Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:51 PM   #1
Lucky13

Default Air Fuel Ratio

Need you guys with 13-14 5.0 6 spd Coyotes to look at something for me.

Watch your AF and tell me what numbers you are seeing at wide open and then decelerating IN GEAR. It has to be a funky sensor computer thing or something I'm experiencing but curious what others see.

Look forward to hearing what you see, if anyone even reads these anymore besides the three of us left who still post.

*Ryan, you'll have to use your memory. ;-)

Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:57 PM   #2
NAVAG

Interesting. I'll check mine out when I get back. I'm in Virginia until late Saturday.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:58 PM   #3
NAVAG

Lol. I won't be able to check it until Sunday and I'll probably still reply first...
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
Old 04-10-2015, 02:47 PM   #4
Lucky13

Update. I did some Googling and figured it out. It goes to 20:1 in gear decelerating because it's essentially reading raw air. I was confused by the fact that it exhaust pops like supposed to but reads super dangerously lean..... it's all good. Trying to learn about the car and tuning and all that stuff. Tuning is some black magic voodoo shit, fellas...

Old 04-12-2015, 06:49 PM   #5
NAVAG

Verified. Mine does the same thing.

And now that I'm back, I'm loving the straight roads down here. I'ts nearly impossible to go fast in Va. I've been forced to go extra slow all week. And that Fusion that I rented had some big ass blind spots. Told my rib that next time we leave town I'm renting a mustang...
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
Old 04-13-2015, 09:37 AM   #6
Lucky13

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post
Verified. Mine does the same thing.

And now that I'm back, I'm loving the straight roads down here. I'ts nearly impossible to go fast in Va. I've been forced to go extra slow all week. And that Fusion that I rented had some big ass blind spots. Told my rib that next time we leave town I'm renting a mustang...
Seriously? I love it out there. From the Shenandoah valley all the way down into NC and TN! Tail of the Dragon and all that fun stuff!

Old 04-14-2015, 11:28 AM   #7
NAVAG

I was stationed in Norfolk and Charleston in the early 90's. Been up and down 95 a few times in my day. I love the east coast, especially because I'm a History Nerd. Just for some reason I found it hard to drive this time. Took forever to get from a to b. Cops behind every turn, low speed limits because of all the hills, turns and trees. Weather was cold. When I lived up there I was used to it - Now that I've been in NE Texas for the last 20 years I kind of took for granted the wide open highways with more than two lanes, 75 mph limits and whole grid system that most cities are on...

Told my wife that we have to go back in the fall. The seeing the landscape with foliage alone would be worth the trip.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
Old 04-14-2015, 12:39 PM   #8
Lucky13

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post
I was stationed in Norfolk and Charleston in the early 90's. Been up and down 95 a few times in my day. I love the east coast, especially because I'm a History Nerd. Just for some reason I found it hard to drive this time. Took forever to get from a to b. Cops behind every turn, low speed limits because of all the hills, turns and trees. Weather was cold. When I lived up there I was used to it - Now that I've been in NE Texas for the last 20 years I kind of took for granted the wide open highways with more than two lanes, 75 mph limits and whole grid system that most cities are on...

Told my wife that we have to go back in the fall. The seeing the landscape with foliage alone would be worth the trip.
I've been all over that area on a motorcycle, once in the fall. Pretty incredible.