Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Pics & Video

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2014, 11:44 PM   #17
Toby

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Exactly, and its exactly how its been for years. 1/8th mile guys talk shit about 1/4. 1/4 guys talk shit about mile/half mile/TI, etc... Roll racers talk shit about drag racing.

The only issue I have with any of this. Is the judgement with lack of experience. That drives me nuts in every area of motorsports. I hear from Road Racers CONSTANTLY that they don't drag race because its boring and easy, yet they have never driven anything faster then a 12 second car and have no real world experience.

Not thinking its cool, and it not being your fine is all well and good. The only thing im disagreeing with is how you guys seem to take that it takes less setup/skill/etc... to get these cars to hook. When in reality you have no experience with it. Experience > reading shit in motor trend and thinking you know whats up

Several have been 180+ at the track

This is the type of post that drives me nuts.

You are saying it takes less skill and effort. I'm asking you if you've done it personally? Otherwise how do you know how much skill/effort it takes to put down 1500whp without track prep at a 60mph start?

Once again. It not being your thing, fine. You thinking its lame, fine. You hating rich people, fine. You hating religion, fine. Dont give a crap about any of that.

But when I see people with no experience in a certain type of racing, talk about how easy that type of racing is. It drives me nuts, you literally have no clue what you are talking about. It really is that simple. More internet experts with no experience.
I could not agree with you more Will. Internet warriors that have 0 experience with any form of racing other then 12 second passes behind their bolt on cars (and I'm not trying to take a stab at anyone here just a generic statement) and they are experts of everything.

They googled it so it must be true!!

I have no experience driving one of these cars, but I have built many 1000+ rwhp cars, Ronnie's tt gt500 being one of them, and it takes a lot of suspension tweaking and power control to make these cars hook. Keep in mind a lot of these guys are leaving at 60 mph on around 700-800 hp and ramping the power in.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote