Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:44 PM   #31
DirtyD

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Any idea if the tremor will carry over into the next gen f150?

Doubtful. I think the tremor was ford using parts they already have to make a truck to test the sport truck market and bringing back the lightning. Still a possibility we may get another lightning, but not of ford prices it like they did the tremor.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #32
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Doubtful. I think the tremor was ford using parts they already have to make a truck to test the sport truck market and bringing back the lightning. Still a possibility we may get another lightning, but not of ford prices it like they did the tremor.

I'm surprised it took ford 3 years to decide to make an FX2 single cab. I mean they drop the EB in the four door and extended cab, how damn hard was it to drop one in a single cab as it went down the assembly line?

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #33
Stone

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Any idea if the tremor will carry over into the next gen f150?
This is a definite no. Ford Reps have told me they won't be producing anything other than the 2014s, which is one of the major reasons I decided to pull the trigger. Lightnings in good condition can sell for close to 20k still, and they had a 5? year run. A one year run on these? Yes please.
[email protected]
817-481-3531

F-150 Tremor
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:42 AM   #34
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by Stone View Post
This is a definite no. Ford Reps have told me they won't be producing anything other than the 2014s, which is one of the major reasons I decided to pull the trigger. Lightnings in good condition can sell for close to 20k still, and they had a 5? year run. A one year run on these? Yes please.

Damn.

Had the tremor been available a year earlier or if I wouldn't have been in the position for a newer vehicle until now, I would have gotten one.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:28 PM   #35
garner

Tremor is gonna be like the ram R/T. They don't hold value that much cause they're mass produced regular ford

Lightning is more equivalent to the srt10, both made by the specialty section of the company
Old 04-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #36
Stone

Originally Posted by garner View Post
Tremor is gonna be like the ram R/T. They don't hold value that much cause they're mass produced regular ford

Lightning is more equivalent to the srt10, both made by the specialty section of the company
Mass produced? That's incorrect. Just like Raptors and Shelbys, dealers get an allocation of Tremors from Ford. Grapevine Ford is tied for the highest volume Ford dealer in DFW(One of the largest markets for Ford), and we received a total of 12. No more. Smaller stores are receiving one 2 wheel drive, and one 4 wheel drive. You cannot order them from the factory. I don't remember the exact number, buts its less than 2000 were made.
[email protected]
817-481-3531

F-150 Tremor
Old 04-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #37
garner

Ohhh. Well that explains why I've only seen a few. All the promotions made it seem like it was gonna be mass produced like a standard fx2/4 extended/screw
Old 04-05-2014, 07:00 PM   #38
Stone

I haven't even seen one on the road other than mine. I've seen a few sold, but not out and about.
[email protected]
817-481-3531

F-150 Tremor
Old 04-05-2014, 11:49 PM   #39
zsommer79

I wouldn't compare a Lightning to a Tremor, how much suspension work and testing did SVT put into the the development of the Tremor.
zsommer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #40
DirtyD

The Tremor will not hold value like a Lightning. Because it's just a normal F150 with some stripes. There is nothing special about the Tremor. Whereas the Lightning had a motor not available in any other Ford vehicle at the time, it had a suspension tuned for it's purpose. There aren't a mass number of Tremors produced because of the fact they priced the truck at a stupid MSRP, and not body really wants one. That's why dealers can t sell them, in my opinion.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:32 AM   #41
fordplay

The tremor does have tuned suspension by Ford. Specific Tokico shocks, 4.10 gears, tweaks here and there, no it won't hold value like a lighting, because the lightning has SVT on it and the lightning was around long enough to make a street rep. But it should be fun and with exhaust and tune fast enough
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:14 PM   #42
Stone

So after a little "testing" on my vacation....

Raptor 0 - Tremor 1
Hemi Express 0 - Tremor 2
Velociraptor 800 1 - Tremor 0

Fuck that velociraptor.
[email protected]
817-481-3531

F-150 Tremor
Old 04-15-2014, 11:38 PM   #43
zsommer79

So after a little "testing" on my vacation....

Raptor 0 - Tremor 1
Hemi Express 0 - Tremor 2
Velociraptor 800 1 - Tremor 0

Fuck that velociraptor.
Where the hell did you run across a velociraptor 800, I thought Hennessey only built a few of those. You sure it wasn't a 600?
zsommer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #44
Stone

Originally Posted by zsommer79 View Post
Where the hell did you run across a velociraptor 800, I thought Hennessey only built a few of those. You sure it wasn't a 600?
Outside Austin by Lake Travis. Positive it was an 800. There's three or four 600s that come into my store.
[email protected]
817-481-3531

F-150 Tremor