Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > DFW 5.0 Mustang Club > Introduction

Introduction Are you new? Post a little about yourself here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #31
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

That car isn't even broken in yet
Old 06-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #32
Boomer

Originally Posted by Dark Pony View Post
That car isn't even broken in yet
That's not what I'm concerned about, the issue is that it's adding more mileage then what is actually being driven, so I don't want it to read more then what it really has in the long run.

Second, is the inconvenience of having the speedo calibration removed "if" I ever have to have transmission work done in order for the warranty to be honored. I have no clue what brand of aftermarket gears are installed, or if the center gearing is used or new simply based off the previous owners post and his mods list. Because it says sorta built cobra rear center, thats what concerns me is all.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:42 AM   #33
Luke

I'd keep all records for sure, if you bought a car that the dealer said is under factory warranty you have no obligation to fix anything that is normally covered. They can send it to HPP or wherever or put it back to stock but that's not on you. Sounds like the tech who passed it through the used vehicle inspection didn't do his job. Not having high beams and them passing it off is an instant giveaway.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #34
thelandshark

Your right Luke boomer go back and raise hell cause.they should have checked everything on it don't pay for anything that's there job because they sold u a car with warranty and they can't warranty aftermarket make them put 3.55 gears in it that are under warranty u raise enough hell they will fix it
Old 06-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #35
strokn88lx

Hey i sent ya a pm with my number. Don't let the dealer fuck you. Call me asap. I can help ya out.
strokn88lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #36
Luke

Originally Posted by strokn88lx View Post
Hey i sent ya a pm with my number. Don't let the dealer fuck you. Call me asap. I can help ya out.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #37
Boomer

Originally Posted by strokn88lx View Post
Very appreciative of your help!!! Car is back at the dealership having a gear swap. This car is WAY to clean and nice to be giving it back for a simple speedo correction! You took extremely good care of this car and it still smells like a new car
Old 06-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #38
Oxford14Stang

Boomer, hope everything worked out for you. And Luke is right, used car tech didn't do his job. I'm a used car tech at my dealership. Interesting how the car passed state without high beams

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #39
Selcouth

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
Boomer, hope everything worked out for you. And Luke is right, used car tech didn't do his job. I'm a used car tech at my dealership. Interesting how the car passed state without high beams
Wouldn't be surprised if they just let that one slide so they could sell the car.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #40
Boomer

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
Originally Posted by Selcouth View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if they just let that one slide so they could sell the car.
Well that's what it comes down to, they just wanted to make the sale. I'm happy with the car itself because its an amazing car, but the dealership really sux!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 05:32 AM   #41
Luke

It wouldn't surprise me if the sales dept didn't even know of the problem. The tech passed it and nothing was said so everyone assumes it's all good. At my old dealership they'd make you do the work and not get paid for the labor since it was your own fuck up. Glad they took care of you though.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #42
Oxford14Stang

Yeah boomer, they assumed the car was in mint condition because of the low mileage. The tech was prob thinking, there couldn't be anything possibly wrong with the car. Glad they are taking care of it.

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #43
Boomer

A little update, I finally got the car back this afternoon. They did a gear swap and now the car stays under warranty. Just glad to get the car home!

On a side note, who on here drives a 2013 Grabber Blue GT with license plate KRZ 10? This person had a DFW50s sticker on their side window, I seen you today in Irving on Beltline :-)
Old 06-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #44
DirtyD

Default Dallas Newbie

I think that is Special K, or Kristen on Facebook
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #45
Boomer

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I think that is Special K, or Kristen on Facebook
Very cool!