Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
BV600

Default My Hood Vent Dilemma with The Powder House

So this all Started on September 2nd. Basically sent hood vents out to The Powder House (blkGT500nCA on SVTP)to get Hydro dipped. He is well known on SVTP and does awesome work, Check out his threads and pictures on the forum. So here we are Oct 17th and I'm still out hood vents. I'm going to attach Emails and PMs from SVTP. Kind of stumped on what to do next to get these vents back. I've called the shop multiple times with no answer.
Emails
9/02/13

Hi Bryan,
Thank you for your interest. To hydrodip the vents it would cost $100 with free return shipping. Let me know, happy Labor Day!
Sincerely,
Sara Pancoast
The Powder House
Atten: Brian Pancoast
(707) 834-5497
26011 Ave of the Giants #C2
Redcrest, CA
9/02/13
Awesome I will send them out in the next couple days.
Should I paypal the money?
9/03/13
Awesome, our shipping address for FedEx and UPS only is:
The Powder House
26011 Avenue of the Giants C2
Redcrest, CA 95569
United States Postal Service
Brian Pancoast
2005 Sprowl Creek Rd
Garberville, CA 95542
We bill you once the part is ready to ship and by paypal would be a fine way to pay. Please wait until we can send you an invoice. Also, please check back after you ship the parts to make sure they have arrived. Thank you so much Bryan, I will be looking for your vents!
Sara Pancoast
9/04/13
Brian
Just sent out the vent should be there tuesday thanks. 1Ze754690373311115 (UPS)
Bryan Vickers
9/05/13
I will keep my eye out, thank you.
Sara
9/09/13
Just got a delivery email that my hood vents arrived, wanted to check with you guys. Should be in a pull up bar box, only box I had.
Thanks
Bryan Vickers
9/13/13
Yes Bryan, we did. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I have been spending this week trying to get a job at our girls' school. They are in serious need of an aide. Brian is wrapping up some projects this weekend and the first of next, hopefully he can get to them by the mid-end of next week. We will keep you posted, have a good weekend.
Sincerely,
Sara Pancoast
9/13/13
Not a problem thanks, just wanted to check I seen that UPS put The Power house instead of Powder.
9/24/13
Wanted to check in and see if the hood vents are complete.
Bryan
9/30/13
They are and we will mail them out this week, keep posted for a tracking number, thanks and have a good night!
Sara Pancoast
9/30/13
Brian ,
Hood vents are packed and ready to go. I need your return shipping address and phone number, then I'll send you a PayPal request and get these mailed back to you. Thanks for your business!
-Brian
9/30/13
Bryan Vickers
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fort Hood, TX 76544
254-xxxxxxx
My paypal is xxxxxxxxxx
Thanks!
10/3/13
Bryan Vickers
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fort Hood, TX 76544
254-xxxxxxx
My paypal is xxxxxxxxxx
Thanks!
(sent same exact message as last time, maybe he didnt get it?)
10/4/13

Brian
Wanted to make sure you didn't forget about me, I know you said you could have them out this week.

Thanks
Bryan Vickers
10/12/13
I will have to check with Brian but I am sure they did.
I have been sick, juggling my own two jobs, two kids and Brian's business. Hardly balanced! I will get you a tracking number as soon as I find out from him. He is on a remote job site today where there is no service so as soon as I can I will!
Have a great weekend.
Sincerely,
Sara Pancoast
10/15/13
Ok thanks looking forward to a reply and hood vents

PMs on SVTP
09-20-2013

Originally Posted by BV600
Wondering if you dipped the hood vents yet, got there last week? Just seen pics of the Matte Carbon Fiber wondered how it would hold up to the sun debating on that instead of glossy, Would it cost more? Thanks

Bryan Vickers

I haven't had a chance to dip them yet. I'm hoping to either do them tomorrow or Saturday.

The matte will hold up to the sun just the same as the glossy. I just add a matting agent to my normal PPG clear. The clear has all of the UV protection in it, so you're good.

Let me know as soon as you can. I'll wait to hear a reply.

