Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:40 AM   #181
M3AN 1

Wouldn't it be best to drop weight first, then start lifting?

Atleast that's what I plan to do, I noticed when I lifted and tried to drop weight it didn't work to well for me.
M3AN 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:42 AM   #182
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by M3AN 1 View Post

Atleast that's what I plan to do, I noticed when I lifted and tried to drop weight it didn't work to well for me.
I've been on a gaining phase and due to the diet I was on, I gained more fat than I wanted. I also took in a ton of carbs at the same time and honestly my diet wasn't the cleanest as it could have been. This is just a test for me right now. I am trying to maintain muscle and see if I can shed a few pounds of stomach fat. It's only been 10 days now. I'll give it a few more weeks.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:06 AM   #183
M3AN 1

Good luck, if you don't have alot of weight to loose it makes sence to try and build and loose at the same time. I have nearly 100 lbs I want to loose so I just look at things a little different I guess.
M3AN 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:18 AM   #184
Dominic Toretto

Good luck, if you don't have alot of weight to loose it makes sence to try and build and loose at the same time. I have nearly 100 lbs I want to loose so I just look at things a little different I guess.
I hear ya. I am 6 even, 190lbs. I can stand to lose just a few for the tire I started accumulating around my stomach lol.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 02-12-2014, 10:48 AM   #185
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I'm 6' and 236lbs as of this morning. I am losing weight, down 5lbs now. I'm not taking in as much protein as I would if I was trying to get big, I'm about 75 to 100 g of protein away from that. In reality I need to lose another 46lbs but I have done it this way before. Its not fast but I gain strength and start feeling out my shirts better while doing it this way. I'm hoping I get down to around 220 by April.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #186
Grandpa
I> /\/\

What's crazy to me us if I eat crap foods or try to sneak in a soda my stomach gets upset now lol. My body don't like the fatty foods much anymore

My salads are normally around 300-350cal, tiny bit of cheese, ham and 1 egg.Then I'm hungry a hour or two after I eat.I try to stick with t
Chicken breast or thin cut porkchops. I can eat two chicken breast and be less calories then a crap salad.
It's because your body is now at a very high acidic level. Your system is so taxed that your body is trying to fight off just about anything your throw at it due to all the excess acid/weight. It's what your body does to protect its vital organs.

To lower your acidic level, stay away from any kind of processed food (pasta, breads, dairy) and red meat and reduce your portion size of your white meats. Your body is struggling to digest what you are giving it and creating more acid.

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
You do realize he said he is trying to BUILD muscle while losing fat right? You can't possibly increase muscle mass while maintaining the same amount of protein.

Fat and protein are not the same. Losing weight as fat doesn't help him build muscle. It will help him burn fat AND muscle even if he maintains 1 gram protein/pound of body weight.

-Alex
It's near impossible to build muscle while on a calorie deficit. Eating what he NEEDS will allow him to maintain what he has while cutting weight. Anything more than that will just be a waste and slow his weightloss progress.

In my opinion from my experience, you should do both. I'm in the same boat as you having a lot of weight to lose. As you lose weight, you want to maintain the amount of muscle you currently have. After all, the more muscle you have the more fat you can burn.

The way Dominic and Blownaltered are thinking isn't really wrong persay, it's just a leaner guy's way of thinking rather than a very heavy persons way of doing things. Us big guys can't approach things like the little guys do. If we did, it would take 5-6 years to get anywhere with weight loss. lol.

Exactly. When you're so overweight the focus should be on learning how to eat cleanly and getting more active. Eat clean, burn more calories than you take in. Pick shit up, and put it down. Keep it simple in the beginning. Otherwise you are setting yourself up to fail later.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:30 AM   #187
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I'm 6' and 236lbs as of this morning. I am losing weight, down 5lbs now. I'm not taking in as much protein as I would if I was trying to get big, I'm about 75 to 100 g of protein away from that. In reality I need to lose another 46lbs but I have done it this way before. Its not fast but I gain strength and start feeling out my shirts better while doing it this way. I'm hoping I get down to around 220 by April.
Good work man, keep at it.

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
The way Dominic and Blownaltered are thinking isn't really wrong persay, it's just a leaner guy's way of thinking rather than a very heavy persons way of doing things. Us big guys can't approach things like the little guys do. If we did, it would take 5-6 years to get anywhere with weight loss. lol.
Valid point. Can't argue that.

Steve I am curious as to what you may have also learned about poultry meats. I love cooking with chicken breasts and turkey. Baked or grilled.

-Alex

Old 02-12-2014, 11:37 AM   #188
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Good work man, keep at it.

Valid point. Can't argue that.

Steve I am curious as to what you may have also learned about poultry meats. I love cooking with chicken breasts and turkey. Baked or grilled.

-Alex
I love turkey now. I am cooking turkey loaf tomorrow night. Have that with some green beans or something and its a good meal. Low fat, good protein and tastes great.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:37 AM   #189
Futwa

Some really good information here. I did a 3 month transformation type workout where I focused on building muscle and shredding fat (think of an accelerated body builder type workout/diet) and I ended up right at 9% body fat. I'm 6ft and ended up weighing 186 when everything was said and done. It's tough to get started and even tougher to stick with it but having a support system, whether it be this forum, friends, or family really really helped push me through it.

Hey Steve I read your post on Cow milk and that is exactly why I don't think that stuff!
Futwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:53 AM   #190
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Futwa View Post
Some really good information here. I did a 3 month transformation type workout where I focused on building muscle and shredding fat (think of an accelerated body builder type workout/diet) and I ended up right at 9% body fat. I'm 6ft and ended up weighing 186 when everything was said and done. It's tough to get started and even tougher to stick with it but having a support system, whether it be this forum, friends, or family really really helped push me through it.

Hey Steve I read your post on Cow milk and that is exactly why I don't think that stuff!
Can you give some details on your diet while building muscle/shredding?

-Alex

Old 02-12-2014, 11:55 AM   #191
Dominic Toretto

Also Steve, how much is a gallon of almond milk?

-Alex

Old 02-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #192
Grandpa
I> /\/\

-Alex
What I have learned about the meat industry so far is quite a bit actually. The regular store bought meats (both red and poultry) that you buy from the mass producers isn't as healthy as we once thought.

Red meats - ALL ground meats are washed with ammonia. (Yes, AMMONIA. The same shit that is used in windshield wiper fluids and PineSol!!)

Small steak cutlets are put back together with meat glues. It's a toxic glue but is within federal regulations once it's cooked, but still..glue..in your food. Gross.

Both sides red meat and poultry are ALL fed corn based diets to make the animals extra fat therefor increasing the fat content of all meats.

Poultry - Chickens specifically are highly engineered to keep up with demands. They go from chicks to fully grown in about 7 weeks fed heavily based corn grain and injected with hormones to increase their breast sizes. They get so big, so fast that they are unable to walk due to their bone structures not being able to support the sped up growth.

All of this stuff is passed to you as you eat it.

Find yourself a Whole Foods or Sprouts etc to find organic farm raised meats. You want to eat animals that were fed properly themselves on foods they were meant to eat (grass, proper grains/seeds etc) and not corn fed.

Poultry isn't quite as dense as red meat therefor your body doesn't need to create as much acid to break it down. You want to eat a portion about the size of your palm. Anything more than that will go to fat storage created by high acid levels trying to break down the excess. Your body knows what it can handle and what it can't. Once it's reached it digestion limit, it starts storing it.

It's important to prepare and cook chicken properly too. Completely trim it of all skin and fats. Use as little oil as possible. Preferrably EVOO or coconut oil.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #193
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Futwa View Post
Yeah, I was really shocked when I found out about milk. It sucks too because I really loved drinking milk. I, like most everyone else, fell for the "milk does a body good" marketing campaigns. The food industry has some really disgusting secrets!

Also Steve, how much is a gallon of almond milk?

-Alex
It's about $3 bucks or so. I buy it in the half gallon size and it last me awhile. I use it to cook with or an occasional small glass to drink. I usually have it every morning cooked in my oatmeal with organic flaxseed. YUM!
Old 02-12-2014, 12:22 PM   #194
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Yeah, I was really shocked when I found out about milk. It sucks too because I really loved drinking milk. I, like most everyone else, fell for the "milk does a body good" marketing campaigns. The food industry has some really disgusting secrets!

It's about $3 bucks or so. I buy it in the half gallon size and it last me awhile. I use it to cook with or an occasional small glass to drink. I usually have it every morning cooked in my oatmeal with organic flaxseed. YUM!
Did you really just say yum to that. I would rather have scrambled egg whites with some Canadian bacon, that's yum.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #195
Dominic Toretto

That's about the same as a gallon of milk. I'll start looking for that, thanks man!

What's interesting is that I had some inclination that foods are drinks were starting to have hormones in them due to how the younger population is developing so early these days. I know it's off topic but, I remember when I was in high school, girls looked like girls, now you can find some 15 year olds that look over 20.

-Alex