Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:07 AM   #1
toomnymods

Default New apperance & power mods

I have been slacking lately and didn't take any pics of my latest "Appearance" mods So I'll include them here along with the others. These mods where done about 2 weeks ago.

1) Brembo calipers and rotors
2) CDC GT fog delete high flow upper grille
3) Roush lower grille delete high flow
4) CS foglights
5) Roush sidesplitters

Brembo Calipers and Brembo rotors

Installing the CDC Grille

Installing the Roush Lower splitter & Roush lower grille delete
What a major pain in the a$$ this was., For as much as I paid for these items this should be a direct bolt on application, not spend 5-6 hrs trimming and drilling, and fabricating this damn crud to work..

Front Shot

Roush sidesplitters

This friday I finally received the "Last Piece" of the BMR puzzle, so I decided it was time to install my plethora of parts that had been stacking up for the past 3 weeks or so..

Here's a ton of pics showing what was done and I thank god I had my friend frank rodriguez (Bacadiesel) to help me do this as this wasn't a job for a rookie on jackstands IMO.. having a lift made this much easier to do, and no way would've I attempted to do this without one.

Parts to be installed where:
1) ARH longtube header /w O/R X pipe ( they should just call this the "Demon coming outta hell pipe")
2) BMR K member
3) BMR tubular A-Arms
4) BMR A-Arms support brace
5) BMR radiator support chassis brace

Enjoy the pics..

ARH longtubes with ceramic coating

BMR goodies

Time to install the BMR and ARH goodies!!

Stock Collectors outta the way..

It's amazing some people can achieve over 440 rwhp on these ugly ass manifolds,lol

Swapping over the oem steering rack to the new BMR K member

ARH longtubes installed

If this don't look like the beginning of a badass racecar I dunno what does

Ok my first thoughts of the ARH longtubes with the O/R x-pipe along with the Borla Stinger catback was WOW!! It toally sounds like a "Pissed off Demon" bashing down the gates of hell to come wreck havoc upon earth.. Roflmwao.. Extremely loud but still refined and has absolutely the best sound I've ever heard on a mustang before in person.

Video of the first time I started the vehicle after the header install.. Camera was kinda close to the videocamera so it kinda distorted the sound a little but you can get the point it's f-in' loud!!

2014 Mustang gt first startup vid after installing ARH longtube headers with O/R x pipe - YouTube

My thoughts on the suspension was it was definatly worth the coin spent!! It handles like a dream now, no more floating in the corners, you point it and it goes! It feels soo much more tighter and less bouncy, their is absolutely no harshness involved with doing the BMR K member along with the strange adjustable struts!! (set to the street setting)
Now the only drawback is their is a tiny bit of vibration in the floorboard and steering wheel, but I could honestly care less the benefits way outweigh the tiny bit of vibration. Besides this is going to be a racecar not a Cadillac.
Stay tuned for more Boost is coming..

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter

Last edited by toomnymods; 01-20-2014 at 05:24 AM.
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:20 AM   #2
donutninja

sounds and looks awesome! I didn't realize the Roush parts were such a pain. Also, I would imagine, the more you stiffen up parts here and there, the more vibration you are going to get. But hey, its all for the better anyway. haha

keep it up!
donutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:57 AM   #3
Dominic Toretto

Man, looks really good bro. Keep up the good work.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:35 AM   #4
maxpayne

Your forum name is very fitting! Looks great my man!

You should do a post that lists all if your mods.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:02 AM   #5
DirtyD

Awesome, Chris! It's going to be an insane car.

You think the vibration on the floor may be something (like the steering rack) that may need to be repositioned?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:17 AM   #6
re-rx7
Banned

Stock headers are pretty good but those do look delicious.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:22 AM   #7
Dominic Toretto

Yeah Frank sent me pic of the headers pre install. Glad they you guys got the install done. If I didn't have a full Saturday planned I would have joined you guys. I think BMR sponsors your car lol.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #8
Crimson600+HP

Wow, that is one extensive install. Looks good and love the front end suspension changes!
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #9
El_Tortuga

Damn Chris, you must be pulling down the OT coin. Cha-ching!

Those headers look sexy as hell.

What is the story with the tubular arms and K-member, is the geometry different or is it a weight reduction thing?

I see you get poly bushings out of the deal, I assume no issues with the EPAS (i.e. no mid speed shudder)?
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:33 PM   #10
DirtyD

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post

What is the story with the tubular arms and K-member, is the geometry different or is it a weight reduction thing?

I see you get poly bushings out of the deal, I assume no issues with the EPAS (i.e. no mid speed shudder)?
Weight savings and the tubular member should be more rigid than the stamped steel version the factory uses.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:39 AM   #11
Bacadiesel

Your car is my fav
Bacadiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:57 AM   #12
toomnymods

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Yeah Frank sent me pic of the headers pre install. Glad they you guys got the install done. If I didn't have a full Saturday planned I would have joined you guys. I think BMR sponsors your car lol.

-Alex
i wish they did,lol

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
Old 01-21-2014, 08:59 AM   #13
toomnymods

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post

no i love the way it handles.. no shudder here, it is a lot more rigid like a racecar should be.. i could care less about the vibration and have already adjusted to it, it goes away during normal driving and is only present just off of idle up to 2500 rpms then subsides..