Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
5Freddy0

Default need help downloading tunes to my sct

So ive been trying for a week to download that sct program to my computer that downloads emailed tunes to the sct tuner. Cant seem to get it working. Its the first time ive done this emailed tunes and all that. Bama already sent the emailed tunes to my email. What i wanted to ask is if someone had the program on their laptop and we could meet at like a starbucks and download the tunes there. Lol. I'll be paying you for your help. I live in mesquite but ill travel i need em bad so i can install my offroad x pipe and intake as well. Thanks.
5Freddy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #2
Hddcrasher

I could help out in a couple of hours. say 1:30 pm? I am over in the Love Field area.

Brembo Brake kit, CS lower valance with brake cooling kit, Bilstein dampers & springs with Vorshlag CCplates. Custom CS lower grill mesh.
Hddcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #3
5Freddy0

I wish i could at 130 but i dont get off til 5pm from work. I work close though by 75 and northwest highway. Thanks. Just let me know how much youll charge me to download the tunes. And if you can do it that late.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:03 PM   #4
Hddcrasher

Do you have the tuner with you?

Brembo Brake kit, CS lower valance with brake cooling kit, Bilstein dampers & springs with Vorshlag CCplates. Custom CS lower grill mesh.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:08 PM   #5
Hddcrasher

If you have tuner with you, we could met at my workplace mockingbird and 75, killer bandwidth, should not take long at all. Payment? Just some else a favor down the road.

Old 03-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #6
5Freddy0

Yes i do have my tuner with me. And thanks alot. Thats pretty close to where i work. We can meet there.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:23 PM   #7
Hddcrasher

Ok so South on 75/ Mockingbird Exit. Stay on access road through the light.
Past the new building being put up. You will see a glass 2 story. Sign at corner of property says Associa. Take right, then sharp right. Building entrance is there. Expect you about 5:30p.

Last edited by Hddcrasher; 03-10-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:05 AM   #8
jmac81

Originally Posted by 5Freddy0 View Post
So ive been trying for a week to download that sct program to my computer that downloads emailed tunes to the sct tuner. Cant seem to get it working. Its the first time ive done this emailed tunes and all that. Bama already sent the emailed tunes to my email. What i wanted to ask is if someone had the program on their laptop and we could meet at like a starbucks and download the tunes there. Lol. I'll be paying you for your help. I live in mesquite but ill travel i need em bad so i can install my offroad x pipe and intake as well. Thanks.
did you guys get it fixed? i had the same issue, but was dealing with windows 8.1 . The tech at SCT told me that the drivers for 8.1 are not yet publicly available, but if you call them, they will remote-in to your computer and install them for you. I did it last night. Took 3min and its all working now.
jmac81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:54 PM   #9
Hddcrasher

Originally Posted by jmac81 View Post
did you guys get it fixed? i had the same issue, but was dealing with windows 8.1 . The tech at SCT told me that the drivers for 8.1 are not yet publicly available, but if you call them, they will remote-in to your computer and install them for you. I did it last night. Took 3min and its all working now.
Yea I helped him load to the tuner. He has not fixed the personal PC issues yet to my knowledge. Advised him to make sure he can backup stock tune to "somewhere". Maybe he will chime in update status...

Thanks for pointing the 8.1 issue!