Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #61
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
Creatine makes you retain intermuscular water.. most people gain 5-10lbs of water weight when they start taking it.
I have read that it is very important for training purposes to stay hydrated, so I am sure that is a basic benefit. I can say that I do feel stronger / able to move more weight with easier effort. More notably though is that I feel as though my stamina has definitely increased. Where as normally, my failure point is greatly exceeded.

BTW I don't take creatine daily. I take it immediately after a workout and the following morning.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #62
Dominic Toretto

White_lightning found this article by a quick google search.

http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/...t-what-it-does

It also agrees that the first few lbs are water but states that because of the amount you can increasingly do, you should also increase muscle obviously. I'll keep at it to see how further I may get with this. Still don't plan on taking it daily. Just in moderation.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 07-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #63
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I'm looking for advise on a 4 day split for lifting. I can't go heavy with my legs do to bad hips but still need to work out my lower body. Any advise is welcome, I need to lose some weight. If I need to build mass first I am willing to do that I just need help.

Thanks in advance
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #64
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I'm looking for advise on a 4 day split for lifting. I can't go heavy with my legs do to bad hips but still need to work out my lower body. Any advise is welcome, I need to lose some weight. If I need to build mass first I am willing to do that I just need help.

Thanks in advance
Building mass is moreso heavy lifting. So if you're wanting to lose weight you'll need to focus more on smaller weights with more reps. If you are mainly concerned with losing weight cardio would be the most effective way to go. Burning calories. If you are beginning working out, try with some running/jogging and incorporate some light lifting as well. Assess your tolerances and lift accordingly.

-Alex

Old 07-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #65
Blackout

In the month I've been back in the gym I've added 20lbs to my bench

No make that 1 in a half?? Oe when ever i 1st posted in this thread...nice steady progress..

'14 6mt 5.0 bone stock dyno 376/360 on 87oct
NEEDS MOAR POWA!!
Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #66
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
In the month I've been back in the gym I've added 20lbs to my bench

No make that 1 in a half?? Oe when ever i 1st posted in this thread...nice steady progress..
Building muscle is definitely a process. Good work

-Alex

Old 07-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #67
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Building mass is moreso heavy lifting. So if you're wanting to lose weight you'll need to focus more on smaller weights with more reps. If you are mainly concerned with losing weight cardio would be the most effective way to go. Burning calories. If you are beginning working out, try with some running/jogging and incorporate some light lifting as well. Assess your tolerances and lift accordingly.

-Alex
I guess you missed the part about bad hips. I really can't do heavy cardio, my hip hurts just sitting so jogging is out. I can walk a good while but won't sleep because that hurts. I was in great shape in high school and I lost 30lbs years ago so I know how to do it but now my body doesn't like me anymore so I have to learn new ways. That's the kind of advice I'm looking for.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #68
Dominic Toretto

I guess you missed the part about bad hips. I really can't do heavy cardio, my hip hurts just sitting so jogging is out. I can walk a good while but won't sleep because that hurts. I was in great shape in high school and I lost 30lbs years ago so I know how to do it but now my body doesn't like me anymore so I have to learn new ways. That's the kind of advice I'm looking for.
No, didn't miss it just wasn't sure exactly what bad hips meant. Sorry hear that though, wasn't sure exactly how it effected you. Man not sure what to advise on that as you probably use hips for damn near everything.

-Alex

Old 07-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #69
blownaltered
I have a small penis

No, didn't miss it just wasn't sure exactly what bad hips meant. Sorry hear that though, wasn't sure exactly how it effected you. Man not sure what to advise on that as you probably use hips for damn near everything.

-Alex
Yeah that's kind of my problem right now. One is feeling ok but the other is messed up again so I will probably need another hip surgery. Loosing weight would definitely help with how it feels but hard cardio is out so I was thinking if I pumped heavier weight with my upper body I could burn the calories that way. Hell I really don't know what do at this point but I need to do something. I'm damn near 240lbs so Ive got to start losing, I've gain 20 pounds since my hips started hurting last year.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #70
Dominic Toretto

Yeah that's kind of my problem right now. One is feeling ok but the other is messed up again so I will probably need another hip surgery. Loosing weight would definitely help with how it feels but hard cardio is out so I was thinking if I pumped heavier weight with my upper body I could burn the calories that way. Hell I really don't know what do at this point but I need to do something. I'm damn near 240lbs so Ive got to start losing, I've gain 20 pounds since my hips started hurting last year.
It's my believe that cardio is not limited strictly to things workouts that involve the legs. I would suggest maybe doing some very light lifting with arms for plenty of reps to build a good sweat. Maybe a dumb question but, has your doctor givin any advise?

-Alex

Old 07-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #71
blownaltered
I have a small penis

It's my believe that cardio is not limited strictly to things workouts that involve the legs. I would suggest maybe doing some very light lifting with arms for plenty of reps to build a good sweat. Maybe a dumb question but, has your doctor givin any advise?

-Alex
No I'm your normal male, I don't like going to the doctor. I waited last time to were I was popping vicodine like candy before I went to the doctor. Not smart but it's what I do. So no for my current issue no but I did have this issue before and there is nothing that could fix it but surgery. I tore the labrum off the bone in my hips last year and I believe I did it again on the right side. Feels about the same, there is no therapy that will fix it just more pins in my hip.

But to answer the physical therapy for my rehab I was aloud to do all normal leg workouts just very low weight. Supposed to ride a bike or walk but that is hurting me so that's why I made the post.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:48 AM   #72
JOHNGT

In the last seven months I've lost 40 pounds. Just eat better and I work out 5-6 times a week. I was taking a preworkout and glutaplex afterwords. I take the man stack now. So far I like it.
2010 gt. Performance mods: ford racing hot rod cams, American racing longtube headers, 3" high flow catted American racing x-pipe, 3"piping back to borla type-s mufflers, ford racing k springs, Shelby sway bars, adjustable panhard bar, brembo shocks/struts, sumitomo 285/35/18 rear tires. cosmetic:gt4 replicataggered set, smoked raxiom headlights(galos off), raxiom tail lights.
JOHNGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #73
Dominic Toretto

No I'm your normal male, I don't like going to the doctor. I waited last time to were I was popping vicodine like candy before I went to the doctor. Not smart but it's what I do. So no for my current issue no but I did have this issue before and there is nothing that could fix it but surgery. I tore the labrum off the bone in my hips last year and I believe I did it again on the right side. Feels about the same, there is no therapy that will fix it just more pins in my hip.

But to answer the physical therapy for my rehab I was aloud to do all normal leg workouts just very low weight. Supposed to ride a bike or walk but that is hurting me so that's why I made the post.
Same here. I only go to the doctor if I feel like I am dying or something is broken. Hopefully someone will have some better advise than myself. Best wishes.

-Alex

Old 07-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #74
Dominic Toretto

A co-worker handed me this print-out of a 30 day challenge he has for a few different bodyparts. I took the one for abs since I do not have the washboard. I don't plan on attempting this soon, maybe in the next few weeks. Anyways, here it is typed out.

Day - Situps - Crunches - Leg Raises - Planks
1 15 5 5 10
2 20 8 8 12
3 25 10 10 15
4 Rest
5 30 12 12 20
6 35 15 15 25
7 40 20 20 30
8 Rest
9 45 30 30 35
10 50 50 30 38
11 55 65 33 42
12 Rest
13 60 75 40 50
14 65 85 42 55
15 70 90 42 60
16 Rest
17 75 100 45 65
18 80 110 48 70
19 85 120 50 75
20 Rest
21 90 130 52 80
22 95 140 55 85
23 100 150 58 90
24 Rest
25 105 160 60 95
26 110 170 60 100
27 115 180 62 110
28 Rest
29 120 190 62 115
30 125 200 65 120

Old 08-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #75
Dominic Toretto

How often do you guys mix in forced negatives?

-Alex