Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #61
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #62
GunsUp

Jeff nonetheless I'm stoked you came out to Ennis the other night. Glad you gave it your best. Now I hope you can get everything dialed in to make that car the true beast we all know it will be once its said and done.

You have to admit that video is pretty funny.

I don't know what was said nor do I care to know. It had nothing to do with cars.

Jeff what is the next step? What does Clint say? I heard him mention at the track you needed better tires. But that's down the line. Is it just a tuning issue at the moment?
Old 08-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #63
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #64
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by GunsUp View Post
Jeff nonetheless I'm stoked you came out to Ennis the other night. Glad you gave it your best. Now I hope you can get everything dialed in to make that car the true beast we all know it will be once its said and done.

I don't know what was said nor do I care to know. It had nothing to do with cars.

Jeff what is the next step? What does Clint say? I heard him mention at the track you needed better tires. But that's down the line. Is it just a tuning issue at the moment?
From watching I would say a tire issue and a driver issue. The guy has had no seat time in the car, along with no time at the track. A manual car is a lot harder to launch properly than an auto. His tires are not made for what he was doing so traction was an issue all night.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #65
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
Lol
Old 08-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #66
Midnight11
El Presidente

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
Hahahaha

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #67
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
From watching I would say a tire issue and a driver issue. The guy has had no seat time in the car, along with no time at the track. A manual car is a lot harder to launch properly than an auto. His tires are not made for what he was doing so traction was an issue all night.
What he said. For the track I need more seat time. I don't understand after I said several times that I would be rusty at the track that everyone was expecting so much. But yes I also need better tires but as far as tuning goes the car runs great. I probably need to change out suspension as far as shocks, struts, disconnect the front sway bar. But I need more and more and more seat time at the track.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #68
GunsUp

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
What he said. For the track I need more seat time. I don't understand after I said several times that I would be rusty at the track that everyone was expecting so much. But yes I also need better tires but as far as tuning goes the car runs great. I probably need to change out suspension as far as shocks, struts, disconnect the front sway bar. But I need more and more and more seat time at the track.
I'm not trying to be a dick. But why did the car go into Limp mode on that run?
Old 08-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #69
Taxman

Watching the video, surely you see that you were just a tad bit over the top with your boasting?

Vortech V3, forged internals, FRPP 3:73 gears, MAC LT's w/ Prochamber, FRPP K Springs, Hurst Billet shifter, FRPP Intake maniforld FRPP 62mm Throttle body, and lots of showy stuff that doesn't make it any faster.

Tuned by True Street Motorsports 523 rwhp and 444 ftlbs torque.
Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #70
Junkie

Seat time is key to great ET, as well as vehicle setup. Lots of us have been fast with a stick and would be willing to give advice I'm sure.

MPH is an indication of power....
Old 08-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #71
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Don't really know why it did.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #72
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Seat time is key to great ET, as well as vehicle setup. Lots of us have been fast with a stick and would be willing to give advice I'm sure.

MPH is an indication of power....
MPH does indicate power. My car has dyno over 500 rwhp several times but then no one believes how much my car weighs. I think my mph proves that my car weighs a lot more then what people are saying.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #73
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
Watching the video, surely you see that you were just a tad bit over the top with your boasting?

The first run in the dumbass video my car was in limp mode. The second run Clint was driving the car. I love how dale didn't put in the clean passes Clint and I made. They weren't great but nothing like what Dale posted.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #74
Taxman

MPH does indicate power. My car has dyno over 500 rwhp several times but then no one believes how much my car weighs. I think my mph proves that my car weighs a lot more then what people are saying.
The scales were open Saturday. Mine weighed 3815 lbs.

Vortech V3, forged internals, FRPP 3:73 gears, MAC LT's w/ Prochamber, FRPP K Springs, Hurst Billet shifter, FRPP Intake maniforld FRPP 62mm Throttle body, and lots of showy stuff that doesn't make it any faster.

Tuned by True Street Motorsports 523 rwhp and 444 ftlbs torque.
Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #75
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Doing a burn out in first gear bouncing of the limiter was probably the cause of that.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote