Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #16
Junkie

lol @ blind brand loyalty. Especially when it isn't consistent, its only shit you own.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:11 PM   #17
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I don't have any brand loyality at all. I just like cool cars. I don't see any point of brand loyality, it's not like they have any to you!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:11 PM   #18
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
lol @ blind brand loyalty. Especially when it isn't consistent, its only shit you own.
Not really. I love audi and lexus's(that how you say it?) I just dont buy into the GM hype. I look at sell s and reliabilty reports on each vehicle. The mustang has long had documented problems with the AC in the newer models. The 2011-12's mostly. Me saying that would be like me saying that about you as you preach the LS motor as king. GM builds great niche vehicles but as a whole they are sub par.

Last edited by re-rx7; 03-20-2014 at 06:13 PM.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:13 PM   #19
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I don't have any brand loyality at all. I just like cool cars. I don't see any point of brand loyality, it's not like they have any to you!
Agreed. I have reason for not liking GM. I just never liked the quality or there cars in general. Weird I know but Ive owned imports most of my life. The lexus were my favorite Oh and the Rx7
Old 03-20-2014, 06:14 PM   #20
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Agreed. I have reason for not liking GM. I just never liked the quality or there cars in general. Weird I know but Ive owned imports most of my life. The lexus were my favorite Oh and the Rx7
To each to their own. /shrug
Old 03-20-2014, 06:18 PM   #21
Junkie

LMFAO at several things

- me saying the LS motor is king. Which I did not. I simply pointed out all the constant shit you talk. With no experience, especially while backing the modular Ford motor. Which is a documented pile of fuck
- you actually believing that your mustang or any mustang, has a "better" build quality then GM stuff.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #22
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Thanks Steve. Im beyond pissed right now. Car has 49k. Ive had tranny failure (NOise) and now AC failure. I dont think its gonna cost me anything but Im at my wits end.
Now I know why you like warranty so much! Just because... my rattle box pile of shits' have over 49k and the transmissions and stock ac's both worked... The 99 I replaced the compressor finally at 110k... the 2000 works perfect with 58k... let alone going on the third one.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:24 PM   #23
Junkie

My Dodge truck (known pile of shit quality), has 160k miles. AC blows cold as fuck
Old 03-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #24
re-rx7
Banned

To each to their own. /shrug
Exactly. 'I' dont like them.
LMFAO at several things

- me saying the LS motor is king. Which I did not. I simply pointed out all the constant shit you talk. With no experience, especially while backing the modular Ford motor. Which is a documented pile of fuck
- you actually believing that your mustang or any mustang, has a "better" build quality then GM stuff.
I stated that GM builds great niche cars. This includes Vette, CTSV, Z28 ect. When it comes to mass produced shit I.E shit that pays the bills they are sub par.

Mod motors pile of fuck you say. Ok lets roll through the numbers.

Gt500 trinity vs ZR1 Vette

SC 5.8 vs SC 6.2

5.8= 662 hp 630lb ft

6.2=638hp 604lb ft

5.0 vs 6.2

5.0 = 420 hp

6.2= 426 hp

I see that Ford makes the same power out of a smaller displacement engine. Which tells me also that this may be a better design. NOw if your talking about making 800+ then I dont know as ive never owned a car that made such. Now I can also put off specs on diesals and trucks ect and show the difference in sales and volume.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:30 PM   #25
Junkie

lol at quoting some dumb shit motor trend style article or numbers.

That alone proves my point that you have very little to no experience in anything related to performance.

Go to a car meet, local race track, local course, etc…

You'll see Mustangs getting the fuck beat out of them by tons of different makes. Vettes, Evo's, Vipers, Camaros, etc…

When is the last time a 5.0 from Coit and 190 actually beat anything worth mentioning?

ohhhhh but the mod ford is the greatest thing ever. Yet yours spends more time in for warrantee work then any car I can even think of owning in the past.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:30 PM   #26
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Well, this escalated quickly. lol
Old 03-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #27
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Now I know why you like warranty so much! Just because... my rattle box pile of shits' have over 49k and the transmissions and stock ac's both worked... The 99 I replaced the compressor finally at 110k... the 2000 works perfect with 58k... let alone going on the third one.
Its still up for debate on whether its the comprrssor. It very well could be or it could be something else. Its sucks for sure but better now then 100+ days.
My Dodge truck (known pile of shit quality), has 160k miles. AC blows cold as fuck
Gd deal. I seem to remember a time when you couldnt keep a 5spd in the dodge. Dodge builds a great motor. Its the shit around it that sucks. Lmk when dodge sells half of what Ford does or GM for that matter lol. So much quality so little sells. Which is weird being that you can get a Dodge cheaper then a GM or Chevy.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #28
STROKD
Old School

That alone proves my point that you have very little to no experience in anything related to performance.

You'll see Mustangs getting the fuck beat out of them by tons of different makes. Vettes, Evo's, Vipers, Camaros, etc…

When is the last time a 5.0 from Coit and 190 actually beat anything worth mentioning?

ohhhhh but the mod ford is the greatest thing ever. Yet yours spends more time in for warrantee work then any car I can even think of owning in the past.
Mother fucken BOOM. All very accurate, well recapped.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #29
Junkie

You must be confused…again lmfao

My dodge has the factory trans, never rebuilt. Often hooked to a 20,000lb rig without issue.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:36 PM   #30
re-rx7
Banned

IDK i hardly go to Coit all i know is what is posted on the forums. ALot of people really cant afford the 800+ power racing that goes on down there. I cant for sure but I go watch and its awesome. NOw to say all mustangs get beat every where is just a outright untruth. I see GM's get smashed as well. Car is only as fast as it s driver all other things being equal.

Well I could pay 80k for a used ZR1 and make 600 or I can buy a shelby and 600 for 20 less. That simple. That how I see it.

Well, this escalated quickly. lol