Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:21 AM   #16
Dominic Toretto

Haven't had the Mustang towed but, I do have a funny story on the subject.

About three years ago, a new hire training class began at my job for one of the Collections departments. One of the new hires apparently had a loan that was delinquent on the vehicle she was using to get to work (Ugly ass white Caprice or Crown Victoria with a big pink stripe down the center and ~24inch pic wheels). One day while she was in the training class her lien holder's contract towing company came to pic up the vehicle. He backed into the vehicle, applied the wench and as he went to get back in his truck, he realized that his door was locked so he could not get back in the truck.

Her class lets out and she is panicking of course. She argues with the tow guy, and someone feeds her the same "they can't tow it if you're in it" line and she gets in the car. She also asks a friend of hers to get in it also in case she needs to leave the car so someone can be in the car. I am watching the whole event go down from my seat and the longer it plays out, the funnier it becomes. Anyway, the security at the job can't interfere apparently. No police were ever called. I left work about 20 minutes late so I could try to see what would happen. She was still in the car after I left so I left for home. I asked some people working the late shift what happened and they said that the owner or someone from the tow company came out with a spare key and documentation from the lien holder showing valid cause to take the vehicle, and the police(when they eventually showed up) allowed the tow to leave with the vehicle.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:03 PM   #17
zsommer79

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
No they just call the police and if they have a right to tow it the police make you get out of the car. We get this call all the time
Yea I could see that on a repo but that driver isn't going to set around and wait for the cops to show for an apt complex tow. Especially after he tricked the guy into parking there.
zsommer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #18
03MachMe

Originally Posted by zsommer79 View Post
Yea I could see that on a repo but that driver isn't going to set around and wait for the cops to show for an apt complex tow. Especially after he tricked the guy into parking there.
Trust me they do and will

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #19
zsommer79

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Trust me they do and will
Well I guess I would just be waiting for you to see how things play out. I would explain the situation and ask what happens if I do this or that. Hope you are patient.
zsommer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:27 PM   #20
GreenGravity

Hahah! Wow crazy story ford play and toretto.
Yeah I don't know about sitting in the car but how would beating the guys ass play out? Lol
I mean this is just dumb what they can do and get away with.
They deserve a good ass kicking for that sort of a thing.
But I know now for the future what to also "not do" like oooo trusting someone with a hook on their truck that I don't even know.
Not going to beat my self up over it or loose sleep. #lessonlearned
GreenGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:12 AM   #21
fordplay

Most carry weapons.. because doing what you are doing.. comes with a higher likely hood of catching a beating/knife/bullet
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #22
GreenGravity

I know if I had that job I would be carrying something.
Even if I was straight an narrow
GreenGravity is offline   Reply With Quote