Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #16
KnightRider5.0

Shit happens

Last edited by KnightRider5.0; 08-06-2013 at 11:26 AM.
KnightRider5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #17
DirtyD

Originally Posted by KnightRider5.0 View Post
Ugh I tried to hide the real story but seeing as how I'm thought of as ignorant not knowing what gear I shifted into,here's the real story, I was racing a WS6 down the highway we where doing 60 dropped into third 3 honks and started a roll race I was pulling on him in third when I went to shift into 4th the first time it locked me out wouldn't go in at all I was lift shifting I know our transmissions don't like power shifting. Anyways it locked me out of 4th and I lost to him next go round same scenario, he rolls up honk honk honk, bam I drop into third start pulling again, thinking no way this will happen twice. Wrong redline, shift light flashes I go to slam into 4th, lift shifting of course won't engage, clutch out, clutch down I try to force it and bam full lock and swerve to the shoulder, right back tire had to be it first because of how hard it yanked right. Anyways the car even today shifter loose and sloppy rough engagement into gears, all of them. I didn't want to admit I was racing and see if anyone has had this happen. My trans is acting rough all today. I'm thinking its shop time. Sorry I hide the truth but figured that story would
get a better technical answer then this one. I know it was fourth when I went to
engage it while shifting because I checked as I went to shift it into gear. So no way it was second.
Sounds like you are now experiencing issues with the syncros.........
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #18
garner

Well this just got interesting
Old 08-04-2013, 01:43 AM   #19
re-rx7
Banned

Jesus. Dude just tell the truth. And when something doesn't wanna go rule of thumb is dont force it. Sounds like someone can't drive a stick.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:21 AM   #20
my95z28

No point in hiding the truth man, quite a few of us have done it before. Sounds like you were trying to grab second the whole time, syncros couldn't keep up which is why it locked you out
my95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:26 AM   #21
KnightRider5.0

Well I appreciate the information guys, hopefully this problem sorts itself out.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #22
re-rx7
Banned

Well I appreciate the information guys, hopefully this problem sorts itself out.
If you did indeed force it into second you may have damaged something.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #23
46Tbird

Heres the real story, I was racing a WS6 down the highway we where doing 60 dropped into third 3 honks and started a roll race I was pulling on him in third when I went to shift into 4th the first time it locked me out wouldn't go in at all I was lift shifting I know our transmissions don't like power shifting. Anyways it locked me out of 4th and I lost to him next go round same scenario, he rolls up honk honk honk, bam I drop into third start pulling again, thinking no way this will happen twice. Wrong redline, shift light flashes I go to slam into 4th, lift shifting of course won't engage, clutch out, clutch down I try to force it and bam full lock and swerve to the shoulder, right back tire had to be it first because of how hard it yanked right. Anyways the car even today shifter loose and sloppy rough engagement into gears, all of them. I didn't want to admit I was racing and see if anyone has had this happen. My trans is acting rough all today. I'm thinking its shop time. Sorry I hide the truth but figured that story would
get a better technical answer then this one. I know it was fourth when I went to
engage it while shifting the second time because I checked as I went to shift it into gear. Anyone had issues with the Barton shifter in higher rpms?
So what's different about this story than the first one? That you dropped it into Second during a race as opposed to dropping it into Second while clowning around? I'm not surprised your trans is making funny noises, it will do that after you pound it into the wrong gear and let out the clutch.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #24
KnightRider5.0

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
So what's different about this story than the first one? That you dropped it into Second during a race as opposed to dropping it into Second while clowning around? I'm not surprised your trans is making funny noises, it will do that after you pound it into the wrong gear and let out the clutch.
Thanks I appreciate the input
Old 08-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #25
46Tbird

You are welcome.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #26
thelandshark

Trade it in and get a auto
Old 08-04-2013, 11:40 PM   #27
my95z28

Damn you guys are harsh. Don't let em get to ya KnightRider, we all make mistakes, shit happens man. My buddy did the same thing and it went sideways down through the ditch and broke a bunch of suspension parts right after he finished his H/C LS3, at least that didn't happen to you!
Old 08-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #28
Oxford14Stang

Yeah sounds like went into 2nd.. don't worry I did a 2nd to 1st gr instead if 3rd lol. Happened once with ThelandShark in the car, quickly pressed the clutch in tho.

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #29
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by my95z28 View Post
Damn you guys are harsh. Don't let em get to ya KnightRider, we all make mistakes, shit happens man. My buddy did the same thing and it went sideways down through the ditch and broke a bunch of suspension parts right after he finished his H/C LS3, at least that didn't happen to you!
Lies happen.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #30
my95z28

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Lies happen.
A guy doesn't want to fess up to street racing in a public, traceable forum? Sounds smarter than a lot of the people that openly admit it to me.