-Brian

09-20-2013
Thanks brian. Ill stick with the glossy.

Glossy it is!

10-08-2013

With no reply on email I PMd again and asked if they were done?

HI!!! Yes!!! They have been done, apologies. We lost our internet connection last week and he couldn't navigate the website on his cell so we had to wait to get a better signal here and now we have been playing catch up on messages. So sorry.

Your vents will be shipped out as soon as I have completed payment. I am working on invoices and requests, I will send them to you soon! Thanks so much, hope you come back soon!

Sincerely,
Sara Pancoast
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so out of all this is it just me or is there a crap ton of miscommunication going on and possible my hood vents are not even done, haven't been touched? Wanted to post this here to get feedback before I actually go to a larger forum like SVTP.
Do you think I'm overreacting by wanting my hood vents back after so long? What would you do. I will edit this and try to make it easier to read, I know its a lot.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
Ruger

I just plasti dipped mine. The hood vents are one of few parts where plasti dip looks great on and not cheap. It was quick, easy, and has held up great for 6 months so far. I was looking at the inserts stickers before but I think the plasti dip looked better. I wasn't keen on spending $300 on black inserts from ford. I was impressed it only took 5 minutes to remove them to paint.
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
Dominic Toretto

I'd be mad. If a company is going to be late or otherwise delayed getting to your service, they should be upfront to contact the customer. You shouldn't have to ask to see what the hold up is. Lame.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:39 AM   #4
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I'd be mad. If a company is going to be late or otherwise delayed getting to your service, they should be upfront to contact the customer. You shouldn't have to ask to see what the hold up is. Lame.

-Alex
Couldnt agree more.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #5
Dan12GT

Wow sounds like one excuse after another. Awful customer service. The fact that he is disclosing such personal information for excuses tells me he's REALLY just trying to make excuses and is not prioritizing running his company. I'd just ask for them back and tell him to forget it if it were me.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
BV600

Well I PMd over on SVTP (yesterday) before I posted this over there, basically saying these have been done for two weeks "supposedly" I want and invoice so I can pay and get them shipped. Received and email today of a shitty invoice I will attach with not Paypal info or anything. I tried his actual email he uses and it was correct (full name popped up). Sent back an email saying paid, ship please. SO will see how it goes from here.

I know a lot of people use the powder house, as he actually does awesome work. Don't know if there has been any other issues, But this will be a good Warning to anyone here on DFW just incase.

I will post pics when they come in.

Last edited by BV600; 10-18-2013 at 06:54 PM.
BV600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
BV600

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...l#post13592953

Put it on SVTP.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #8
03MachMe

damn hope it all works out in the end. I was thinking about them for paint on my calipers but I decided just to paint on my own

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #9
DirtyD

Wondering to see how this goes. I know that they run the business on the side of everything, so it may be possible they got a bunch of stuff mixed up from having to take an unexpected break from the work, but that is stretching it.

Hope for the best man.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #10
BV600

Thanks that's what Im hoping for they haven't logged onto SVTP since the 15th so hopefully just really busy. Either way they have been done for a month now just sitting.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #11
Courtesy Flush

Id of asked for my stuff back at this point. Im surprised you didnt just go with a company within Texas. Lots of guys doing good work with hydrodip/powdercoating in the area. I could understand if it a special order or something, but gloss black is a simple job and the way your getting jerked around i wouldn't drop a dime in their paypal until i was pleased with the work done.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #12
JDBishopArts

Or just pay double and get real ones...
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #13
BV600

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
Or just pay double and get real ones...
Actually just did, picked up real carbon fiber ones from trufiber. OEM is just too expensive found some aftermarket one for 150 but didn't like the honeycomb look. If I get my originals back I will just sell them or the CF ones.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:39 PM   #14
Emwun Garand

Plenty of coaters and dippers here in DFW that do good work.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #15
BV600

So finally got this resolved they will be here Thursday, seems the shop bit off more work to chew and 2 people couldn't handle it and got overwhelmed.