Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #151
DR281

The numbers you speak of came from running my 93 tune with E85 fuel. Those are flawed numbers. I made numerous pulls with that car making 36xrw. Which is not right. As I said I didn't even finish tuning because I wanted to figure out the real problem. That's when he said he was going to make it back to stock & sell it.
Btw my 2011 stock with a cold air & tune ran 7.7 with stock 3.15 gears. I'm sure 3.73 would have helped.
Why don't you check what a full bolt on auto with 3.73 should run. Either way. If he is happy, that's all that matters. Good luck to him. Just wanted to get the other side of the story out.
DR281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #152
62nalide

Originally Posted by DR281 View Post
The numbers you speak of came from running my 93 tune with E85 fuel. Those are flawed numbers. I made numerous pulls with that car making 36xrw. Which is not right. As I said I didn't even finish tuning because I wanted to figure out the real problem. That's when he said he was going to make it back to stock & sell it.
Btw my 2011 stock with a cold air & tune ran 7.7 with stock 3.15 gears. I'm sure 3.73 would have helped.
Why don't you check what a full bolt on auto with 3.73 should run. Either way. If he is happy, that's all that matters. Good luck to him. Just wanted to get the other side of the story out.
I am aware of what they run with great DA and track prep. As you saw he was on 20s with a shitty nt05 tire. Either way we tired our luck at hpp. You have tuned a few of my budy's boosted fox bodys and they had awesome results. Unfortunately we didn't and I know the customer service doesn't reflect on you but man your front desk guys should get retrained on that subject. 2 weeks turned into 2 months.

Last edited by 62nalide; 09-17-2014 at 07:48 PM.
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #153
DR281

He was well aware of the time frame when he dropped the car off. He knew he did not have a scheduled appointment and would get done when there was an opportunity. He was presented with both options. You can schedule it in and it will be done right away or you can leave it to get done when we have a chance. He was never promised 2 days, 2 weeks, or 2 months. The headers were installed & put on the dyno in a matter of 2 weeks either way. Then we found that the car gained 0 hp with the addition of long tubes & still seemed like something was wrong. So we then began discussing options from there.
DR281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:54 PM   #154
62nalide

He was well aware of the time frame when he dropped the car off. He knew he did not have a scheduled appointment and would get done when there was an opportunity. He was presented with both options. You can schedule it in and it will be done right away or you can leave it to get done when we have a chance. He was never promised 2 days, 2 weeks, or 2 months. The headers were installed & put on the dyno in a matter of 2 weeks either way. Then we found that the car gained 0 hp with the addition of long tubes & still seemed like something was wrong. So we then began discussing options from there.
Ask Jose what he said when everything was prepaid. Ask what he promised.
But what happened happened. We moved on with it. Thanks.
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #155
Doug1227

HPP removed my KB, pulled my motor, installed the Aluminator, KB and a return system, and tuned it in a week!
Old 09-17-2014, 08:00 PM   #156
Midnight11
El Presidente

Hpp installed my oil pump gears in one day

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #157
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
Hpp installed my oil pump gears in one day
Has this thread really gotten to the point where we are now comparing how long it took a shop to install something. This is fucking stupid. Alright shops from now on I want a stop watch at every lift so we can get exact times on how long you worked on cars and compare.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #158
ShortBus

I wouldn't let that hack job shop touch my 10 speed huffey. I don't have shops work on my car, my friends work on it and currently am using a Lund tune but going to be switching to HP tuners shortly and having another friend tune.
ShortBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:16 PM   #159
Stangmaster281

Either it's that time of the month for DFW5.0s or there is just alot of sexual tension in this thread. Could be both.....not sure yet...
Old 09-17-2014, 09:17 PM   #160
ShortBus

It's funny like I said you call all the "youngsters" nutswingers when are the one getting butt hurt when someone says that dislike TS.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:18 PM   #161
ShortBus

And I'll bet going to fuck up there white Boss at RR. Just putting that out there now.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #162
slim87gt

Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
No he's got Daniel from Triangle Speed Shop in Houston remote tuning.
This is some what true. I do some of my own tuning and I also use Daniel from triangle speed. Daniel is an awesome guy to work with and knows his stuff.
slim87gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:38 PM   #163
downtime!

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
Steve wants everything in his favor. I just asked you if you want to since you were doing all this talk
Didn't you get drug, twice, by a N/A catfish at the track rental? Are you sure you want to be calling anyone out?
Old 09-17-2014, 09:54 PM   #164
Midnight11
El Presidente

Donnie is the king of bitching and moaning

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:56 PM   #165
downtime!

Wow!
There is definately two sides to every story!
Downtime, you were never put off or made to leave or avoided. It was the opposite. I jumped in your car as soon as you would arrive to try to find your complaints. Numerous times you drove the car and said it was good then later had an issue. I went for a ride with you and you said it was good and couldn't make the car act up.
I don't claim to be perfect or the only one capable of tuning a car. However if something is not right I will put in as much time is necesary to make it right. So to say you were avoided is a flat out lie.
There are no injectors designed for returnless or return so that's another lie. There are tons of boost a pumps that are wired up to run all the time with no issue. That does not cause a problem.
You knowingly bought used parts so don't make it seem like we put used parts on your car when you thought they were new.
I am sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted but you drove and raced the car across the country without issues.
If the other shop made it so perfect for you, why did you make it back to stock?
Again I am sorry it didn't turn out the way you thought or you weren't happy. However we would have done whatever necesary to make it right. No corners cut!
The only used part I knowingly bought was the blower itself, it had been on the gold car for a couple of months, we both knew that. Everything else was supposed to be new, according to your words. The boost a pump didn't even have end caps on it, just wires sticking out that had been hack spliced into the fuel pump harness and not even soldered. Same goes for the wires up front on the MAF harness. Twisted and taped, no solder. Didn't use the template for the cold air kit, fit like shit, had to cut the inner fender liner to get everything to fit right. Wood screw holding the cold air pipe to the fender, that was tightened down so much it stripped the hole and just spun. Yeah, I made all that stuff up.

And yes, the car ran great at the track, but what I asked for was "drives like stock, just more of it", I believe I even went on at length about not wanting to mess with the way it delivered the power. Your words to me? No problem, we can do that.

As to not running me off, what choice did you leave me? Brad would "forget" to call me back every time I called. When I called back, and got through, it was always the "shop is busy" excuse. I tried to hit him up on FB when I had had enough and was ready to take everything off, and it took him 2 weeks to give me an answer after he said he'd get right back to me.

That's why the car ended up back with Travis. The look on his face when he saw the work was classic.

It was clear that y'all had had enough of me and my business, and had no intentions of ever making it right. If y'all had done things right, we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we?