Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:50 PM   #1
ThunderkissGT14

Default Exhaust, complete/catback or otherwise setups

OK, so i've gone through all 12 pages of the performance threads looking for anyone asking the populous of this formum about exhausts in a complete (can mean from headers back or just a combo of pieces to complete their desired exhaust taste) setup or a mix / match of brands in their own setup and their experiences.

Theres a lot of people talking about cat deletes, resenators etc. and xpipes and hpipes but i want to have a talk and everyone chime in on complete set ups or a mix match of a complete set up that they like.

I've gone through tons of youtube videos.. a lot of those recordings dont help in distinguishing note drone etc. and hardly any if any-convos of performance gain.

Like pypes for instance. Cheaper of the exhausts out there, and their site or i cant remember if it was just one that was selling their product put an actual HP/TQ gain claim where as all the other products i see do not.

So i want to hear from the people. I was looking at borla catback atak or stype.

but let me know if you have this or have other systems that you like, and talk about drone/note and any gains or regrets.

doing the foot work in research via youtube, sites selling the products etc. is only going so far

Last edited by ThunderkissGT14; 01-15-2014 at 11:53 PM.
ThunderkissGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:57 PM   #2
DirtyD

Borla S type is one of the best sounding mufflers out there. Couple with a good quality O/R H-pipe it will sound great.

Most mufflers won't really gain you anything, maybe a few ponies, but not enough to feel. Most of the power comes from getting rid of the stock cats, and then getting a tune.

But when it comes down to exhausts, it's always going to be subjective as not everyone likes the same things.

Here is a video of my setup.

DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:04 AM   #3
ThunderkissGT14

Nice. Yah im looking at a Cat back currenlty right now, not expecting big gains in just that or anything. But just as you took mufflers and paired it with an H pipe and made a video is a good example to start getting ideas. When my warranty runs out thats when a full exhaust will be looked at.
ThunderkissGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:43 AM   #4
NZERO21

Personally I love the Ferrari exhaust. Dont let the title fool you, its awesome.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/CjqhmhObCMo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/CjqhmhObCMo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

NZERO21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:39 AM   #5
fordplay

I'm sorry, I'm sticking to the flow master super 44's. To me the sound is awesome. Bass and pop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYNQ...e_gdata_player
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:57 AM   #6
Darkhelmet22

My gt500 mufflers and lethal x sounds amazing.

Hypermotive Tune | Pypes Longtubes and O/R X | Corsa Sports | H&R Race Springs | Eibach panhard bar | BMR LCAs | BMR relo brackets | Koni yellows | Eibach sway bars | Ground Control CC plates | MGW shifter | SVE Drifts |
Darkhelmet22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:50 AM   #7
BlueBolt

I'll have a GT500 catback for sale soon. Gt500 over axle pipes and painted gt500 mufflers.
BlueBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #8
zsommer79

Originally Posted by Darkhelmet22 View Post
My gt500 mufflers and lethal x sounds amazing.
Got any sound clips on that set up, already have the GT500 quad mufflers and thinking the lethal x will be the next step. I want the HP but not sure I want the extra sound.
zsommer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:12 PM   #9
maxpayne

I went from the gt500s to the Roush ABs for more volume since I was staying with the stock pipes. I personally love the Roush. Loud when you get on it and quiet when cruising. No drone whatsoever - well unless you are going about 90 mph.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #10
Darkhelmet22

Originally Posted by zsommer79 View Post
Got any sound clips on that set up, already have the GT500 quad mufflers and thinking the lethal x will be the next step. I want the HP but not sure I want the extra sound.
Ya I'll have to upload it to YouTube tonight.

Hypermotive Tune | Pypes Longtubes and O/R X | Corsa Sports | H&R Race Springs | Eibach panhard bar | BMR LCAs | BMR relo brackets | Koni yellows | Eibach sway bars | Ground Control CC plates | MGW shifter | SVE Drifts |
Old 01-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #11
Crimson600+HP

I am a fan of Stainless Works complete header back system with the chambered exhausts. They sound great on YouTube and even better in person.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:44 PM   #12
Darkhelmet22

here is a clip of my exhaust. The video was just me playing around with different camera angles after I got my suction cup mount but you get the idea of how the exhaust sounds.
http://youtu.be/XQpG9_WTEto

Last edited by Darkhelmet22; 01-16-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:16 PM   #13
zsommer79

Originally Posted by Darkhelmet22 View Post
here is a clip of my exhaust. The video was just me playing around with different camera angles after I got my suction cup mount but you get the idea of how the exhaust sounds.
http://youtu.be/XQpG9_WTEto

Sounds good, doesn't seem too much louder than with just the GT500 mufflers. Was going to wait a couple months before buying anything else for the car but your making it tough on me.

Thanks for posting up the video.
zsommer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:47 PM   #14
Darkhelmet22

Originally Posted by zsommer79 View Post
Sounds good, doesn't seem too much louder than with just the GT500 mufflers. Was going to wait a couple months before buying anything else for the car but your making it tough on me.

Thanks for posting up the video.
No problem. Go buy the x. You won't be disappointed.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:27 AM   #15
fordplay

Darkhelmet. I know your handle now!!! I can say his sounds good in person. . Smells good too!! I have to thank him. Being behind his car and smelling his exhaust is when my wife decided it was OK for me to remove my cats, to get that muscle car smell!! Side note I still prefer the boat exhaust sound from my H pipe.. personal preference I know but with the ghost cam, it exaggerates the muscle car whump whump noise...
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote