Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-20-2016, 07:37 PM   #1
nosyaj

Default Failing Inspection (Emissions)

Hello all,

I own a 2014 Mustang GT with the Boss 302 H-pipe, Roush axle back exhaust, and a Steeda CAI with a Brenspeed tune and I took her three times now 2 months ago to get the state inspection done and it failed in two areas for the o2 sensors.

I've been reading around multiple forums and have been talking to the guys at Brenspeed and was told that my o2 sensors were actually not turned off but are on in my tune, so I decided to reinstall the stock box and run the stock tune. I have no check engine light.

I drove the car around for a while and went back to the inspection station to rerun their test and it failed again on both the o2 sensors.

I decided to go to the stealership and ask them what was up and the service guy I spoke to told me that it is known with aftermarket exhausts to throw the o2 sensors off because of air flow. His recommendation was to install the stock midpipe and exhaust and redo the inspection.....welp I don't have those pieces any longer.

I was wondering if any of you guys have encountered this situation?

After about a month of the stock airbox and tune with restrictor plates in for my mid pipe and over 15 ford drive cycles I decided to just put the intake, tune back on and take the restrictor plates out since it didn't make a difference at all. I have since ran the ford drive cycle a couple more times to no avail. I am pretty much at a point to where I want to get rid of the mustang -_-####

I don't know if this is a question allowed to be asked, but does anyone know any inspection stations that do emissions testing that would pass my vehicle?

Thanks for any input,
Jayson
nosyaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 11:15 AM   #2
wayne fontenot

Just have brenspeed turn of the rear O2 sensors in the tune.
wayne fontenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 02:20 AM   #3
nosyaj

Originally Posted by wayne fontenot View Post
Just have brenspeed turn of the rear O2 sensors in the tune.
Wouldn't that still read "not ready" and not allow me to pass inspection? I'd imagine if it were so it would have been something they would have suggested to me over the phone when asking about the o2 sensors.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2016, 07:07 AM   #4
wayne fontenot

You are allowed two not readies. That's how mine passes with the off-road h pipe
Old 09-07-2016, 03:14 PM   #5
nosyaj

You are allowed two not readies. That's how mine passes with the off-road h pipe
I went to a few different inspection stations to ask them and they all replied the same:

If your vehicle is newer than 1996 than you only get 1 not ready to pass emissions.
If you vehicle is older than 1996 than you can get 2 not ready's to pass emissions.

Where did you get yours done if you don't mind me asking? Maybe I can swing by that place and get it passed once and for all xD!

Jayson
Old 09-07-2016, 03:16 PM   #6
wayne fontenot

I go to a place in Denton. Where are you located? If you want you can text or call me. 940-206-8277
Old 09-08-2016, 04:57 PM   #7
nosyaj

I go to a place in Denton. Where are you located? If you want you can text or call me. 940-206-8277
I am taking the MCAT Saturday so I am still stuffing my face in a book. I'll text you Monday about specifics if that's okay! I appreciate it.

Jayson
Old 09-08-2016, 04:58 PM   #8
wayne fontenot

Originally Posted by nosyaj View Post
I am taking the MCAT Saturday so I am still stuffing my face in a book. I'll text you Monday about specifics if that's okay! I appreciate it.

Jayson

No problem man. Any time. I know education is more important. Good luck
Old 09-09-2016, 09:13 PM   #9
NAVAG

I live in the sticks. No one has ever bothered to check for cats
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 04:00 PM   #10
nosyaj

Yeah I still have my cats, non modified...but still for some reason obd test reveals 2 not ready's for both o2 sensor checks. Mad lame.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:33 PM   #11
Goose17

Having just gone through an issue with one of my cars, it is true that you can only have 1 "not ready."
Old 10-03-2016, 05:19 PM   #12
nosyaj

Update:

Still nothing, tried a defrost trick the guy at the shop told me to do to no avail. Both o2 sensors are still showing not ready. Any tips would be awesome!
Old 10-05-2016, 10:46 AM   #13
wayne fontenot

Man I'm starting to think it's an ecm problem. I've never heard of this much problems if you ever in Denton contact me. I have one more option we can try