did you make when creating? I did 3/4 Legal stuff and dumped what was left in illegal. It put me in dress slacks with button down shirt and tie......but with the sleeves rolled up lol.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #312
brtnstrns

What "lifestyle" choices did you make when creating? I did 3/4 Legal stuff and dumped what was left in illegal. It put me in dress slacks with button down shirt and tie......but with the sleeves rolled up lol.
Guess you're talking about the online. I haven't even booted up online yet. I was determined to finish the storyline before checking out online. Didn't want to get side tracked!

03 DSG Mach 1

Stroked/Forged, Heads, Cams, Long Runner Intake, Built Cobra IRS, Cobra Fuel System
brtnstrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #313
Courtesy Flush

hahah business for the businessman.

Id have to check my lifestyle choices, but i found no matter the family tree changes i made my character was always black. I did alter my wardrobe though and currently wonder the city with cornrows, headphones, no shirt with a camo vest and short shorts.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #314
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
hahah business for the businessman.

Id have to check my lifestyle choices, but i found no matter the family tree changes i made my character was always black. I did alter my wardrobe though and currently wonder the city with cornrows, headphones, no shirt with a camo vest and short shorts.
Lol yea the ancestry is awful! The lifestyle choices basically governs your starting stats (stamina, strength, driving etc.)
Old 10-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #315
STROKD
Old School

Lol yea the ancestry is awful! The lifestyle choices basically governs your starting stats (stamina, strength, driving etc.)
I'm goin 100 percent illegal then, Trevor is a beast on the game.