Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-25-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
Teal93

Angry Bad Day Yesterday, real bad...

First off I am a new member and new to the area. I originally hail from north Chicago. I own a 93 Teal Cobra, and have had it since new. I wish I could have joined under better circumstances. Had a hell of a bad day yesterday. Some lady decided to turn in front of me yesterday at an intersection and end result was not good for my car. She got the ticket and a cop was only three cars behind me and verified she failed to yield to oncoming traffic. Another witness also stopped and confirmed she was at fault. Great, but my front end is trashed. Talked to the insurance company today and they said the car might be a total loss. I am crushed right now. It’s been my ride since senior year in HS.

I need to save this thing too many memories to let it go to the crusher. I need to find a shop in the DFW area that will realize what the car is and do a great job bringing her back to life. Any ideas here? I heard of Mid Cities Mustang, but looks like the focus on older Stangs. Any help would be appreciated. I put in a couple of pics.

[IMG]http:/http://s946.photobucket.com/user/CyclicalReality/slideshow/93%20Damage[/IMG]

B
Teal93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:53 PM   #2
DirtyD

Call Caliber Collision Dallas Galleria and speak with Beau Ballard, the manager. He's a Fox guy and hopefully will be able to give you some advice on if the car is savable.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Call Caliber Collision Dallas Galleria and speak with Beau Ballard, the manager. He's a Fox guy and hopefully will be able to give you some advice on if the car is savable.
This. Beau is a great guy.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:57 PM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
x3.

Welcome to the board!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #5
downtime!

Welcome in! Damage doesn't look all that bad, should be easily savable.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:35 PM   #6
Teal93

Thanks for the positive note on the damage. I'm hoping it can be saved. The drivers front fender is tweaked as well you just cant see it in the photo. Since its not going to be an original car any more, was thinking of a turbo kit down the road.... Won't feel bad now. The Porsche dealer in FW recommended Master Europa and Caliber, but I think they have a contract with Caliber for whatever that is worth. Any one dealt with House of Hot Rods in Mansfield? Just not sure if I'd be better off with a custom shop or more of a box type corporate shop.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:35 PM   #7
downtime!

Advantage Autoworks on Davis in North Richland Hills turns out some might fine work too. They are not cheap, but you do get what you pay for.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:41 PM   #8
DirtyD

My fiancé and her dad have had good luck with caliber collision. They seem to be a good shop
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:16 PM   #9
Dominic Toretto

Another +1 for Advantage Auto in NRH. You know you're in good hands when you see a Lamborghini Miura in one of their bays being worked on.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #10
Midnight11
El Presidente

Beau at caliber ftw

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:50 PM   #11
Teal93

I have off work mon And tues. ill check out caliber and advantage see which gives me the best vibe. Thanks guys.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:28 AM   #12
Red Devil

My boy George at elite bodywerks in dallas pm for more info
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #13
JDBishopArts

Another vote for Beau! Really good dude and will make sure it's done right. He's a guy you can trust.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:58 PM   #14
Teal93

Went to advantage today and spoke with Chris. I guess they are a State Farm preferred shop. They can do the estimates there. Anyhow told me SF's valuation software put my car at $3000. You have got to be kidding me. Damage will cost 5-6k to repair. So they would total my car. Again you've got to be kidding me. Go finding one with my miles for under 15k. So now it will be a fight on the value of the car. I have to prove the value of the car with documented sales. Nothing like being punished for someone else's mistake.
B
Old 04-29-2014, 04:30 PM   #15
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Teal93 View Post
Went to advantage today and spoke with Chris. I guess they are a State Farm preferred shop. They can do the estimates there. Anyhow told me SF's valuation software put my car at $3000. You have got to be kidding me. Damage will cost 5-6k to repair. So they would total my car. Again you've got to be kidding me. Go finding one with my miles for under 15k. So now it will be a fight on the value of the car. I have to prove the value of the car with documented sales. Nothing like being punished for someone else's mistake.
B
That is why I put classic car insurance on my fox. I know the blue book is around 3k but I'm insured for a hell of a lot more than that and the bonus is I pay half as much for the coverage.

You will have to find cars with similar miles to yours that are for sale to prove the value of your car. Once you get a few of them they should pay. If that doesn't work you will have to talk to an appraisal company and see what they can do for you.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote