Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #151
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I didn't know peta joined the fucking boards. Stop it veggie boy
LOL, that has nothing to do with being a vegetarian. That is simply just being healthy. Trust me, ignorance IS bliss in some subjects. I was very happy before drinking my milk all the time not knowing what was in that stuff. But I opened Pandora's Box and found out some nasty surprises. YUCK!!

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
Don't argue with Steve!! He's a vegetarian, they're all smarter than us lowly meat eaters
Shut.....the....fuck....up.....lowly ginger and read above. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:24 PM   #152
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I didn't know peta joined the fucking boards. Stop it veggie boy
By the way, PETA would be a Vegan. I'm not a vegan. I like eating meat like everyone else. I'd just like not to have a heart attack or a stroke due to the high amounts of cholesterol and high acid levels so I choose not to eat it if it can be avoided. Diet is about making the right choices.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #153
Dominic Toretto

I agree with a lot of what Steve says actually. I just think it's ridiculous to attribute health problems on ONE aspect of someone's diet. Of course if you test some obese behemoths whose only physical activity is pressing the buttons on a remote is stuffed full of red meat and they develope problems then they blame red meat. They don't say, well the person was already in poor physical condition or the person never worked out, etc etc.

A friend of mine in college said "creatine doesn't work" when he only worked out twice a month and played Halo all day.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #154
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I agree with a lot of what Steve says actually. I just think it's ridiculous to attribute health problems on ONE aspect of someone's diet. Of course if you test some obese behemoths whose only physical activity is pressing the buttons on a remote is stuffed full of red meat and they develope problems then they blame red meat. They don't say, well the person was already in poor physical condition or the person never worked out, etc etc.

A friend of mine in college said "creatine doesn't work" when he only worked out twice a month and played Halo all day.

-Alex
"Nothing works unless YOU do."

We're trying to get to the same place, just taking different paths to get there is all.

That is one thing that drives me crazy about some people. When it comes to the subject of supplements. Some people spend a LOT of money taking this or that, tons of whey proteins, fat burners, pre-workouts, post workouts etc, but yet their diet isn't on point. You can't supplement a crap diet!! All of that stuff is just a complete waste unless you eat completely clean and put your body in a heavily overworked state. Even then a lot of the stuff on the market is questionable. But that is another subject.

Personally, I don't think anyone should take anything that your body makes naturally like creatine unless your body is constantly being overloaded with heavy work loads. Even then, something like creatine supplements should be cycled in and out of your system regularly. The body is a very adaptive machine. When you take in something naturally made like creatine, your body will adjust for it because the additional creatine being taken in and will stop making it. When you come off of it will throw things completely out of whack.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:26 PM   #155
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post

We're trying to get to the same place, just taking different paths to get there is all.

That is one thing that drives me crazy about some people. When it comes to the subject of supplements. Some people spend a LOT of money taking this or that, tons of whey proteins, fat burners, pre-workouts, post workouts etc, but yet their diet isn't on point. You can't supplement a crap diet!! All of that stuff is just a complete waste unless you eat completely clean and put your body in a heavily overworked state. Even then a lot of the stuff on the market is questionable. But that is another subject.

Personally, I don't think anyone should take anything that your body makes naturally like creatine unless your body is constantly being overloaded with heavy work loads. Even then, something like creatine supplements should be cycled in and out of your system regularly. The body is a very adaptive machine. When you take in something naturally made like creatine, your body will adjust for it because the additional creatine being taken in and will stop making it. When you come off of it will throw things completely out of whack.

You're a regular 'ol Richard Simmons
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:36 PM   #156
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
You're a regular 'ol Richard Simmons
LOL, yeah. Life has thrown me some curveballs the last year for sure and I've changed a lot. It's been long overdue for quite some time.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:28 PM   #157
blownaltered
I have a small penis

LOL, that has nothing to do with being a vegetarian. That is simply just being healthy. Trust me, ignorance IS bliss in some subjects. I was very happy before drinking my milk all the time not knowing what was in that stuff. But I opened Pandora's Box and found out some nasty surprises. YUCK!!

Shut.....the....fuck....up.....lowly ginger and read above. lol
I don't drink milk. I really don't care for it that much so I don't have to worry about it. I've been eating more lean meats and a lot of chicken (hopefully pumped full of growth hormones). I like to lift weights and bulk up so I have to eat at least 150 mg of protein a day. That's hard to do at first, I should really have 200 but I haven't made it that far yet. Even to lose weight I eat that much protein to not lose muscle while cutting weight. Oh and I'm down 4 pounds, 2 pounds a week will work for me
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #158
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I don't do pre-workout stuff or creatine. Most pre-workout supplements have a lot of caffeine in them and my body does not like it. Almost passed out at the gym on no exploded.

As for protein shakes I drink those but not to try and clean up my diet but more for a meal replacement since I am constantly on the road. It's just a simple efficient way to get some protein without being a pain in the ass. ( maybe around 3 or so, kind of my between lunch and dinner snack ) Also I do, do a post workout protein which is good for muscle recovery.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #159
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I don't do pre-workout stuff or creatine. Most pre-workout supplements have a lot of caffeine in them and my body does not like it. Almost passed out at the gym on no exploded.

As for protein shakes I drink those but not to try and clean up my diet but more for a meal replacement since I am constantly on the road. It's just a simple efficient way to get some protein without being a pain in the ass. ( maybe around 3 or so, kind of my between lunch and dinner snack ) Also I do, do a post workout protein which is good for muscle recovery.
In my opinion you don't need to do that yet. Your body has plenty of reserves right now to repair itself. You just need to make sure you are thouroughly hydrated so what you eat can move through your system. That train of thought of taking in protein after a workout is a bodybuilding mentality for people who are already lean.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #160
Dominic Toretto

I've been eating more lean meats and a lot of chicken (hopefully pumped full of growth hormones). I like to lift weights and bulk up so I have to eat at least 150 mg of protein a day. That's hard to do at first, I should really have 200 but I haven't made it that far yet. Even to lose weight I eat that much protein to not lose muscle while cutting weight. Oh and I'm down 4 pounds, 2 pounds a week will work for me
ROFL @ "(hopefully pumped full of growth hormones)."

And you mean 150 grams not milligrams lol but, yeah it is difficult to get that amount of protein from food in my line of work since I do the office thing. You can drink a protein shake while driving, you can't exactly do that with Boston Market half chicken, sweet potatoes and mixed veggies.

My scale claims that I lost two pounds since I started this new take on my diet. It's really difficult to tell it in the waist line though. My waist looks slightly smaller but, I can't tell if that is because I lost weight or because I am just not full like I normally am lol. I can still lift at the same consistency so I will keep this up for a few more weeks to see how it progresses.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 02-11-2014, 07:58 PM   #161
blownaltered
I have a small penis

In my opinion you don't need to do that yet. Your body has plenty of reserves right now to repair itself. You just need to make sure you are thouroughly hydrated so what you eat can move through your system. That train of thought of taking in protein after a workout is a bodybuilding mentality for people who are already lean.
Not true man. I've sat down with dietitians before and they told me to take in protein to repair my muscles even while losing weight. Yes I have fat but that's not muscle building protein, your looking at protein the wrong way.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:59 PM   #162
Dominic Toretto

That train of thought of taking in protein after a workout is a bodybuilding mentality for people who are already lean.
I'm confused. Are you advocating to not intake protein after working out?

-Alex

Old 02-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #163
blownaltered
I have a small penis

You have to take in protein after a work out to start helping with the rebuilding of your muscles. Steve's never really lifted a lot of weights, he has always trained martial arts so he's never really done this. As for him losing weight he has taken that path but I want to retain the muscle I have and try to replace the fat I have with muscle so I take in more protein. It's just different ways of doing it. Steve will lose weight faster his way but will lose muscle mass in the process without feeding them properly.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:19 PM   #164
Dominic Toretto

Not true man. I've sat down with dietitians before and they told me to take in protein to repair my muscles even while losing weight. Yes I have fat but that's not muscle building protein, your looking at protein the wrong way.
+1.

-Alex

Old 02-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #165
Grandpa
I> /\/\

You have to take in protein after a work out to start helping with the rebuilding of your muscles. Steve's never really lifted a lot of weights, he has always trained martial arts so he's never really done this. As for him losing weight he has taken that path but I want to retain the muscle I have and try to replace the fat I have with muscle so I take in more protein. It's just different ways of doing it. Steve will lose weight faster his way but will lose muscle mass in the process without feeding them properly.
Yes, by all means take in protein. But you dont need extra protein at this stage. Just eat clean and hit your macros. Extra protein will be taxing to your system and your body will tackle that before attacking your fat storage. You have plenty of extra fat to burn from at this point. Get down to the mid teens bodyfat percentage wise then you can start training like a bodybuilder eating all the bro foods. Lol

With the way you are tackling it you will just end up heavier than where you started in the first place. As i said, it should be interesting to see the results from the two different approaches.