Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #31
Taxman

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Yeah, there was definitely a lot of new faces. I was all over the place trying to talk to as many people as possible. Sorry we didn't get to hang much. I saw a couple of your passes. Your car was making some crazy noises on the shifts!
That first pass was me hitting the rev limiter cuz I was locked out of second and third. LOL

Vortech V3, forged internals, FRPP 3:73 gears, MAC LT's w/ Prochamber, FRPP K Springs, Hurst Billet shifter, FRPP Intake maniforld FRPP 62mm Throttle body, and lots of showy stuff that doesn't make it any faster.

Tuned by True Street Motorsports 523 rwhp and 444 ftlbs torque.
Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #32
J.Shoot

Had a great time talking to and meeting you guys. Enjoyed running the car in the 1/4 for the first time. Can't wait to get back that way and do it again.
Thanks again to True Street and the gang for all you do for us!! We had an amazing time!

P.S. I really enjoyed stomping that GTR
2013 Boss 302 #2602
D1 Procharger
So many mods I can't remember them all.
Built and Tuned by True Street

J.Shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #33
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by J.Shoot View Post
Had a great time talking to and meeting you guys. Enjoyed running the car in the 1/4 for the first time. Can't wait to get back that way and do it again.
Thanks again to True Street and the gang for all you do for us!! We had an amazing time!

Congrats on your time. I don't know who was happier you or your wife. Lol it was great meeting and talking to both of y'all.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #34
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Doug1227 View Post
11.2 @ 125 with a 1.69 60'. Still have a few areas that need addressed, but getting better. Backed it p with an 11.3@125 later on.
you got a 10 second car no doubt.

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
Nice seeing everyone. Best cars to watch were JShoot vs Trans Am and also that pewter S10. Worst car all night was that "Cross Talk" Firebird.
"cross talk" doing it for jesus!!!!
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #35
Doug1227

Thanks. I was hoping for it to be last night, but I'll get there!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:06 AM   #36
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by J.Shoot View Post

Was a good time for sure, and yes it was fun to stomp the gtr. Congrats on the new personal best

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:39 AM   #37
OG Fox
Supporting Member

heres jeffs run http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2472
Old 08-19-2013, 01:41 AM   #38
Oxford14Stang

Yeah, as shitty as my times were I was 100% focused on the launch. Josh Bishop told me to basically come out of the hole at idle and ride the clutch in first to get 60' time down. I ran a 13.2 @ 113 the first time down(and my first going down a 1/4 track) and ran 13.1s every time after that at 110 if I remember correctly. but most importantly I got my 60' down to 2.1's using Josh's advice on the stock 235's next time I go out I'll try a few other things and focus on the tree/ET and see what she's got. I'd love to run 12.6-12.7 on the stock tires.. I knows its possibly just have to find the sweet spot

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:45 AM   #39
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
Yeah, as shitty as my times were I was 100% focused on the launch. Josh Bishop told me to basically come out of the hole at idle and ride the clutch in first to get 60' time down. I ran a 13.2 @ 113 the first time down(and my first going down a 1/4 track) and ran 13.1s every time after that at 110 if I remember correctly. but most importantly I got my 60' down to 2.1's using Josh's advice on the stock 235's next time I go out I'll try a few other things and focus on the tree/ET and see what she's got. I'd love to run 12.6-12.7 on the stock tires.. I knows its possibly just have to find the sweet spot
Same here. I know my car should be good for low 12s as it sits on street tires. I just need the practice.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:49 AM   #40
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Same here. I know my car should be good for low 12s as it sits on street tires. I just need the practice.
Yeah with your setup (basically mine) and your tires I could def. see your car running low 12s easily. What were you launching at?

Old 08-19-2013, 01:55 AM   #41
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
Yeah with your setup (basically mine) and your tires I could def. see your car running low 12s easily. What were you launching at?
First race I loaded to 2k and picked it off the line.

After that it was 1500 or so rolling out under moderate throttle. Still getting wheel hop and spinning in 2nd gear pedal to the floor.

If we were actually allowed to run in the prepped grooves, would've been a different story.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:19 AM   #42
OG Fox
Supporting Member

First race I loaded to 2k and picked it off the line.

After that it was 1500 or so rolling out under moderate throttle. Still getting wheel hop and spinning in 2nd gear pedal to the floor.

If we were actually allowed to run in the prepped grooves, would've been a different story.
those grooves are for people with drag radials or slicks. they were letting some cars with bigs and lils use the groove. they dont want street tires ruining the grooves.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:20 AM   #43
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
those grooves are for people with drag radials or slicks. they were letting some cars with bigs and lils use the groove. they dont want street tires ruining the grooves.
They kicked Ant off the grooves when he bolted up his DRs, he even told them he swapped his wheels/tires out .. apparently they didn't care.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:50 AM   #44
Ear rak

Just out of curiosity, are you guys on street tires lowering the tire pressure at all? Would help immensely, even on 235's. I'd take them down to about 23-25, clean them off in the burn out box and see what happens.
2009 Mustang GT 5spd - JLT cai, pypes l/t, o/r x-pipe, SW Retro 3" a/b, FRPP shifter, FRPP k springs, FRPP sway bars, FRPP struts/dampners, FRPP strut tower brace, 4.10 gears, and fancy FRPP valve covers
Ear rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #45
Grandpa
I> /\/\

You'd easily hit 12's if your legs were long enough to pin the go pedal to the floor.

Originally Posted by Ear rak View Post
Just out of curiosity, are you guys on street tires lowering the tire pressure at all? Would help immensely, even on 235's. I'd take them down to about 23-25, clean them off in the burn out box and see what happens.
That won't help at all unless they are drag radials. The sidewalls on a regular street radial do not flex therefor do not benefit from lowering air pressure at all.

Also, if you are on regular radials, don't do a burnout in the water box. Drive around it completely avoiding the water. Depending on the tire will depend on what type of burnout you need to do. Some tires if soft enough will benefit from heating them up, but some other stock type tires will just get hot and greasy making traction worse.

Just my opinion..
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote