Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Foxbody 5.0s

Foxbody 5.0s For the original 5.0s that started it all

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:16 PM   #46
Toby

I would go with a custom grind cam from Ed Curtis, a set of afr 205 renegade heads, and victor jr single plane with spyder upper intake setup. Something like what I had on my car would be great.

Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #47
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Slooooooooow.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #48
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I would go with a custom grind cam from Ed Curtis, a set of afr 205 renegade heads, and victor jr single plane with spyder upper intake setup. Something like what I had on my car would be great.

I was just looking at a super Vic intake and they aren't bad in price. I was a little shocked they weren't more. As for heads I have been looking at sets like that. Just wasn't sure on how big I needed to go for that.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #49
Toby

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I was just looking at a super Vic intake and they aren't bad in price. I was a little shocked they weren't more. As for heads I have been looking at sets like that. Just wasn't sure on how big I needed to go for that.
A cylinder head that flows 240+ at .400 lift and 300+ at .600 should suffice. The intake setup is usually about the same price as any other intake setup. Keep in mind you will also need a fuel system, rails, pumps, lines etc.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #50
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
A cylinder head that flows 240+ at .400 lift and 300+ at .600 should suffice. The intake setup is usually about the same price as any other intake setup. Keep in mind you will also need a fuel system, rails, pumps, lines etc.
I know it's going to be a lot of stuff. I'm part dreaming and part shopping. Eventually I will build it all out. More or less I'm trying to plan a path and then start buying. If I can start getting motor components and fuel system components here and there it doesn't hurt your pocket book as bad. Hell I've been so bored I've been shopping turbo kits lately, but the only thing that will change in the setup for that will be cam choice. Everything else will be the same. I know the novi 2000 that's on it will make all the power I want but I just can't help looking at turbos.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #51
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Depending on the motor build you choose if you spin the begeezus out of that 2000 headunit you could probably make 700rw or so with it. That would be a fun vert. Strokd's vert is a hell of alot of fun.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #52
STROKD
Old School

The motor Toby recommends is basically what is in the 90... short stroke 347 with a tad more bore since the block is aluminum. it is a lot of fun, but to be honest, a 408 is a lot more fun, esp for a heavy car.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:39 AM   #53
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Depending on the motor build you choose if you spin the begeezus out of that 2000 headunit you could probably make 700rw or so with it. That would be a fun vert. Strokd's vert is a hell of alot of fun.
I'm not interested in spinning the hell out of the blower. That blower isn't small. It's the equivalent of a d1 in Procharger or a t trim in vortec. So it will move some air.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:44 AM   #54
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
The motor Toby recommends is basically what is in the 90... short stroke 347 with a tad more bore since the block is aluminum. it is a lot of fun, but to be honest, a 408 is a lot more fun, esp for a heavy car.
A 408 would be fun but I think it will be over kill for what I want. I never want 1000hp, I don't race often and when I do it's against Steve for shits and giggles.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #55
blownaltered
I have a small penis

The other thing is I don't want to do to the vert what I did to my 01gt. I don't want to make it where it isn't fun to drive. By that I don't want to have to worry every time I take it out something might break. That car was more fun at 450 than it ever was at 625, but I think that had a lot to do with my combo, blower selection and builder.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #56
Grandpa
I> /\/\

The other thing is I don't want to do to the vert what I did to my 01gt. I don't want to make it where it isn't fun to drive. By that I don't want to have to worry every time I take it out something might break. That car was more fun at 450 than it ever was at 625, but I think that had a lot to do with my combo, blower selection and builder.
I completely agree with that. Big HP cars aren't worth the hassle and headache unless you have the funds to replace things all the time and/or have multiple toys to play with for when one is broken.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #57
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I completely agree with that. Big HP cars aren't worth the hassle and headache unless you have the funds to replace things all the time and/or have multiple toys to play with for when one is broken.
That's also what's killing me. My car is fun as it is but I damn well know its a ticking time bomb, you have to love old ford 302s. So that's why I want to start getting parts. My theory is if I make the motor more efficient with more cubic inches, better heads, cam and intake I won't have to turn the blower up to make more power. If I can keep the boost about the same and make everything else better I will still pick up some ponies and be safe.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #58
STROKD
Old School

Cool

I'm not interested in spinning the hell out of the blower. That blower isn't small. It's the equivalent of a d1 in Procharger or a t trim in vortec. So it will move some air.
Donnie, someone lied to you. A novi 2k is almost as good as an old S trim V1... the d1 and t trim are much better.

A 408 will move more air all the time and have less lag. You already have the hood for clearance, if you are replacing shit anyway, all you need is an ac bracket and different headers. My dad spent a lot of money regretting not getting a stroker windsor... he wanted a fun reliable build like you do too, i told him at least 50 times to build a 351 block, but he knew best. now he has a heavy slow ass car with an expensive motor, where it could have been fucken fast for 100 bucks more for the bigger block.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:25 AM   #59
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Donnie, someone lied to you. A novi 2k is almost as good as an old S trim V1... the d1 and t trim are much better.

A 408 will move more air all the time and have less lag. You already have the hood for clearance, if you are replacing shit anyway, all you need is an ac bracket and different headers. My dad spent a lot of money regretting not getting a stroker windsor... he wanted a fun reliable build like you do too, i told him at least 50 times to build a 351 block, but he knew best. now he has a heavy slow ass car with an expensive motor, where it could have been fucken fast for 100 bucks more for the bigger block.

This is a combo I saw on the corral. This looks like it could be fun. I'll sell off my blower if I go this route.

Dart IE built by Rick Hawver of RNH performance
9.3:1
AFR 205's
Shaft rockers
Super Vic intake with a 6061 elbow
120 injectors
E85
76 GTSHP turbo (3" downpipe and journal bearings)
Precision A/A intercooler (the 825hp one)
Viper T56
Kurgan tuned Big Stuff3

Made 954 a@26psi but dialed the boost down to 23ish
Old 12-09-2013, 03:32 AM   #60
Grandpa
I> /\/\

a 408 would be fun but i think it will be over kill for what i want. I never want 1000hp, i don't race often and when i do it's against steve for shits and giggles.
the other thing is i don't want to do to the vert what i did to my 01gt. I don't want to make it where it isn't fun to drive. By that i don't want to have to worry every time i take it out something might break. That car was more fun at 450 than it ever was at 625, but i think that had a lot to do with my combo, blower selection and builder.
this is a combo i saw on the corral. This looks like it could be fun. I'll sell off my blower if i go this route.

Dart ie built by rick hawver of rnh performance
9.3:1
afr 205's
shaft rockers
super vic intake with a 6061 elbow
120 injectors
e85
76 gtshp turbo (3" downpipe and journal bearings)
precision a/a intercooler (the 825hp one)
viper t56
kurgan tuned big stuff3

made 954 a@26psi but dialed the boost down to 23ish

lmao...