Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #16
donutninja

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I swapped from State Farm to Geico as well. When I got the Mustang, my rate all of a sudden increased after 3 months. Oh okay, peace Stafe Farm. And to make matters worse, I took my cancellation notice into the office in person and they continued to draft my bank 3 months after cancelling the policy. My bonus checks a work were pretty high so I didn't notice until the 3rd month. Then had to argue with them for weeks to get them to return my money and they had to mail me a check.

Moral of the story is FUCK State Farm.

-Alex
Granted this totally depends on who your insurance agent is, I left State Farm for similar reasons. I had since my first car. No accidents, no claims, and about 6 cars insured most. I had a 1991 240sx track/weekend car and a 2001 Maxima daily. I should have caught this, but some how someone at the office thought that when I added uninsured motorist to my policy they split up the coverage between my 2 cars. Yes... Split it up. The Maxima ( worth $6500 kbb) got uninsured medical and the 240sx (worth all of $1000 kbb and maybe $2500 due to mods.)
Well I got rear ended at about 45mph causing $8000 in damage to the Maxima by an uninsured motorist in California who then somehow fell off the face of the Earth and State Farm couldn't do a thing because they messed up my coverage.

I dropped them. Specifically said on the phone that I wanted to drop both cars and had already gone with Geico for insurance. The lady got made at me and told me my rate would just go up in 6months. Btw, they've only gone down. I was then charged for 2 more months of insurance on the 240sx and they have yet to refund me my money after countless emails.

This isn't State Farm's fault and I know this, but the hassle and frustration I was put through because of an incredibly incompetent agency made me throw in the towel and switch companies.

I havnt had a problem with Geico and had a minor fender bender (at fault) and my rate barely changed. I think I pay $90/mo full coverage for my 2013 Mustang.

On a side note, just moving from New Orleans to Dallas dropped my Liability only insurance in my Maxima from $120/mo to $44/mo!!!! O__o
donutninja is offline   Reply With Quote