Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:22 PM   #1
Dominic Toretto

Default Automatic Trans Issues

So my transmission is now not shifting any higher than 3rd gear. Got these codes:

P0770 Shift Solenoid 'E'
P0773 Shift Solenoid 'E' Electrical
P0774 Shift Solenoid 'E' Intermittent

Car has been at a local dealership since this morning as they opened the door, and so far their ONE transmission guy can't get to look at it until "next week sometime." My service advisor is "pretty sure it's a transmission issue" and asked if I had an extended warranty... at 55k miles I'm thinking Ford should probably fix this.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
JDMLOL

If there is so much as a forum/club sticker and axle back on a car within warranty the dealer will turn the car away because the car has been "modded and probably raced". That's these big corporate owned dealers like AutoNation for you. Customer service for domestics is terrible. They likely won't cover it out of warranty.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:35 AM   #3
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
If there is so much as a forum/club sticker and axle back on a car within warranty the dealer will turn the car away because the car has been "modded and probably raced". That's these big corporate owned dealers like AutoNation for you. Customer service for domestics is terrible. They likely won't cover it out of warranty.
We'll see. I know Frank's transmission was fixed under warranty with a tune, full exhaust, intake suspension mods etc.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 09-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #4
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
We'll see. I know Frank's transmission was fixed under warranty with a tune, full exhaust, intake suspension mods etc.

-Alex

Where'd he take it? I have yet to find a dealer that doesn't give my shit about what's done to mine. I literally had an AutoNation service director call me and say "come pick it up before we blacklist this car. We are doing a favor by warning you."

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
Old 09-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #5
Dominic Toretto

Where'd he take it? I have yet to find a dealer that doesn't give my shit about what's done to mine. I literally had an AutoNation service director call me and say "come pick it up before we blacklist this car. We are doing a favor by warning you."
Five Star Ford. Only mods on mine are wheels, tires, lowering springs, axle back, LCAs and brackets. Besides, don't they have to prove that your mods are the cause of the problem?

-Alex

Old 09-28-2014, 12:04 PM   #6
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Five Star Ford. Only mods on mine are wheels, tires, lowering springs, axle back, LCAs and brackets. Besides, don't they have to prove that your mods are the cause of the problem?

-Alex

That's what everyone says, but the last few places I have taken the car to or have called have said they will not cover my car if the car is tuned. They said they will hook it up to the computer before they even begin diagnosing the problem. When I had grind issues they said they wouldn't fix it because of the short throw shifter even though MGW worked with ford on its development. Lol.

The Queen:
Old 09-28-2014, 12:07 PM   #7
Dominic Toretto

That's what everyone says, but the last few places I have taken the car to or have called have said they will not cover my car if the car is tuned. They said they will hook it up to the computer before they even begin diagnosing the problem. When I had grind issues they said they wouldn't fix it because of the short throw shifter even though MGW worked with ford on its development. Lol.
If I get that kind of push back with the minimal mods I have, I'll just trade the car after I fix.

-Alex

Old 09-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #8
rriddle3

It's dependent upon the dealer and how many flags your car waves in the dealer's face. Your car screams 'modified' just by its exhaust sound and ride height. I don't know about his car, I've never seen it. I never had any issues getting warranty work done on mine at Don Davis Ford, but the only tip-offs were a CAI and axle-backs.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:43 AM   #9
46Tbird

If there is so much as a forum/club sticker and axle back on a car within warranty the dealer will turn the car away because the car has been "modded and probably raced".
Bullshit.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise; and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding."
-Proverbs 17:28

OP, just take your car to a real dealer (AutoNation? c'mon) and act like the transmission is a problem that they will obviously have to address. You have no warranty-affecting modifications, so walk in there like you own the place and have them fix your car.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:17 PM   #10
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Bullshit.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise; and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding."
-Proverbs 17:28

OP, just take your car to a real dealer (AutoNation? c'mon) and act like the transmission is a problem that they will obviously have to address. You have no warranty-affecting modifications, so walk in there like you own the place and have them fix your car.
I am still waiting on a call back. I posted this also over on SVTP and someone from Ford responded wanting to escalate the issue. We'll see how that goes.

-Alex

Old 09-29-2014, 09:34 PM   #11
Lucky13

I worked at a small town dealership for 4 yrs. 99-03. Warranty work is a dealer's bread and butter.

AWA is what it was called then. After Warranty Adjustment. 5 yrs up to 75k.

Call Ford's customer service number and pitch a bitch and see what happens.

We always tried really hard to put everything possible to warranty. It pays well and no hassle, no bill to collect.

Maybe things have changed or maybe you need a small town dealer or a Service Manager with balls.

My $0.02.

I hate seeing people leave Ford because some asshole service writer is on a power trip.

Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:02 PM   #12
Dominic Toretto

Got the car back today, the service advisor called earlier and said everything would be covered under the warranty. They replaced the solenoids, full transmission drain and refill, tested everything, washed the car inside and out and needless to say I am happy about it now.

On a side note, I have no idea if this is what the outcome would have been had a rep from Ford not seen my post over on SVTP. But I am happy now, so I guess it really doesn't matter. I'll be sure to give the service advisor a good review on the survey.

-Alex

Old 09-30-2014, 09:06 PM   #13
Lucky13

Glad that worked out. Good deal!

Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote