Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
5HIFT3D

Cool Super Cars!

Since we all love to throw the beloved super cars of the world out there in our day to day discussions, I would just like to say I have no other wants in my automotive fantasy land but to own a 2006 Ford GT GTX1 TT. If only I could get behind the steering wheel of this midengine, 1000+hp, euro super car eating, monsterous beast then I could say life has truly been good to me. Your Hennessey supped vipers and vettes that some like to dream about would literally be eaten and shat out to end up being what they truly are. With that being said, why in the hell did FoMoCo quit making that car? Rich folks would buy!
5HIFT3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
Midnight11
El Presidente

gary will have one soon! lol

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
gary will have one soon! lol
Oh shit!
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
5HIFT3D

Yeah me too, I wish maybe I'll play the lottery tonight.
5HIFT3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
Dominic Toretto

Ford GTs are the sexiness. Last I checked prices they are still selling used, for what new car prices were. I think Ford wanted to retain the rarity of the car instead of flooding the market with them. Not counting car shows/meets, I have literally NEVER seen one on the road. Ever. I've seen plenty of Lambos, Ferraris, Bentley, Porsches and Maseratis. Lots of those around. I've seen maybe 2 Vipers. Only seen one ZR1 on the street.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #6
Sieran

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Ford GTs are the sexiness. Last I checked prices they are still selling used, for what new car prices were. I think Ford wanted to retain the rarity of the car instead of flooding the market with them. Not counting car shows/meets, I have literally NEVER seen one on the road. Ever. I've seen plenty of Lambos, Ferraris, Bentley, Porsches and Maseratis. Lots of those around. I've seen maybe 2 Vipers. Only seen one ZR1 on the street.

-Alex
There was one that showed up at a Boardwalk Audi dealer car show a couple years ago... i'll see if i can find the photos of it later. Several Porsche GTs there also.
Sieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #7
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Sieran View Post
There was one that showed up at a Boardwalk Audi dealer car show a couple years ago... i'll see if i can find the photos of it later. Several Porsche GTs there also.
Yeah but you'll never see a Ford GT randomly on the road. Not even when they were new did I ever see one. Only at car shows/meets or on the interwebs.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 09-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
03MachMe

I have seen a few of them on the road but yes they are more rare than most other cars in that range

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #9
Sieran

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
I have seen a few of them on the road but yes they are more rare than most other cars in that range
True... I have seen more Model T cars on the road than i have any super cars. Though I don't count the douche in the burnt orange Lambo that has been driving around out on Preston Rd. a few times.
Sieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #10
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post

-Alex
Back back in my hometown has a GT40...but it's a kit car.

I've seen a GT on the road once in Houston.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #11
Stangmaster281

I've seen one in arlington, and a few other times when they first came out. Lol I even saw a Murcielago in ceder hill one time. Don't see supercars too often tho, especially ford gt's.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #12
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Stangmaster281 View Post
Lol I even saw a Murcielago in ceder hill one time. Don't see supercars too often tho, especially ford gt's.
Was it a convertible? I saw one in Cedar Hill on Clark(?) or whatever that road is that turns into Spur 408.

-Alex

Old 09-11-2013, 02:02 AM   #13
downtime!

Regular GT's are pulling down over $200k these days, and I don't see them getting any cheaper any time soon.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #14
Oxford14Stang

I've see 3 GTs when I lived in Houston and saw one in plano once. Every time it was like I was staring at an angel from heaven... car is flat out sexy haha

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #15
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
Regular GT's are pulling down over $200k these days, and I don't see them getting any cheaper any time soon.
This. Just for fun I looked up prices on GT's and they were well over msrp on used ones. Saw one for close to 300k with next to no miles. I've seen two or three on the road.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote