Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #91
Oxford14Stang

Not going to lie , if there isn't a OBD ll port I don't know anything about it. Would love to learn though

Last edited by Oxford14Stang; 06-07-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #92
Slow Five-O

Default Re: dynoing the car today

All you need is a screw driver and a timing light!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #93
03MachMe

Originally Posted by Steve View Post

Most of these young kids now don't know how to do squat to their own cars anymore that doesn't involve plastidip or switching a plastic bodypiece. lol.
Says the guy who needed me to come over and install his axle back...

I have never built a motor but I am a quick learner and can follow instructions. I had never done much suspension till josh's but learned and now have done a few others and my own. Everything on the Mach and the 5.0 was done by me or I helped do it. And everything from here out will be the same, other than the tune. So I wouldn't say most of us "young" guys don't know anything but there are more than there should be.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #94
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post

I have never built a motor but I am a quick learner and can follow instructions. I had never done much suspension till josh's but learned and now have done a few others and my own. Everything on the Mach and the 5.0 was done by me or I helped do it. And everything from here out will be the same, other than the tune. So I wouldn't say most of us "young" guys don't know anything but there are more than there should be.
LOL, there is nothing wrong with having someone show you do something who has done it before, saves time and frustration. I would figured it out, but it would have taken me longer and you offered to help out which I appreciate very much. Now I could do it easily thanks to your tips. My uncle gave me my first carb to rebuild. I messed with it for awhile with the rebuild kit and got a lil frustrated with it. I disassembled it and he showed me how to do it step by step. To this day, I can still do it with ease. I'm just a visual learner is all.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #95
DirtyD

Default dynoing the car today

Yup, there are. I will admit that I am not even an amateur at this stuff, but I can learn fast and figure it out. I learned a lot about F150s after meeting and hanging out with Patrick. Even though he is a LR certified ASE mech, he knows almost every square inch of every body style F150 after 1997. It was great learning and picking up stuff from him.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #96
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Yup, there are. I will admit that I am not even an amateur at this stuff, but I can learn fast and figure it out. I learned a lot about F150s after meeting and hanging out with Patrick. Even though he is a LR certified ASE mech, he knows almost every square inch of every body style F150 after 1997. It was great learning and picking up stuff from him.
Best way to learn right there!
Old 06-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #97
DirtyD

Default dynoing the car today

I will say that instructions aren't always best. There have been many instances where I had to just look at something to figure it out.

Case in point: IKEA furniture.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #98
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I will say that instructions aren't always best. There have been many instances where I had to just look at something to figure it out.

Case in point: IKEA furniture.
LMAO! I can so relate to that but with baby furniture! haha.

When I was doing my research about the Paxton, one of the common complaints was about how bad the instructions were even after being revised several times. At several steps there is points where you would have to go back to undo something a previous step told you to in order to do the next step. So you waste a lot of time going back and forth touching the same parts repeatedly. With some research, you can get instructions from other owners to explain how to do them to save time and frustration.

I despise stuff like that!
Old 06-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #99
03MachMe

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
LOL, there is nothing wrong with having someone show you do something who has done it before, saves time and frustration. I would figured it out, but it would have taken me longer and you offered to help out which I appreciate very much. Now I could do it easily thanks to your tips. My uncle gave me my first carb to rebuild. I messed with it for awhile with the rebuild kit and got a lil frustrated with it. I disassembled it and he showed me how to do it step by step. To this day, I can still do it with ease. I'm just a visual learner is all.
Not saying anything wrong with me helping you just thought it was funny one of those "younger" guys helped you with something so simple. I agree def easier with someone who knows what they are doing, but sometimes even us youngins can figure stuff out

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 06-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #100
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Not saying anything wrong with me helping you just thought it was funny one of those "younger" guys helped you with something so simple. I agree def easier with someone who knows what they are doing, but sometimes even us youngins can figure stuff out
If I offended you I apologize, but you and most of the guys here is not what I was thinking of when making that post. I was more thinking about the "other side of the parking lot" at say something like an RKC meet. lol.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #101
03MachMe

You didn't offend me I just wanted to point out a funny that's all. And I agree with you a lot of that crowd is nothing more than some hipsters that watched too much you tube growing up

386rwhp/383rwtq