Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:17 PM   #61
The Joker

You should do it. If they cant get the paint matched on my from a damn door scratch, I am going to buy a new 14...I will end up doing a supercharger also if I do that.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:22 PM   #62
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
You should do it. If they cant get the paint matched on my from a damn door scratch, I am going to buy a new 14...I will end up doing a supercharger also if I do that.
I think my car is sold. If it is Ive got to make a decision.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:24 PM   #63
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
My Evo actually cost more then the stang. No, I just get tired of hearing how great Ls engines are when ford produces engines that do just as well.
Get over it. We are blessed to live in a time where great cars are being made by many automakers having more choices than ever. This isnt the 50s or 60s when one factory is clearly dominant over another. If everyone drove the same car it would be boring. Ive had over a dozen Mustangs, I still have two. So what if my 5.0 is for sale, im sure i will have another stang at some point, especially if Ford does another Mach/Boss. But as a car guy in this current state of the hobby it would be a crime not to experience what other automakers have to offer. Just because the Mustang isnt the fastest thing on the road doesnt mean its not a cool car because it is. Its an excellent entry level American sports car. So you dont need to justify or argue every little point to justify your purchase. Its your car, what is important is that YOU are happy with it. All the other talk is just fun, friendly car rivalry stuff. Dont take it so seriously.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:25 PM   #64
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Get over it. We are blessed to live in a time where great cars are being made by many automakers having more choices than ever. This isnt the 50s or 60s when one factory is clearly dominant over another. If everyone drove the same car it would be boring. Ive had over a dozen Mustangs, I still have two. So what if my 5.0 is for sale, im sure i will have another stang at some point, especially if Ford does another Mach/Boss. But as a car guy in this current state of the hobby it would be a crime not to experience what other automakers have to offer. Just because the Mustang isnt the fastest thing on the road doesnt mean its not a cool car because it is. Its an excellent entry level American sports car. So you dont need to justify or argue every little point to justify your purchase. Its your car, what is important is that YOU are happy with it. All the other talk is just fun, friendly car rivalry stuff. Dont take it so seriously.
I can agree with this. Im not sure what to get next. Im leaning toward a Boss 302 or a new base 14 with SC.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:46 PM   #65
STROKD
Old School

Rx, what Steve and I are grtting at is MODDING the shit out of the cars, the LS motors hold up better...
Old 03-31-2014, 08:46 PM   #66
Grandpa
I> /\/\

If those are your only two options you are considering i would definetely say the Boss all the way. You can boost it later and it can make way more than your standard 5.0 and you also wouldnt need to concern yourself with 1st year build issues.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:48 PM   #67
re-rx7
Banned

If those are your only two options you are considering i would definetely say the Boss all the way. You can boost it later and it can make way more than your standard 5.0 and you also wouldnt need to concern yourself with 1st year build issues.
The only way I could SC it is if i buy new from ford. I really like the Idea the only drawback would be it being a base car. I know you gys know quite a bit about SC's. How does the FRPP Blower do? If it sucks then I might as well get a premium brembo/recaro car.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:26 PM   #68
Grandpa
I> /\/\

The FRPP blower is the same as the Whipple which as im sure as you know works quite well.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:32 PM   #69
zsommer79

Originally Posted by jng2985 View Post
Wouldn't the trolls be the ones who once owned only to move on else where? Hard to make new friends.......
Think trolls are more like squatters that never really own anything and hang around until somebody physically chases them off.
zsommer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:37 PM   #70
re-rx7
Banned

The FRPP blower is the same as the Whipple which as im sure as you know works quite well.
Besides being a huge heat sink LOL
Old 03-31-2014, 09:59 PM   #71
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

Admin of a Mustang Forum...owns a Cadillac...
Old 03-31-2014, 10:50 PM   #72
jng2985

Originally Posted by zsommer79 View Post
Think trolls are more like squatters that never really own anything and hang around until somebody physically chases them off.
What if they're a level 99?
jng2985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:29 PM   #73
KurvStr8nr

Originally Posted by Dark Pony View Post
Truth is always stranger than fiction...

Coming soon: | MGW 2014 MT-82 Shifter |
KurvStr8nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:48 PM   #74
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dark Pony View Post
And two mustangs and previous owner of a dozen other stangs including a 9 second coupe and a immaculate 540rw 93 cobra, 500rw ported Cobra, 530rw blown hatch etc. I was racing Mustangs before many of you even had liscenses or were in grade school. Lol
Old 04-01-2014, 12:56 AM   #75
Stangmaster281

And two mustangs and previous owner of a dozen other stangs including a 9 second coupe and a immaculate 540rw 93 cobra, 500rw ported Cobra, 530rw blown hatch etc. I was racing Mustangs before many of you even had liscenses or were in grade school. Lol
Gee wiz mister your really really old.