Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Member's Rides

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:28 PM   #31
Crimson600+HP

Car parts starting to come in for the splitter install along with my faux gas cap badges after having to get redone. Hopefully all the parts in tomorrow and install this weekend if this wedding I'm in gets in the way lol.

For those not in the centex area, we had a hailstorm last Friday and my garage door was broken. Ended up with a little damage on the roof and rear decklid, couldn't really see on the hood but I'd imagine there is some there too. Hopefully insurance comes through and cuts me a nice check. I don't care about the dents, they aren't that noticeable. Maybe a Tiger Racing carbon fiber hood in the future.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:11 PM   #32
Crimson600+HP

Started today (despite the shitty weather) on my splitter-for-cheap install. Loved the LS one, but can't seem spending all that money for a few pounds of downforce. Anyways, here is my part list.

Splitter:
Stillen Splitter KB417214

Turnbuckles:
Longarcre Spoiler Brace x2 LON23708 (replacing the Stillen ones as these are beefier)
Longacre Backing Disk x2 LON23702

To Connect Turnbuckles to Car:
4" Mending Braces from Lowes x2
#8 Metal Screws x4

Additional Materials:
1"x1/4" washers for the screws holding the splitter to the car (parts bag doesn't come with any)

Progress Made on 06 April:

Today I had to figure out how to mount these turnbuckles on. The stock ones work well according to the Stillen reps, but I did not feel like drilling into my bumper in order to brace the splitter. I ended up drilling into my tow point brace versus into the bumper support like one member on SVTP did (who I stole most of this build from). Now that I got those in, fitted to the splitter after I mocked it up.

Later this week, I plan on actually securing the splitter to the car. Just need some help from my roommate as it takes a little finagling with some 3M tape. Here is some pics of the progress so far. To me, this was the hardest part as you have to find a place on the car that would be strong enough to hold the force created by the downforce.

ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 04-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #33
Crimson600+HP

Part two:

So the instructions are really vague. There are supposed to be holes that line up, but they really take some muscle to get them in. Simple as cleaning the stock lip, sticking on the new one, then screwing in the three points on each side along with installing the turnbuckles that I put in yesterday.

Additionally, I used some of the leftover screws to drill into the old lip virtually fusing the two together with 5 more screws. Either way, this thing is pretty solid and would have no problem holding up to speed.

Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 04-07-2014, 08:57 PM   #34
BV600

Love it, now I'm considering one...

I see why someone wasn't at work today lol.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #35
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by BV600 View Post
Love it, now I'm considering one...

I see why someone wasn't at work today lol.
Ha, it only took a couple hours to put on. Spread the build over a couple days...proving I was at work today. Can't help it I was in school.

Only thing I advise is finding a place to mount the turnbuckles. I had to drill into the tow point bracket that I have in the car, just because it was the only place it fit on my car. The stock ones aren't too bad actually & are definitely usable. Just need to be painted black so it matches a little better.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 04-09-2014, 09:53 PM   #36
Crimson600+HP

New photos.

Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 04-09-2014, 10:22 PM   #37
garner

That color of wheels with red looks really good
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:38 PM   #38
DirtyD

Muy bueno
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #39
Crimson600+HP

Well, everything seems to be ready to go. Today the car was solid driving it around to work and town. I don't think controlling the temperature of everything (brakes, coolant, engine, tires, etc) will pose no problems. As temps are heating up, everything seems to be getting better, outside of engine temps running a couple high.

Today, I focused on getting all the support stuff ready. Extra fluids loaded, extra brake pads, tools, trailer prepped, truck prepped, etc. Race season is surely a busy one.

Ended up making new ramps to help out the trailer and ride height of my car. The 5 foot ramps off the trailer with the dovetail doesn't seem to be enough to prevent my splitter from scrapping. Ended up using one 2x12x10 boards, cut at lengths of 4', 3', 2', & 1' in which the trailer ramps will sit on top of. Also will allow me to drive my car on ramps at the track instead of always using my jack.

Almost forgot how my truck looks when it is clean. Added a little ProCharger bling to the trailer also. If I'd only bought the 5.7L Tundra I would also have an Eaton SC from the factory on that thing too!

Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 04-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #40
Crimson600+HP

Outside of the overheating issue, car ran great once I was able to control the temperatures by watching throttle and improved airflow. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend.

Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 04-15-2014, 11:59 PM   #41
Pewter Lurch

All I think about when I see this picture!

2011 Mustang GT Premium
The Go Fast:
Magnaflow 3" OA | Pypes X-Pipe | Steeda CAI | VMP Tune | BBK Cat Deletes | SVT GT500 quad mufflers |

The Ride & Look Good:
Ford K Springs | BMR Adj. LCAs | BMR Relo. Brackets | BMR Adj. PHB | GT500 Spoiler | Boss Rear | Retrofit Headlights | GT/CS facia | Boss splitter | Retro billet grille | Steeda X Brace | Enkie RPF1 18x8/18x9.5 | '14 tail lights | '14 GT500 quad bumber |

Collecting Dust:
|Go Fast Parts(SHHHH no one knows)|
Pewter Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:30 AM   #42
Crimson600+HP

This is the picture I think of actually when I saw that picture.

Actually though, the guy driving that car is a legitimate driver competing in NASA classes. Plus the car is a fully build race car with some type of motor swap. That session was during the Free-For-All hour at the end of the day which allowed every driving class to be on the track at the same time. Passing rules were "anywhere you can make it with a point by."

Anything in the twisties he had a huge advantage with driver skill, weight, brakes, and tires (he had slicks and I was on summer-only street tires). On the straights though I would of course dominate. Looking at lap times, he would still best me by a little this event. I imagine in time I would surpass him, but in the end that car/driver combo was good.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 04-16-2014, 01:57 PM   #43
Pewter Lurch

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post

This is the picture I think of actually when I saw that picture.

Actually though, the guy driving that car is a legitimate driver competing in NASA classes. Plus the car is a fully build race car with some type of motor swap. That session was during the Free-For-All hour at the end of the day which allowed every driving class to be on the track at the same time. Passing rules were "anywhere you can make it with a point by."

Anything in the twisties he had a huge advantage with driver skill, weight, brakes, and tires (he had slicks and I was on summer-only street tires). On the straights though I would of course dominate. Looking at lap times, he would still best me by a little this event. I imagine in time I would surpass him, but in the end that car/driver combo was good.
Nice. I do like your homemade ramps. Was looking into ramps but damn they are expensive.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
The Go Fast:
Magnaflow 3" OA | Pypes X-Pipe | Steeda CAI | VMP Tune | BBK Cat Deletes | SVT GT500 quad mufflers |

The Ride & Look Good:
Ford K Springs | BMR Adj. LCAs | BMR Relo. Brackets | BMR Adj. PHB | GT500 Spoiler | Boss Rear | Retrofit Headlights | GT/CS facia | Boss splitter | Retro billet grille | Steeda X Brace | Enkie RPF1 18x8/18x9.5 | '14 tail lights | '14 GT500 quad bumber |

Collecting Dust:
|Go Fast Parts(SHHHH no one knows)|
Pewter Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #44
Crimson600+HP

They work great and only cost me about $25 in wood and glue. Home Depot did all the cutting for me. Serve a dual purpose as I can use them to get on and off the trailer and also to work on the car itself.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 04-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #45
El_Tortuga

I'd like to see the splitter struts a little more vertical to be more effective and lower stress, but it should work as long as the mounts are solid enough.

Nice pics. I love the gold rims. How much does the brake dust show? I went with silver track wheels and that was a mistake. They look like ass with brake dust, and the Hawk pads generate a bunch.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote