Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
Stone

Default The New Tremor

So following Steve's trend of getting out of his Mustang, and I know PCB will hate me for this, but I'm trading in ole green. The truck's cab height helps with my back issues immensely, and this Tremor is a seriously quick F150. Can't wait to start modding.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 2 (3).jpg (61.3 KB, 62 views)
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #2
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Nice farm truck!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:15 PM   #3
PCB

Traitor.

Tell your detailer good luck at the Destruction Derby Awards.

I like that truck. If it was a quadcab I would be in trouble and risk of getting one.
PCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
Stone

FML PAUL.

Oh, and Steve, GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN Acres is the place to be.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #5
DirtyD

I hate those decals. But that's me. I think a decal-less Tremor would be very sneaky. Throw on a few upgrades (downpipe, tune, intake, turboback exhaust) and you have a definite sleeper.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #6
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I hate those decals. But that's me. I think a decal-less Tremor would be very sneaky. Throw on a few upgrades (downpipe, tune, intake, turboback exhaust) and you have a definite sleeper.
For racing Hondas..
Old 04-02-2014, 02:45 PM   #7
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
For racing Hondas..
It's not going to be a 10 sec truck by any means. I guess you have to understand the truck world to get where I'm coming from. There are Supercrews with the above mods running low 13s consistently. MPT has ran 12.8 @ 105 in theirs w/ nitrous. This motor by itself already makes dang near the same power as Lightnings did stock. This truck (Tremor), setup right, would get close to the 11s thanks to less weight and the same mods.

Last edited by DirtyD; 04-02-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #8
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I'm a truck guy as well. I just don't get the point of trying to race something that has the aerodynamics of a house and weighs almost as much. You'd have better luck trying to iceskate uphill or trying to swim without using your arms. You can do it, but it doesn't work very well. lmao. My trucks are for hauling the family and hauling gear in the bed.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #9
PCB

I'm a truck guy as well. I just don't get the point of trying to race something that has the aerodynamics of a house and weighs almost as much. You'd have better luck trying to iceskate uphill or trying to swim without using your arms. You can do it, but it doesn't work very well. lmao. My trucks are for hauling the family and hauling gear in the bed.
I agree, but having it a 12 second truck you can pull a boat, put camping gear in or throw the family in. Not bad. Is it fast by todays standards? Nope. It would be a quick, fun truck.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #10
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by PCB View Post
I agree, but having it a 12 second truck you can pull a boat, put camping gear in or throw the family in. Not bad. Is it fast by todays standards? Nope. It would be a quick, fun truck.
I understand and agree with the pulling aspect of it. I was more or less just poking fun at it.

I've gone from a hotrod/toy to a truck before as a sole transportation thing and it never works out. You will always get bored once you get hooked on the speed addiction. When you don't have a fun toy, something just feels like it's...missing, incomplete. lol. That's why I have both, toys and trucks.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #11
DirtyD

What Paul said below. People that own truck still want better performance out of them from the factory. The point isn't to break records, but to have something that you feel is fun to drive. It just comes down to personal tastes. With a legit tune from MPT, Livernois, or 5 Star, you now have a gas V6 truck that makes almost 500 rwtq. To me, that's just ludicrous. But you still have a usable truck that can act like a truck. Just does it better.

Last edited by DirtyD; 04-02-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:28 PM   #12
PCB

I understand and agree with the pulling aspect of it. I was more or less just poking fun at it.

I've gone from a hotrod/toy to a truck before as a sole transportation thing and it never works out. You will always get bored once you get hooked on the speed addiction. When you don't have a fun toy, something just feels like it's...missing, incomplete. lol. That's why I have both, toys and trucks.
Well I mean now that you have a CTS, you can eat your dinners at 5pm and catch Murder She Wrote on CDFI before you hit the bed at 8.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:33 PM   #13
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Well I mean now that you have a CTS, you can eat your dinners at 5pm and catch Murder She Wrote on CDFI before you hit the bed at 8.

After the fun ride home from dinner the Mrs. is ready to skip Murder She Wrote and go right to bed.

In the 5.0 on the way home she was already...
Old 04-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #14
Stone

SHOTS FIRED
[email protected]
817-481-3531

F-150 Tremor
Old 04-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #15
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Stone View Post

SHOTS FIRED
You're firing blanks in your field truck..