Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:44 AM   #1
Luke

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
You really need to research motor oil....Just for shits. What makes motorcraft bad?
From what I've read it breaks down much faster. I am by no means an oil guru, I have been trying to read up on different oils from different sources to gain some unbiased knowledge on it. So far I've found that for daily duty on a typical car all oils will protect as they should, but when it comes to racing and really putting strain on the parts a better oil will protect better and longer. For those that plan on getting rid of their cars before 100k I'm sure there isn't much personal benefit. I plan on running the dog shit out of mine and eventually when the time comes that I get a built motor, this one will hopefully be put into a foxbody and continue to run efficiently as it should.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:02 AM   #2
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Luke View Post
From what I've read it breaks down much faster. I am by no means an oil guru, I have been trying to read up on different oils from different sources to gain some unbiased knowledge on it. So far I've found that for daily duty on a typical car all oils will protect as they should, but when it comes to racing and really putting strain on the parts a better oil will protect better and longer. For those that plan on getting rid of their cars before 100k I'm sure there isn't much personal benefit. I plan on running the dog shit out of mine and eventually when the time comes that I get a built motor, this one will hopefully be put into a foxbody and continue to run efficiently as it should.
Most oils when broke dwn get thicker. This is what kills a motor. 10PSI PER 1000RPM is a gd rule of thumb. When racing Id change oil every 1-2k miles or when your done as the street oil will lubricate better then the race oil on the daily trips.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote