The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:40 PM   #196
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Did you really just say yum to that. I would rather have scrambled egg whites with some Canadian bacon, that's yum.
I'm still researching eggs. It's a highly controversial topic if they are good for you or not. I'm still on the fence. I eat eggs on occasion, but only organic eggs and the egg white itself. I'm working on lowering my LDL levels which is why the egg thing is "iffy" to me until I can decide on them.

And yes, oatmeal with flaxseed in it, add a banana while it's hot so it melts. YUMMMMM.

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
That's about the same as a gallon of milk. I'll start looking for that, thanks man!

What's interesting is that I had some inclination that foods are drinks were starting to have hormones in them due to how the younger population is developing so early these days. I know it's off topic but, I remember when I was in high school, girls looked like girls, now you can find some 15 year olds that look over 20.

-Alex
Exactly. It's also why we are seeing obesity at a much earlier age too.

Makes you think about that joking one liner " Damn girl, I know milk does a body good, but how much milk you drinking!?!"

Irony.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:50 PM   #197
blownaltered
I have a small penis

That's about the same as a gallon of milk. I'll start looking for that, thanks man!

What's interesting is that I had some inclination that foods are drinks were starting to have hormones in them due to how the younger population is developing so early these days. I know it's off topic but, I remember when I was in high school, girls looked like girls, now you can find some 15 year olds that look over 20.

-Alex
Its wild, I see girls all the time that are fine as hell and then I feel like a dirty old man when I realize they are under 18. Then I realize I am a dirty old man and look again
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #198
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I'm still researching eggs. It's a highly controversial topic if they are good for you or not. I'm still on the fence. I eat eggs on occasion, but only organic eggs and the egg white itself. I'm working on lowering my LDL levels which is why the egg thing is "iffy" to me until I can decide on them.

And yes, oatmeal with flaxseed in it, add a banana while it's hot so it melts. YUMMMMM.

Makes you think about that joking one liner " Damn girl, I know milk does a body good, but how much milk you drinking!?!"

Irony.
Lets not fucking blame obesity of these fat bastards on milk and hormones. Lets put the blame where it belongs, in their fucking parents for taking their fat asses to McDonalds every damn day. My wife sees it everyday where she works (pediatricians office), these parents feed their kids what ever they wants. They have kids come in that are 300lbs and 13 years old and they want the doctor to give them a handicapped pass so their kid doesn't have to walk as far and can take the elevator at certain places. The doctors tell them no and the parent goes to a new doctor to get it so their kid doesn't have to exercise. That is where the blame needs to be put not on fucking milk. Look how skinny my kids are and they eat all the shit that you are saying is horrible for you and is to blame. Sorry this one pisses me off, not Steve's comment it the fact these parents do this to their kids because they can't tell them no when the kid wants another fucking cup cake. Your kids fat give him a carrot.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #199
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Lets not fucking blame obesity of these fat bastards on milk and hormones. Lets put the blame where it belongs, in their fucking parents for taking their fat asses to McDonalds every damn day. My wife sees it everyday where she works (pediatricians office), these parents feed their kids what ever they wants. They have kids come in that are 300lbs and 13 years old and they want the doctor to give them a handicapped pass so their kid doesn't have to walk as far and can take the elevator at certain places. The doctors tell them no and the parent goes to a new doctor to get it so their kid doesn't have to exercise. That is where the blame needs to be put not on fucking milk. Look how skinny my kids are and they eat all the shit that you are saying is horrible for you and is to blame. Sorry this one pisses me off, not Steve's comment it the fact these parents do this to their kids because they can't tell them no when the kid wants another fucking cup cake. Your kids fat give him a organic carrot.
LMAO! Funny, but true post.

Fixed the last part.

<----can't believe he has turned into a hippie. lol
Old 02-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #200
Dominic Toretto

Irony.
My ex and I joked about Aunt Gemima being the blame for childhood obesity. But I also attribute much of it to the activity of the child. Children have an insane amount of energy. My soon-to-be five year old daughter is like a damn chihuahua when she is in doors. And that is before she may have any sugar. She loves being out doors and will play her ass off. So will her ten year old sister. Both girls trim and active in cheerleading.

Its wild, I see girls all the time that are fine as hell and then I feel like a dirty old man when I realize they are under 18. Then I realize I am a dirty old man and look again
ROFL. It's really crazy to witness. I don't go to The Parks Mall anymore because of this.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:01 PM   #201
Futwa

Lets not fucking blame obesity of these fat bastards on milk and hormones. Lets put the blame where it belongs, in their fucking parents for taking their fat asses to McDonalds every damn day. My wife sees it everyday where she works (pediatricians office), these parents feed their kids what ever they wants. They have kids come in that are 300lbs and 13 years old and they want the doctor to give them a handicapped pass so their kid doesn't have to walk as far and can take the elevator at certain places. The doctors tell them no and the parent goes to a new doctor to get it so their kid doesn't have to exercise. That is where the blame needs to be put not on fucking milk. Look how skinny my kids are and they eat all the shit that you are saying is horrible for you and is to blame. Sorry this one pisses me off, not Steve's comment it the fact these parents do this to their kids because they can't tell them no when the kid wants another fucking cup cake. Your kids fat give him a carrot.

^this. It's astounded to see a parent feed their child Mc Donalds as they prepare some organic chicken salad for themselves....The response I get is always the same "meh, they're kids....they'll burn it off"
Futwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:30 PM   #202
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Futwa View Post
^this. It's astounded to see a parent feed their child Mc Donalds as they prepare some organic chicken salad for themselves....The response I get is always the same "meh, they're kids....they'll burn it off"
Do you have kids?
Old 02-13-2014, 02:25 PM   #203
JDMLOL

Steve, you keep talking about these acid levels. Are high acid levels what contribute to colon cancer? I've heard eating lots of red meats increases the risk of it.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #204
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Steve, you keep talking about these acid levels. Are high acid levels what contribute to colon cancer? I've heard eating lots of red meats increases the risk of it.
Acid levels contribute all ALL health issues. It's the basis of disease. Keeping your acidic levels low and controlled can reverse just about all health issues. High blood pressure, diabetes, chloresterol, pre-cancer cells etc.

Most health problems start from an unbalanced alkaline (PH) level. When our bodies take in foods that create a lot of acid in order to digest them, it throws everything off. Your body can only fight so many things at once so something somewhere has to suffer while the system is being heavily taxed.

Red meat is very, very hard on our bodies to digest. Your body knows it almost immediately that's why you get that feeling of wanting to lay down sleep after eating a big heavy meal. In order for your body to digest that very dense meat, the body needs to create more than the usual amount of acid in the system in order to break it down. Even still, it's difficult to pass through our bodies to be rid of it.

If you're one of those guys who needs to sit on the toilet for a long period of time in order to shit, you may seriously want to re-evaluate your diet due to the damage your doing to your digestive system (including your colon).
Old 02-13-2014, 03:12 PM   #205
Dominic Toretto

If you're one of those guys who needs to sit on the toilet for a long period of time in order to shit, you may seriously want to re-evaluate your diet due to the damage your doing to your digestive system (including your colon).
That has nothing to do with meat. I eat plenty of meat and have absolutely no problem passing food.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 02-13-2014, 03:27 PM   #206
Grandpa
I> /\/\

That has nothing to do with meat. I eat plenty of meat and have absolutely no problem passing food.

-Alex
False, false, false. You may not have problems NOW. You're still young, you still think you are invincible still. lol. You are no different than anyone else in the human race prone for the same health issues everyone else is with a poor/unbalanced diet.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #207
Dominic Toretto

False, false, false. You may not have problems NOW. You're still young, you still think you are invincible still. lol. You are no different than anyone else in the human race prone for the same health issues everyone else is with a poor/unbalanced diet.
False, false, false. I AM invincible

-Alex

Old 02-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #208
Dominic Toretto

I compared almond milk to 2% cow milk and decided it simply wasn't worth it. I was expected much better, especially protein wise. How does a drink made out of almonds have so little protein? It has half the amount of calories, which is okay but more sodium wtf? Milk also has way more potassium.

Also keep in mind, if you are really looking to skimp on calories and fat, you can opt for 1% milk, which will still have more protein than almond milk.

So from this, it looks like almond milk is about as equivalent as drinking a glass of salt water. Not saying almond milk is necessarily bad for you but, milk is better for me. I like protein and potassium(without having to go through bananas which spoil immediately).

-Alex

Old 02-16-2014, 02:51 PM   #209
5PointSlow

i tend to stick to skim milk.

SOLD!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium
Roush TVS/JLT Big Air
Stainless Works Long Tubes and catted X.
Magnaflow Competition Catback
AED Tuned
***Driver Mod***
10.88@134 on street tires
5PointSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #210
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Are you this hard headed about everything? lol

Milk is horrible for you. What is more important is what that label isn't telling that is in that milk. Puss, hormones, antibiotics, fecal matter etc. If you want to put that stuff into your body, fine that is business. But you will never convince me that store bought cows milk is good for you, because it's not. You're buying into a marketing campaign that has been drilled into you since you were a kid. That's it.