The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:48 AM   #46
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
That's my point 3 beers and by the rules Steve wants you lose everything. That doesn't add up to me. See people don't understand how much one really cost between probation, bail, impound, license suspension or you have to pay to get it back active, lawyers, classes its a year long ass raping. Not to mention some insurance companies cancel you right then, then you get to pay double to some shit hole insurance company. It's just not a slap on the wrist. I will say the second offense should have worse penalties than what they have and if You blow over a .12 on your first offense everything should double what it is if you blow a .08
It's obvious those penalities aren't enough because there are so many repeat offenders.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:49 AM   #47
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I'm not foolish enough to think that it can be stopped completely. Some people are just going to do it. My point is that if the penalty is stiff enough, more people will think twice about doing it and it will save lives.
My point it's not the guy that drinks 3 beers and blows a .08 that is killing people on the roads and you know that. It's the ass hats that blow a .18 those are the ones that need to be hammered. I think the higher you blow the harsher the penalty. Make the punishment meet the crime, not some blanket system.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:50 AM   #48
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
To speak up from experience...

When I was 17 (turned 19 a few months ago) I made a bad decision to drink underage, then drive, and recieved a DUI minor. To be honest, the suthorities were not as harsh as they should have been. I posted a $519 bail and was out in a few hours. After completing 40 hours of community service and an alcohol awareness class, a $499 refund check was in my mail box.

No way in hell was that a harsh enough punishment. Since then, I have no had a single charge and have not driven drunk. Currently, I am on leave from basic training for HBL from Fort Sill. Yes, you can still get into the military with a DUI, it just depends on the situation. My life has turned around from what it was. Do I think I should have lost everything? Hell no. I learned my lesson.

It did not ruin my life, but it made things very tough and it put an unintended amount of stress of my family. All in all, I believe the driving while intoxicated laws are way too lax in this state.
Solid post. Thankd for being honest and sharing. Glad to see you learned from your mistake and you came out of it safe. It could have been MUCH worse.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:52 AM   #49
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Solid post. Thankd for being honest and sharing. Glad to see you learned from your mistake and you came out of it safe. It could have been MUCH worse.
Yeah he could of had you a judge and lost everything and never got into the military.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:58 AM   #50
Grandpa
I> /\/\

My point it's not the guy that drinks 3 beers and blows a .08 that is killing people on the roads and you know that. It's the ass hats that blow a .18 those are the ones that need to be hammered. I think the higher you blow the harsher the penalty. Make the punishment meet the crime, not some blanket system.
Again, it's a difference in opinion. I don't think it's okay to drink three beers then go drive. Just because a person may not feel impaired because they are capable of putting away way more beers than that doesn't mean they are not impaired. It's not okay for a person to be so lenient with their responsiblity to take the chance of plowing into my family.

Most people think they can handle it because they have done it so many times before. So they got home okay after drinking a lil bit. Do it once, twice..oh hey..I can handle my drinking.

It only takes one bad wreck to take a life. Shit happens, even to good people.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:59 AM   #51
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Again, it's a difference in opinion. I don't think it's okay to drink three beers then go drive. Just because a person may not feel impaired because they are capable of putting away way more beers than that doesn't mean they are not impaired. It's not okay for a person to be so lenient with their responsiblity to take the chance of plowing into my family.

Most people think they can handle it because they have done it so many times before. So they got home okay after drinking a lil bit. Do it once, twice..oh hey..I can handle my drinking.

It only takes one bad wreck to take a life. Shit happens, even to good people.
Steve don't talk to me about losing life and drunk driving because you have no idea.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:00 AM   #52
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Yeah he could of had you a judge and lost everything and never got into the military.
That's the chance he took knowingly taking the chance of driving under the influence. Why is it so difficult for some to make other arrangements? Have a DD, take a taxi.. etc? If you don't do it, there is nothing to worry about.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:00 AM   #53
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Steve don't talk to me about losing life and drunk driving because you have no idea.
Yes I do, and I know you do as well.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:03 AM   #54
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Yes I do, and I know you do as well.
I highly don't think you do know but that is fine. We will disagree on this one, but I don't have to worry about your laws because they will never happen. Why because it is big money for the state the way it is. Of course I've had the same case of beer in my fridge for the last month so you can tell I drink a lot.

Should say you don't know my end of it
Old 12-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #55
jayman33

I've written a thesis on this subject in my criminal law course a few years back. There are more accidents from individuals who drink less than 5 regular sized beverages. Individuals who are severely intoxicated .2 or more usually are pulled over immediately or crash into objects other than vehicles. Its those individuals who have a BAC of .1 or less that are most dangerous as they don't realize how intoxicated they are. The laws are placed there for a reason, multiple studies were conducted to ensure the proper BAC limit. There were recommendations for individuals with .15 and lower to receive harsher punishments.

www.hypermotiveperformance.com
734-306-5231
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #56
5PointSlow

Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
I've written a thesis on this subject in my criminal law course a few years back. There are more accidents from individuals who drink less than 5 regular sized beverages. Individuals who are severely intoxicated .2 or more usually are pulled over immediately or crash into objects other than vehicles. Its those individuals who have a BAC of .1 or less that are most dangerous as they don't realize how intoxicated they are. The laws are placed there for a reason, multiple studies were conducted to ensure the proper BAC limit. There were recommendations for individuals with .15 and lower to receive harsher punishments.
in japan their DUI laws are even stricter than ours. .04 is enough to get you for driving while drinking indicated. One beer is enough to get you there.

SOLD!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium
Roush TVS/JLT Big Air
Stainless Works Long Tubes and catted X.
Magnaflow Competition Catback
AED Tuned
***Driver Mod***
10.88@134 on street tires
5PointSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #57
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I would probably say more accidents but at what level are the most fatalities. When someone takes out a minivan on the tollway going the wrong way they are always above a .15 according to the news. That's my thing, I thnk more deaths are caused by the real drunks
Old 12-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #58
03MachMe

Exactly what I was going to say.

I would probably say more accidents but at what level are the most fatalities. When someone takes out a minivan on the tollway going the wrong way they are always above a .15 according to the news. That's my thing, I thnk more deaths are caused by the real drunks
Not true. The ones that are between .08 and .15 or so are the most dangerous because they do not realze they are intoxicated plus being intoxicated takes away their inhibition and they believe they are invincible. There for they are more likely to speed, weave in and out of traffic, and try and make that yellow light but they never see it turn red. The ones over .2 usually know they are drunk and are overly cautious. They are easy to spot because they will be going 10 under and can't stay in their lane and running up on curbs.

Now I get what your trying to say but the fact is that until the public treats this as the problem it really is, nothing will change. I agree 30 days in jail might be a little much, our jail wouldn't be able to hold all the DWIs we get in a month, but just the overnight stay they get at most usually is far too small a punishment

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #59
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Exactly what I was going to say.

Not true. The ones that are between .08 and .15 or so are the most dangerous because they do not realze they are intoxicated plus being intoxicated takes away their inhibition and they believe they are invincible. There for they are more likely to speed, weave in and out of traffic, and try and make that yellow light but they never see it turn red. The ones over .2 usually know they are drunk and are overly cautious. They are easy to spot because they will be going 10 under and can't stay in their lane and running up on curbs.

Now I get what your trying to say but the fact is that until the public treats this as the problem it really is, nothing will change. I agree 30 days in jail might be a little much, our jail wouldn't be able to hold all the DWIs we get in a month, but just the overnight stay they get at most usually is far too small a punishment
I never said not to increase it but 30 days is extreme and still won't change anything. If I'm wrong on the stats then I am wrong but my main thing has been the 30 days being retarded and it is.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #60
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I never said not to increase it but 30 days is extreme and still won't change anything. If I'm wrong on the stats then I am wrong but my main thing has been the 30 days being retarded and it is.
You're beating to death a hypothetical point. lol.