Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
saunupe1911

I just want this car to be fast (in straight line as well as the corners) and affordable. I can't believe how much yall seem to favor the SRA. This is my first and last SRA car. I'm used to the quirks at this point, but it's course has run out with me. Was the Terminator IRS that bad? Yall are bitter lol

Also, what if the price doesn't increase? It will still be the best bang-for-ya-buck performance car.

Last edited by saunupe1911; 11-14-2013 at 01:37 PM.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
I just want this car to be fast (in straight line as well as the corners) and affordable. I can't believe how much yall seem to favor the SRA. This is my first and last SRA car. I'm used to the quirks at this point, but it's course has run out with me.
I think the point you are missing here is that no one would mind an IRS if it was durable enough to handle the abuse and wasn't so expensive. The Mustang aftermarket is huge and all the issues with the SRA suspension have been ironed out. You can beat the ever loving snot out of a SRA and it will hold up to the abuse. If you ever had been in a Terminator with bad wheel hop from the crap IRS you'd understand why. They are junk!

The IRS in 03-04 was a miserable failure that twisted halfshafts with even stock power let alone the guys with real power. Foofinator kept extra Lvl 5 halfshafts on the shelf because they broke so often. Most Terminator guys who race a lot usually convert to a SRA axle. That should tell you something.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Also, what if the price doesn't increase? It will still be the best bang-for-ya-buck performance car.
The price will increase. It always does, you can count on that. You think they would develop a new platform with a new IRS and not raise the price? Not likely.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
03cobrarocks

Was the Terminator IRS that bad? Yall are bitter lol

I have had my terminator since 02 and I can tell ya the IRS was horrid! At least for wanting to race from a stop or slow roll. After i got a pulley i was like solid axle time! Was so nice doing burnouts and not having the rear end feel like a jack rabbit.

It use to be pretty expensive to get it setup nicely and keep the IRS, not sure if this is still the case. However not sure if you can fix the durability issue to much extent.

Tires fixed about 75% of it in my case but when I raced someone or was goofing around I didn't want to loose ground from wheel hop... Plus it just sounded dang goofy when you were getting wheel hop at wot lol.

Stroked/Built Motor, Cams and Heads, Posi Port, Full Exhaust, Jlt High Boost Intake, Return Fuel System, Upr K, Steeda Tri-ax, Built Solid with 3.73s, and bunch of other nonsense. 585/580
03cobrarocks is offline   Reply With Quote