Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Interior/Exterior

Interior/Exterior Post new mods or questions about the inside or outside of your mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #16
downtime!

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
I'm a fan if you drop the shit out of yer car. Paint the rivets black too.
Wait, according to Steve these are bolts......nevermind.....LOL!
Old 09-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #17
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
Symantics, they've always been called rivets, even if they are bolts, and they still look like shit in my opinion. Make 'em the same color as the wheel so they don't jump out at you. Focus should be on the car as a whole, not on some polished "bolts".
It's not semantics at all, it's just wrong usage of terminology by someone who doesn't know any better. Rivets are for sheetmetal, bolts hold things together.

I would agree fake bolt heads glued to a wheel that being used in their functional capacity is a bit lame, but a true multi-piece wheel that is hand built requires bolts to hold it together. A multi-piece wheel can be disassembled at any time for cleanings or to change out the centers or hoops for any reason like of they are damaged. That can't be done with a cast type wheel. If a cast wheel needs to be repaired, it will never look the same again. In addition to that, cast type wheels also tend to be much heavier rather than a multi-pieced wheel. So there is much more to the assembly bolts rather than just the look of them.

Different strokes. I personally don't like all black wheels because you loose the detail. It's about contrast and making flow. With an all blacked out wheel, you might as well just leave the stockers on in black because it shows the same amount of detail - none. A lot of times, a car with blacked out wheels will look like it's just a void of anything there at all.

Now, that's not to say that all black can't look good at all, but it doesn't work for all cars and has to have the right contrasting lines and colors.

It's cool you don't like my wheels, as I said different strokes for different folks. But I would say you are in the minority with that opinion because EVERYTIME I drive my car somewhere I get compliments and questions about them.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #18
downtime!

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
It's not semantics at all, it's just wrong usage of terminology by someone who doesn't know any better. Rivets are for sheetmetal, bolts hold things together.

I would agree fake bolt heads glued to a wheel that being used in their functional capacity is a bit lame, but a true multi-piece wheel that is hand built requires bolts to hold it together. A multi-piece wheel can be disassembled at any time for cleanings or to change out the centers or hoops for any reason like of they are damaged. That can't be done with a cast type wheel. If a cast wheel needs to be repaired, it will never look the same again. In addition to that, cast type wheels also tend to be much heavier rather than a multi-pieced wheel. So there is much more to the assembly bolts rather than just the look of them.

Different strokes. I personally don't like all black wheels because you loose the detail. It's about contrast and making flow. With an all blacked out wheel, you might as well just leave the stockers on in black because it shows the same amount of detail - none. A lot of times, a car with blacked out wheels will look like it's just a void of anything there at all.

Now, that's not to say that all black can't look good at all, but it doesn't work for all cars and has to have the right contrasting lines and colors.

It's cool you don't like my wheels, as I said different strokes for different folks. But I would say you are in the minority with that opinion because EVERYTIME I drive my car somewhere I get compliments and questions about them.
I fully understand the tech behind multi piece wheels, having had a few sets of Jongbloed wheels way back in the day. And I never said I don't like your wheels, just don't like bright "bolt heads" on black wheels. As long as everything is basically one color, they kind of blend in and aren't nearly as obvious as silver on black. Don't take stuff so personal anyway, it's just my opinion.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #19
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
I fully understand the tech behind multi piece wheels, having had a few sets of Jongbloed wheels way back in the day. And I never said I don't like your wheels, just don't like bright "bolt heads" on black wheels. As long as everything is basically one color, they kind of blend in and aren't nearly as obvious as silver on black. Don't take stuff so personal anyway, it's just my opinion.
I'm not taking it personal at all bro. Just a discussion.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #20
downtime!

I'm not taking it personal at all bro. Just a discussion.
True dat. Also, I believe the wheels in question (the Valencias) are just a welded 2 piece, so the bolt heads are just for show. Looking at their website though, they make some damn good looking wheels.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #21
04sleeper
King of the Multi-quotes

I think I'm going to trade my wheels for some black RTR's.

Havn't seen anything like that on a new 5.0 yet!
04sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:48 AM   #22
jarheadtex

Concept One CS-10?

http://www.howeyindustries.com/conce...wheel-set.html
Old 10-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #23
jarheadtex

WOW...I was looking at some TF wheels. Steve, ...how did you purchase yours? Their website is a nightmare.

I kinda like the turn 8's
Old 10-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #24
DirtyD

Check out some of MHT's Niche brand wheels. I'll eventually be going that route.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #25
jayman33

Originally Posted by jarheadtex View Post
WOW...I was looking at some TF wheels. Steve, ...how did you purchase yours? Their website is a nightmare.

I'm a TF dealer, just let me know what you need.

www.hypermotiveperformance.com
734-306-5231
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #26
04sleeper
King of the Multi-quotes

04sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #27
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Haha!

I bought mine through Kevin (04sleeper) who is a rep for them. Kevin is awesome at getting just the right fit that you are looking for. I highly reccomend them.

While TF's may not be as cheap as a cast wheel like all the RTR type wheels, they are very much so a bargain for an entry level custom forged wheel that is made in the same factory as the IForged wheels are made. And I'm sure you know, IForged wheels are higher than giraffe pussy so that should tell you something about how nice TF wheels are!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #28
jarheadtex

Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
I'm a TF dealer, just let me know what you need.
pm sent
Old 10-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #29
jarheadtex

Haha!

I bought mine through Kevin (04sleeper) who is a rep for them. Kevin is awesome at getting just the right fit that you are looking for. I highly reccomend them.

While TF's may not be as cheap as a cast wheel like all the RTR type wheels, they are very much so a bargain for an entry level custom forged wheel that is made in the same factory as the IForged wheels are made. And I'm sure you know, IForged wheels are higher than giraffe pussy so that should tell you something about how nice TF wheels are!

These are the ones that I am looking at

http://www.trueforgedwheels.com/?con...Turn+Eight.jpg
Old 02-02-2013, 03:07 AM   #30
moor3r

Boss 338
moor3r is offline   Reply With Quote