Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #61
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
How much to stroke it.. Lol
you could build this motor for about $4500-$5000 as a 331,347,or a 363. The block and internals would be good for 1300fwhp.

If I was in your shoes I would build a bigger motor since you need everything and it will not cost more. Dart block 351 stroked to a 430-450 would a average set of heads would make 530+RWHP and a 100+ more RWTQ and not cost much or any more than to build a small 302 Based motor.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #62
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
you could build this motor for about $4500-$5000 as a 331,347,or a 363. The block and internals would be good for 1300fwhp.

If I was in your shoes I would build a bigger motor since you need everything and it will not cost more. Dart block 351 stroked to a 430-450 would a average set of heads would make 530+RWHP and a 100+ more RWTQ and not cost much or any more than to build a small 302 Based motor.
Since he is starting from scratch it is easy to go that route. Me I will stay 302 based since everything I have is setup for it and I would spend a fortune converting over.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #63
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Since he is starting from scratch it is easy to go that route. Me I will stay 302 based since everything I have is setup for it and I would spend a fortune converting over.
Agreed!!!!! you have a set up to make 600+ with not much more than a short block. The Boss block stroked to a 331 would be a perfect combo for you to make good power and allow that blower to start being used

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #64
Grandpa
I> /\/\

allow that blower to start being used
But he's not interested in racing...
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #65
OG Fox
Supporting Member

well i'm visiting the shop later, i'll talk to you guys about it some more!
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #66
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
But he's not interested in racing...
Just because I want a block I don't have to worry about doesn't mean I want to race. It means I want safety.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #67
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Just because I want a block I don't have to worry about doesn't mean I want to race. It means I want safety.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #68
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Old 04-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #69
STROKD
Old School

In all honesty Donnie, my dad built his shortblock to be the last one the car ever needed and so it wouldn't blow up when he got on it as well... He doesn't race it and never really goes over 80 in it.

He was tired of worrying about the rods coming out of the block everytime he got on it, (or lifting the heads and blowing gaskets) and was hooked on the power of the blower after it being slow for most of it's life.

I will probably eventually take it to the track once or twice just to see if I can get it down the track. The car Steve and I ran a long while back ran 9s, so if that's any indication of what the car will do, I should be able to get it in the high 10s with a stick. Id be pretty proud if it ran that good since the suspension is stiffer than hell and it weighs about 3900 lbs with me in it.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #70
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
. He doesn't race it and never really goes over 80 in it.
LMFAO, he hasn't SEEN the car in years let alone drive it!

Honestly, that car is THE perfect fox cruiser/weekend warrior I've ever seen with exception of the fucking gay wheels. It's a crime that there isn't a nice set of wheels on that car. lol

I would cruise the hell out of that car and it's a shame no one loves it enough to drive it. I'm planning on kneecapping Matt and his Dad for neglecting that car. In fact, Matt should be kicked in the balls for being a legendary Mustang killer. I hate him.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #71
STROKD
Old School

I like the Rs, always have, they look good on the car. Not my fault everyone played them out with ugly replicas.

The car doesn't move because it's not tuned. I have no reason to drive it because if I do race someone Ill probably break something. My dad doesn't race, doesn't matter if he hasn't driven it in a few years or not, he's not really into it. Last time he actually raced was at FFW Houston I think in 2004, and that was in his truck. He's never taken a pass in the C6, he just let's me do it because he doesn't want to be embarrassed. He doesn't st race because he's always paranoid.

So yea, as I said he didn't build the car up to race anyone, just to be fun to drive. All it lacks is a tune, which he is avoiding so I'm not out racing it. I don't want to be responsible of breaking it which is why I haven't tuned it myself or had TS do it on my nickel.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #72
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
In all honesty Donnie, my dad built his shortblock to be the last one the car ever needed and so it wouldn't blow up when he got on it as well... He doesn't race it and never really goes over 80 in it.

He was tired of worrying about the rods coming out of the block everytime he got on it, (or lifting the heads and blowing gaskets) and was hooked on the power of the blower after it being slow for most of it's life.

I will probably eventually take it to the track once or twice just to see if I can get it down the track. The car Steve and I ran a long while back ran 9s, so if that's any indication of what the car will do, I should be able to get it in the high 10s with a stick. Id be pretty proud if it ran that good since the suspension is stiffer than hell and it weighs about 3900 lbs with me in it.
That the same reason I went ahead and put in the new transmission. I was scared of shredding it every time I would hit boost. I will probably start buying the parts before long. I am also going to start buying the parts for the suspension on my car. Those are really the only two things left to do to the car.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #73
Grandpa
I> /\/\

That the same reason I went ahead and put in the new transmission. I was scared of shredding it every time I would hit boost. I will probably start buying the parts before long. I am also going to start buying the parts for the suspension on my car. Those are really the only two things left to do to the car.
LOL, the last time Matt and I were out in the vert we destroyed the transmission in it. Like seriously loud BOOM! But he still beat that turbo hatch.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #74
blownaltered
I have a small penis

LOL, the last time Matt and I were out in the vert we destroyed the transmission in it. Like seriously loud BOOM! But he still beat that turbo hatch.
You are a kill joy. Is there anything I post you can't make a negative out of.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #75
Grandpa
I> /\/\

You are a kill joy. Is there anything I post you can't make a negative out of.
Well, I understand why you think that right now since you arent happy with what is going on with your car right now and you're understandably pissy, but that wasn't my intent to be negative, was just telling funny story from yet another one of mine and Matt's adventures. Only us two goofballs could manage to take out a bullletproof car and destroy it on one rare night it went out. It was scary and hilarious all at the same time.