Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Other Makes and Models

Other Makes and Models Section for people who don't have 5.0s but still have badass cars. DFW 5.0s Welcomes everyone

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #46
DirtyD

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
On most cars with the rebates and such, they will gladly take sticker lol
lol

My car OTD was $2k less than MSRP with only 1 rebate.

Last edited by DirtyD; 04-09-2014 at 12:12 PM.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #47
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
On most cars with the rebates and such, they will gladly take sticker lol
To use Alex's analogy, if someone went into a store to buy a $1.00 bottle of water, the clerk rings up the bottle and it comes up to $1.12 due to tax, but they put down $1.00 and walk out. You'd be there in your blue uniform, mace and taser in hand to do work for theft.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #48
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
To use Alex's analogy, if someone went into a store to buy a $1.00 bottle of water, the clerk rings up the bottle and it comes up to $1.12 due to tax, but they put down $1.00 and walk out. You'd be there in your blue uniform, mace and taser in hand to do work for theft.
Actually, Alex said $5.

I've had convience stores dismiss up to $0.15 before.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #49
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Actually, Alex said $5.
You're missing the point, troll. Keep up.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:12 PM   #50
03MachMe

That's not what you just said tho. You said go to a dealer and tell them your only going to pay sticker. I paid out the door under what my sticker said so I could have done that and been fine

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #51
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Actually, Alex said $5.

I've had convience stores dismiss up to $0.15 before.
I've never met an engineer so impervious to logic and reason before until I met you.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #52
Dominic Toretto

Ok, well go into the dealership and tell them all you will pay is what is on the sticker and try to drive off the lot with it. Let's see how that works out for ya. lol
A few points.

Actually, people do exactly what you posted and pay what they want because they are baller status and have tens of thousands of dollars in their accounts.

Also, with rebates on new cars, you can pay less than with the car actually costs and with 0% financing, you do pay for the cost of the car.

Are you still somehow trying to be "that guy", by still arguing against the fact that the cost of financing an item is somehow the same amount as the cost of the item being financed? I know you like to argue, even when the facts are right there but, come on bro . My analogy is pretty simple to understand.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #53
DirtyD

You're missing the point, troll. Keep up.
If you are going to call me a troll, at least quote and use exactly what someone stated in their argument. Don't start changing things.

I bet if you go into a gas station a good number of them would dismiss the $0.12 on a bottle of water. I've had that happen plenty of times with me.

If you walked into anywhere and said that you aren't going to pay taxes or anything on what you want to buy, that's a different story.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #54
DirtyD

I've never met an engineer so impervious to logic and reason before until I met you.
I've never met a guy so dead set on arguing anything just to do it. I see nothing in my post that makes me impervious to logic. I'm sorry that you failed to comprehend a simple statement in front of your eyes in perfectly legible text.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #55
garner

Ok, well go into the dealership and tell them all you will pay is what is on the sticker and try to drive off the lot with it. Let's see how that works out for ya. lol
Uh it works lol

Dealer local to me, guy paid about $23k less than the sticker price combined of both cars he bought
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #56
Grandpa
I> /\/\

If you are going to call me a troll, at least quote and use exactly what someone stated in their argument. Don't start changing things.

I bet if you go into a gas station a good number of them would dismiss the $0.12 on a bottle of water. I've had that happen plenty of times with me.

If you walked into anywhere and said that you aren't going to pay taxes or anything on what you want to buy, that's a different story.
You're splitting hairs to suit your argument. You know damn well stealerships don't give away anything. lol.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:21 PM   #57
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by garner View Post
Uh it works lol

Dealer local to me, guy paid about $23k less than the sticker price combined of both cars he bought
You know exactly what I mean, don't twist what I said confusing negotiating a price and not paying taxes or finance interest on a car . Come on now. lol
Old 04-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #58
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I've never met a guy so dead set on arguing anything just to do it. I see nothing in my post that makes me impervious to logic. I'm sorry that you failed to comprehend a simple statement in front of your eyes in perfectly legible text.
It was a facetious comment, don't get your panties twisted and have yet another meltdown.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:23 PM   #59
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
A few points.

Actually, people do exactly what you posted and pay what they want because they are baller status and have tens of thousands of dollars in their accounts.

Also, with rebates on new cars, you can pay less than with the car actually costs and with 0% financing, you do pay for the cost of the car.

Are you still somehow trying to be "that guy", by still arguing against the fact that the cost of financing an item is somehow the same amount as the cost of the item being financed? I know you like to argue, even when the facts are right there but, come on bro . My analogy is pretty simple to understand.

-Alex
You aren't being any fun today.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #60
garner

You know exactly what I mean, don't twist what I said confusing negotiating a price and not paying taxes or finance interest on a car . Come on now. lol
Well you said walk in and tell them all you wanna pay is sticker, that's technically negotiating. And this guy paid taxes, about $12k worth of taxes

But yeah I get what you're saying lol

Last edited by garner; 04-09-2014 at 12:35 PM.
garner is offline   Reply With Quote