Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #16
merlinmol

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Here is the issue with that, no tuner with any sort of decent reputation is going to be able to give you a great running tune that will make good power without spending some time on it. A dyno tune or street datalogging all will take some time tinkering with the tune to get it just right. Any crap canned tuned isn't going to give you the performance and drivability you are looking for.

The best thing to do it MAKE TIME to get a solid tune. It's worth every bit of the time and money in regards to performance and safety for your motor.
Can't believe I am agreeing with Steve . However, he is correct, you need to make the time and get this done properly. Being cheap or impatient has made you lucky that nothing got damaged. I can tell you that when HPP tuned my car it only took 2 hours, most of the time was spent ironing out the drivability. Not sure what the avg tune time is, but I think 2-4 hours isn't bad considering all the crap you have to go through to tune the computers in these cars.
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #17
cmanley99

I have the ability to data log and would not mind doing just that so I can get it down right. Problem is time...I work M-S Till 8pm. I have a custom Bama tune but they dont seem to get it right. Thats why I asked who would be good that I could send my datalogging to and would they be able to use just that and get me something close. I know it is no substitute for a solid dyno tune (this isnt my first rodeo), but given the situation I am in, I need someone I can send this data to and they can help me get this a little closer.
cmanley99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #18
cmanley99

Originally Posted by merlinmol View Post
Can't believe I am agreeing with Steve . However, he is correct, you need to make the time and get this done properly. Being cheap or impatient has made you lucky that nothing got damaged. I can tell you that when HPP tuned my car it only took 2 hours, most of the time was spent ironing out the drivability. Not sure what the avg tune time is, but I think 2-4 hours isn't bad considering all the crap you have to go through to tune the computers in these cars.
I know it is time consuming...I also know that the Canned tunes are not the best way to go. Is there someone that can use datalogging to help me work towards getting it right? That is my question.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #19
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by cmanley99 View Post
I know it is time consuming...I also know that the Canned tunes are not the best way to go. Is there someone that can use datalogging to help me work towards getting it right? That is my question.
Datalogging will only help diagnose the issue. You can't make those changes in your handheld. You will need a proper tune.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #20
re-rx7
Banned

I'm happy with my bama tune.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #21
DirtyD

As said before, contact Kevin/04sleeper and see if you cna set something up with him. He will do his best to work with you and your schedule, pending his own, and has done many people's tune in a couple of hours on a weekend.

If you want it done right, you have to make time for it to be done.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #22
cmanley99

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
As said before, contact Kevin/04sleeper and see if you cna set something up with him. He will do his best to work with you and your schedule, pending his own, and has done many people's tune in a couple of hours on a weekend.

If you want it done right, you have to make time for it to be done.
I realie that...I sent him a message...so hopefully he will get back with me.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #23
saunupe1911

I'm currently in your position bro. I tried a Ford Racing tune to keep a warranty and it pinged. Took it off and got a refund from Ford Racing. Never even thought about Bama or any other canned tune because I know it just not 100% for your car. Every car is different. I've personally watched Manny tune 3 or 4 different coyotes and countless other mustangs in general. I havent had the time for a tune, but I'm "making" time tomorrow. I've also waited until my warranty is close to being up and haven't had any issues out of my engine or trans. Just got to have some patience and get it done right. Just my 2 cents. I hope everything works out for you.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #24
Yagermeister

Kevin Dunn...nuff said
Old 09-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #25
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
Kevin Dunn...nuff said
Due to all the BS drama, Kevin is only tuning on a as needed basis. If he wants/needs money for his own project he will tune for select people. He is NOT a shop and does not need/want to be one.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #26
cmanley99

After lots of research and thought, I had Kevin Dunn work his magic on my car and let me just say "THANK YOU!!!" It is night and day difference. The car runs and performs like a beast and is much smoother than even stock. I just added 3.73 gears to the car and he even set me up with an extra tune for the gears. I look forward to getting some track time in and seeing the difference.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #27
Courtesy Flush

After lots of research and thought, I had Kevin Dunn work his magic on my car and let me just say "THANK YOU!!!" It is night and day difference. The car runs and performs like a beast and is much smoother than even stock. I just added 3.73 gears to the car and he even set me up with an extra tune for the gears. I look forward to getting some track time in and seeing the difference.
Cant believe it wasn't asked, but what was your ET before?
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #28
cmanley99

before the gears, good tune, and o/r x pipe, i ran a 8.3 1/8 at 88mph...but the bama tune wasnt good then.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #29
blownaltered
I have a small penis

before the gears, good tune, and o/r x pipe, i ran a 8.3 1/8 at 88mph...but the bama tune wasnt good then.
I would like to point out the fact that all the bama nut huggers got on me for telling you to get a real tune. You did that and now know the bama tune was shit. I love it when I'm right
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #30
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I would like to point out the fact that all the bama nut huggers got on me for telling you to get a real tune. You did that and now know the bama tune was shit. I love it when I'm right
Agreed. I've seen too many cases of people having issues with Bama. This is why when I am ready to get mine as well I will not skimp and get it done right the first time.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote