Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #136
Dominic Toretto

Carnivore fo lyfe! On another note, I am not nearly as starving as I figured I would be. I've eating half of the normal amount I normally do by this time. Drink a lot more water to try to keep my stomach full. I was going to have a Little Debbie snack but those SOBs have 270 calories in one serving!

A quick look over of one of my daily protein shakes 500 calories. Damn.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:24 AM   #137
mavfan37

Just got some new pre-workout today. Axiom - it was beast.
mavfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:41 AM   #138
my95z28

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Carnivore fo lyfe! On another note, I am not nearly as starving as I figured I would be. I've eating half of the normal amount I normally do by this time. Drink a lot more water to try to keep my stomach full. I was going to have a Little Debbie snack but those SOBs have 270 calories in one serving!

A quick look over of one of my daily protein shakes 500 calories. Damn.

-Alex
Yea thats a lot of calories for a protein shake. For a low cal high protein shake I really like Muscle Tech Nitro Tech. 30g of protein and only 140 cals! Milk Chocolate tastes pretty decent as well.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mu...itro-tech.html
my95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #139
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by mavfan37 View Post
Just got some new pre-workout today. Axiom - it was beast.
I tried a pre-workout mix before and I took the recommended serving size, it had my skin tingling. I don't remember what brand it was though. How long did the energy last for you?

Originally Posted by my95z28 View Post
Yea thats a lot of calories for a protein shake. For a low cal high protein shake I really like Muscle Tech Nitro Tech. 30g of protein and only 140 cals! Milk Chocolate tastes pretty decent as well.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mu...itro-tech.html
I make mine with two scoops and two glasses of 2% milk, so yeah they get pretty up there in calories.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 02-11-2014, 10:59 AM   #140
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I tried a pre-workout mix before and I took the recommended serving size, it had my skin tingling. I don't remember what brand it was though. How long did the energy last for you?

I make mine with two scoops and two glasses of 2% milk, so yeah they get pretty up there in calories.

-Alex
Stop drinking pasturized store bought milk. Its horrible for you. Switch to almond milk. Its much better for you and less calories.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:08 AM   #141
zsommer79

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Stop drinking pasturized store bought milk. Its horrible for you. Switch to almond milk. Its much better for you and less calories.
Just curious, why is it bad?
zsommer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #142
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by zsommer79 View Post
Just curious, why is it bad?
The cows are kept pregnant as much as possible so they will produce milk. They stay in one place in a stall being milked for weeks at a time. They are pumped full of antibiotics to fight off the infections they get and full of extra hormones to produce more milk. The milk is partially infected and PUSS, yes PUSS can be found in ALL store bought milk along with the antibiotics/hormones the cows were given and now being passed to you.

I used to be a big milk drinker. Loved the stuff. It's one of the unfortunate casualties I've discovered in my quest for nutrition knowledge.

Milk it one of the most disgusting things you can buy and put into your body.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:51 PM   #143
zsommer79

So it's not that milk is bad for you it's that corporate america's milk is bad for you. I know the dairy industry has been pushing to put sweeteners into milk and not have to include them in the ingredients.
zsommer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:43 PM   #144
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by zsommer79 View Post
So it's not that milk is bad for you it's that corporate america's milk is bad for you. I know the dairy industry has been pushing to put sweeteners into milk and not have to include them in the ingredients.
Correct. There are farms you can still find unpasteurized raw milk that hasn't been treated with hormones/antibiotics. Most people won't do that though because it's not as convenient as running to the grocery store.

That's part of the problem with our society now. We don't work for our food anymore, it's all at our finger tips with convenience eating on nearly every corner. I, like most people, didn't have a CLUE what is in that stuff. Once industry took over our food sources we were doomed to become a fat and sick society.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #145
Dominic Toretto

As far as these ideas that "red meat are bad for you" and the like... they are simply inconclusive. I know a fair amount of gym rats that get their blood tested to compete and their blood comes back in good condition, they are perfectly healthy and they have their regular physicals. People are blowing crap WAY out of purportion.

People were fat long before processed foods were invented. It's not like people were healthier, hell people live longer lives now.

-Alex

Old 02-11-2014, 03:35 PM   #146
Grandpa
I> /\/\

LOL..ok.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:49 PM   #147
Dominic Toretto

My friend, who competes in physique competitions indulges in a burger here and there and his physicals and blood tests always comes back spotless. He says the same about his friends that also compete. So clearly the people that built their careers on healthcare know less than people that watch a few youtube videos and think the sky is falling.

I have a DVD at home that I got as a promo item from GNC a while back with a lot of the widely recognized body builders interviewing. When asked "what types of foods should you eat" all of them agree that meat, even red meat are good for nutrition. But again, what can they know, it's their profession to be healthy. The Internet is smarter lol.

-Alex

Old 02-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #148
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I didn't know peta joined the fucking boards. Stop it veggie boy
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #149
BERT
I love tube socks

Don't argue with Steve!! He's a vegetarian, they're all smarter than us lowly meat eaters
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:18 PM   #150
Grandpa
I> /\/\

My friend, who competes in physique competitions indulges in a burger here and there and his physicals and blood tests always comes back spotless. He says the same about his friends that also compete. So clearly the people that built their careers on healthcare know less than people that watch a few youtube videos and think the sky is falling.

I have a DVD at home that I got as a promo item from GNC a while back with a lot of the widely recognized body builders interviewing. When asked "what types of foods should you eat" all of them agree that meat, even red meat are good for nutrition. But again, what can they know, it's their profession to be healthy. The Internet is smarter lol.

-Alex
You're comparing a bodybuilder who highly more active than most people spending hours in a gym every week who by your own admission indulges on occasion to the general mass public. It's ridiculous. A bodybuilders diet is for people who body build tearing down a mass amount of muscle requiring more protein to rebuild the muscles. That type of diet does not apply to general public. If normal people ate the amount of heavy acidic protein that bodybuilders do they would be very sick and lethargic much like how the general masses are generally overweight from poor eating habits in excess and low levels of activity.

People who regularly consume meat, especially red meats have considerable more amount of acid in their systems in order to break that meat down in their systems. Now does that mean you can't eat meat at all? Of course not, it's just a personal choice of mine. You can eat almost anything within moderation but that doesn't mean it's good for you. I like eating meat just as you do, but the proof is in my results with great weight reduction, lowering blood pressure and chloresterol levels.

Being that highly acid greatly from eating large amounts of meat throws off PH balance in the body because it's very taxing on the digestive system. My information comes straight from a nutritionist, my doctor, reading books and my own blood test results.

As I said in reference to GTOPhil in another thread, you have to take what information you get online with a grain of salt and do your own due diligence with research. After than all you can do is put it to work to achieve your own results to see what works for you.