Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Suspension

Suspension Post up questions about your Mustang's suspension or ride quality

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
JARVIS

Default Whiteline rear sway bar kit

So I installed the kit and had some issues with the u clamps tightening all the way. I ended up having to replace them and installed new ones as they stripped due to movement. It seems to be holding up prior to shipping it but still worried it may strip again over time or cause damage to the axle. Is there another clamp I could use instead of c clamps to connect it better to the axle? Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10492022_10203002358401046_2112890478672664961_n.jpg (55.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 09-11-2014, 07:49 PM   #2
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by JARVIS View Post
So I installed the kit and had some issues with the u clamps tightening all the way. I ended up having to replace them and installed new ones as they stripped due to movement. It seems to be holding up prior to shipping it but still worried it may strip again over time or cause damage to the axle. Is there another clamp I could use instead of c clamps to connect it better to the axle? Thanks
All these clamps do is hold a the bar in place for a pivot point. No issues with mine other than an endlink that the locking nut backed off.

Loctite is your friend.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote