Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Interior/Exterior

Interior/Exterior Post new mods or questions about the inside or outside of your mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:10 PM   #31
rriddle3

Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
Not quite. We took a shelby snake and fitted it on and also moved it down to take up the whole side rocker. No other car has this decal. The closest I'm going to get to a CJ is the intake and cams I'm putting on in the future. Oh and there isn't "COBRA JET" on the sides...
OK, but it is still a CJ image. Here are some pics:
[URL="https://www.google.com/search?q=mustang+cobra+jet&client=tablet-android-lenovo&hl=en-US&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=G4owVOzvEJaqyASbgo KICw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=800"[/URL]
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #32
Reaper

Originally Posted by rriddle3 View Post
OK, but it is still a CJ image. Here are some pics:
[URL="https://www.google.com/search?q=mustang+cobra+jet&client=tablet-android-lenovo&hl=en-US&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=G4owVOzvEJaqyASbgo KICw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=800"[/URL]
I think he used the CJ surround not sure. But nothing else.
EDIT: Actually no he started from scratch. Also noticed the tips on the back don't match up to the original either, the belly curves at the bottom and the eyes are completely different from the cobra jet. I think if i was trying to make my car a cobra jet i would of changed my 5.0 badges, my decklid emblem, use the cobra jet logo, install the cobra jet quarter window panels, put an off center strip down the center of the car and not have done many of the exterior mods i've done. Thats only if i was… not really the case here though.

I love how it came out though. Very stealthy just how i imagined. Will post better pics sometime this month. Thanks for the compliments guys.
Recaros, JLT CAI, LP H-pipe, Corsa quad exhaust w/ GT500 valence, Lund tune, Eibach sportline springs, Koni yellows, BMR red panhard bar and LCAs, MGW shifter, RTR 19X9.5 wheels, Billet upper grill, Roush high flow lower grill, Cervini stalker spoiler, tint all around wrapped in matte black

Last edited by Reaper; 10-04-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #33
NAVAG

I like it.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:33 AM   #34
Monolith

I'm curious how it will hold up...I had a friend wrap his bike and he regretted it a few months later because a rock chip opened a spot on the wrap and then it just peeled back away from it in the wind...that was a few years back and wrap has come a long way since then...so hoping it holds up better...

Regardless...it does look awesome!

Last edited by Monolith; 10-06-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Monolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #35
Reaper

Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
I'm curious how it will hold up...I had a friend wrap his bike and he regretted it a few months later because a rock chip opened a spot on the wrap and then it just peeled back away from it in the wind...that was a few years back and wrap has come a long way since then...so hoping it holds up better...

Regardless...it does look awesome!
You and me both. Lol Felt like pretty durable stuff though. The rocks would have to go through it first to hit the paint. I know it comes with a warranty but can't remember how long at the moment. Otherwise you would have to pay to get that section re wrapped. Thinking about getting a bra for longer trips.

EDIT: Just ordered a Colgan bra for longer trips. Cant be too safe!
Recaros, JLT CAI, LP H-pipe, Corsa quad exhaust w/ GT500 valence, Lund tune, Eibach sportline springs, Koni yellows, BMR red panhard bar and LCAs, MGW shifter, RTR 19X9.5 wheels, Billet upper grill, Roush high flow lower grill, Cervini stalker spoiler, tint all around wrapped in matte black

Last edited by Reaper; 10-06-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:33 PM   #36
NAVAG

63K miles in 2 years. I have little rock chips all over my hood.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
Old 10-07-2014, 08:16 AM   #37
Reaper

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post
63K miles in 2 years. I have little rock chips all over my hood.
I ordered my colgan bra from autoanything.com and used this 16% coupon FRMTUNDRA16 if you're interested.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #38
NAVAG

Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
I ordered my colgan bra from autoanything.com and used this 16% coupon FRMTUNDRA16 if you're interested.
I'll check it out. They arent all that noticable except to me. To me they look hideous. What I should do is save a couple grand and buy a beater to do all my daily driving with. That will help with the rock chips and milage.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
Old 10-07-2014, 11:39 PM   #39
Reaper

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post
I'll check it out. They arent all that noticable except to me. To me they look hideous. What I should do is save a couple grand and buy a beater to do all my daily driving with. That will help with the rock chips and milage.
LOL! That's exactly what I'm trying to do... My biggest fear is hail damage...
Old 10-08-2014, 10:56 AM   #40
Clrd2lnd

I haven’t had a bra on a car since my 1986 firebird formula! I don’t think I have ever seen a coyote with one on.
Clrd2lnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #41
Reaper

Originally Posted by Clrd2lnd View Post
I haven’t had a bra on a car since my 1986 firebird formula! I don’t think I have ever seen a coyote with one on.
I'll post a pic for u when I get in in a few weeks. I'm only going to put it on if I hit the highway. Always big trucks flinging rocks. Otherwise it's staying off.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #42
NAVAG

Originally Posted by Clrd2lnd View Post
I had a bra on my 88 5.0 back in the 90's. I passed on buying a beater last year because I love driving this car so much. But I do drive 100 miles a day so the rock chips concern me as well as the value because at this rate I'll have 150K on it when I finally decide to buy a new one. All the mods I put on have added great gas mileage...except for the cat deletes - mainly because I get on it more now.

My Bro-in-law is sending me some samples of some of his vinyl and I'm leaning toward letting him wrap the hood and the roof just to help protect them a little. It's the premium textured carbon fiber stuff. All it will cost me is the materials and some coldies.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
Old 10-09-2014, 07:26 PM   #43
Monolith

They make clear invisible bra's now...come stock on higher end cars...
Monolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #44
Reaper

Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
They make clear invisible bra's now...come stock on higher end cars...
Yeah I've seen people get their whole car done in this.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:46 PM   #45
NAVAG

Invisible bra would have been a good idea when the car was new.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH