Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-29-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
Dan12GT

Default Intake Heat Shield Installed

Well I was in the engine bay cleaning the crud from the recent storms and had taken off half the stuff it takes to remove the IM anyway so I figured why not go all out and remove the IM and throw on the shielding I bought like 6 months ago while I was there.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388290464.342675.jpg

Initial thoughts....hard to say... I hadn't really done much for "testing" but I think the best way to know if I gained anything from this would be to look at dyno numbers, track numbers, and fuel economy. I don't have any major plans for now for HP mods as I got a kiddo on the way and spending money on the car is at the lowest priority so I'll prob just wait for True Street's next dyno day to see if there are any number changes / get to the track again soon.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:07 AM   #2
Bacadiesel

That's pretty sweet.

Someone should make like a little box or inter cooler type thing to sit under manifold and fill it with dry ice when running at the track. I would like to see that for sure. But it would have to be vented so it won't explode.
Bacadiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:59 AM   #3
toomnymods

I wouldn't think this would offer any type of hp increase as the air isnt in the intake pipe long enough to become heat soaked..

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by toomnymods View Post
I wouldn't think this would offer any type of hp increase as the air isnt in the intake pipe long enough to become heat soaked..
It might not do much but I can't image it will do nothing and won't hurt anything so why not

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote